Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4246 4247 [4248] 4249 4250 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754370 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63705 on: October 07, 2011, 06:15:20 pm »

It just wouldn't die. It was...
THE THREAD THAT CAME BACK
*epic movie trailer music*
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #63706 on: October 07, 2011, 06:26:43 pm »

Have you guys seen the "Whats your favorite way to kill" thread? I posted in there that I cut off legs and then went straight for a kill. Some people snuck into nobles houses, cut off the nobles feet, and made them watch as they threw knives at their child. That's pretty bad, heh heh. To each his own, I guess. The appeal of Dwarf Fortress lies in the  freedom of choice, anyways, and it's just a game. NOTE: I AM NOT CONTINUING ARGUMENTS, I'M JUST SAYIN.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63707 on: October 07, 2011, 06:32:34 pm »

You're saying it in the wrong thread, in the wrong section of the forum, for reasons I cannot ascertain.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #63708 on: October 07, 2011, 06:39:11 pm »

I was commenting on the recent revival and locking of the Your all monsters thread. And this is the happy thread. It's used for everything from advertising forum games to random discussions.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63709 on: October 07, 2011, 06:42:43 pm »

It just seemed bizarre and out of place to a) recount an anecdote from a similar thread, then b) try and defend the locked thread despite the fact nobody was actually saying anything negative.

But it's not like it matters that much, I just don't entirely understand why you felt it necessary to even bring it up.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #63710 on: October 07, 2011, 06:46:23 pm »

It was very compulsive. I just thought I would drop my opinion. That's all.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #63711 on: October 07, 2011, 06:57:54 pm »

It was very compulsive. I just thought I would drop my opinion. That's all.
What I find helps is to type out my ramblings (and hit preview). Then, I read it, and imagine how it contributes or is relevant to the topic, and how people are likely to respond. If it's a twitter-post thing or some stupid comment, I delete it and move on, having been satisfied with typing it out anyway.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63712 on: October 07, 2011, 07:00:40 pm »

... JC, haven't you played in mafia games before you got your avatar?  Go sign up for the next open BM.  It'll be good for you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #63713 on: October 07, 2011, 07:03:51 pm »

Heh.  My right ear just made a falling tone sort of noise.  Like a dropping bomb, but about two octaves lower.  Maybe I sat down too fast or something, but it was amusing.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63714 on: October 07, 2011, 07:04:48 pm »

I played TF2. And I was actually competant. Yay! I'm not as shit as I thought!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #63715 on: October 07, 2011, 07:05:12 pm »

Tomorrow I get to run one of my favorite Cross Country courses, and I'm starting to recover from my iron deficiency. I'm excited to finally run another race where I don't feel like I'm dying the entire time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63716 on: October 07, 2011, 07:29:44 pm »

I played TF2. And I was actually competant. Yay! I'm not as shit as I thought!
Invite me over so I may prove you wrong.

Feel the oncoming storm of 1200 hours played.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63717 on: October 07, 2011, 07:31:08 pm »

I read the 'You People Are All Monsters' thread, and now I'm going to go play some DF.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #63718 on: October 07, 2011, 07:41:46 pm »

Vector, I was in a mafia game. My conversation and rhetoric skills are complete shit, so I ended up more completly confused and annoyed than actually having fun. Also I only have my phone to play on, and it is incredibly difficult. I can't quote directly, or even tell when people are voting. I agree that it would help, but it just isn't going to happen from my phone :-/ But enough self pity. Oh, and I can't preview posts from a phone. And I can't tell if the text has any effects.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63719 on: October 07, 2011, 07:46:55 pm »

Then next time you have any sort of steady computer section, come play ?:I

Oh, I also have new glasses.  That is excellent.  I've had the old ones for... a long time.  These ones have narrower lenses will still managing to make me look awkwardly nerdy.  No pictures until I wash my hair, though.  That is crucial.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4246 4247 [4248] 4249 4250 ... 13325