Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3807 3808 [3809] 3810 3811 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795275 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: [DOSH] Here's some cash lads grab it while you can. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #57120 on: July 20, 2011, 07:20:28 pm »

It looks like the main difference is that the nacelles are in line with the top of the main body.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57121 on: July 20, 2011, 07:35:24 pm »

I think the Enterprise used to be a Galaxy-class(notable for it's large detatchable saucer section), but I suppose after one of the times it got blown up they rebuilt as a Sovereign-class. But my Trekkie knowledge is none too reliable.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57122 on: July 20, 2011, 07:36:36 pm »

Also, the Neck connecting the engineering section to the saucer is actually two necks.

The Enterprise E (the Sovereign Euld posted) in STO backround history was captained by Data (B4 Got "Fixed" and got all of Datas memories back making him effectively Data) but apparently disappeared without a trace. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:40:49 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57123 on: July 20, 2011, 07:36:55 pm »

The main difference to me is that it looks almost exactly like Voyager.

Stewart, Frakes, Dorn, and Burton are getting pretty long in the tooth these days, so just what is this supposed to be for?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #57124 on: July 20, 2011, 07:39:42 pm »

Just returned from longest walk for a while (don't know about distance, but it took around two hours.) That made me happy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57125 on: July 20, 2011, 07:40:06 pm »

The main difference to me is that it looks almost exactly like Voyager.
Nah, the Venture Class is smaller, and the nacelles(which fold upwards when activating warp drives) are lower(except at warp) and closer to the body. That pic is a Sovereign.[/nerdrage]
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57126 on: July 20, 2011, 07:43:46 pm »

It might help to see some early concepts of it.

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2492

I don't think its really a sovereign, (For one its way bigger)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57127 on: July 20, 2011, 07:48:05 pm »

I'm sure Voyager's an Intrepid, not a Venture. Ventures are the tiny little things that would probably do better as Fighters. Also, Intrepids are Cruisers, the Enterprise has always been a Battleship or Dreadnought. Except in the series called Enterprise, in which I think it was cruiser sized.

New Enterprise reminds me of the Norway, but much bigger. It's the rounded point on the 'saucer' bit, I think.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:44:39 pm by Burnt Pies »
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #57128 on: July 20, 2011, 08:00:20 pm »

So I'm driving along today, my arm covered in blood, listening to "When You're Evil", and suddenly I think, "What would happen if I were pulled over?" And then I couldn't stop laughing for a while.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57129 on: July 20, 2011, 08:10:07 pm »

I'm sure Voyager's an Intrepid, not a Venture. Ventures are the tiny little things that would probably do better as Fighters.
Ack, you're right. I got the two mixed up.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57130 on: July 20, 2011, 09:44:55 pm »

So apparently my roommate thought I couldn't take apart a vacuum cleaner to figure out was wrong with it.  Before he could get a tool out of the chest, I'd already unscrewed the cover.  Then he came over to tell me how to pop the cover off.  I did that before he had a chance to finish saying the word "so."  Then I removed the broken belt.  Mechanically disinclined roommate number-two asked if we could put on a new belt if he bought one.  Two seconds or so later, I told him we could.  Mechanically inclined roommate asked me about a potential (very minor) issue.  Shared two trivial observations, gave an algorithm, and screwed the casing back on.

I feel pretty good today.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57131 on: July 20, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »

So I bought X-COM: UFO defense, which is a game I've wanted to play for a while, and for 5 bucks on steam it's a deal.

Now I have a question: I want to do a Let's Play of this, and I want to know if you guys would prefer to watch me play blind and bumble around, or see some recognition of skill.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57132 on: July 20, 2011, 09:54:11 pm »

Now I have a question: I want to do a Let's Play of this, and I want to know if you guys would prefer to watch me play blind and bumble around, or see some recognition of skill.

Blind and bumbling.  If you know what you're doing, the game is almost trivially easy.  Stumbling your way through the horribly cheating aliens is what people remember it for.

Just remember, you must play on Superhuman difficulty.  There is no excuse not to, even for a total noob.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57133 on: July 20, 2011, 09:55:13 pm »

I'd say definitely play though to the end once on your own. The game goes very, very long if you don't know what you're doing, and you might lose very quickly, leading to disappointed readers.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57134 on: July 20, 2011, 10:00:17 pm »

Losing quickly isn't a dissapointment, you can always just try again. Theres plenty of LPs of it that know what they are doing, one that doesn't is an interesting change.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 3807 3808 [3809] 3810 3811 ... 13325