Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3501 3502 [3503] 3504 3505 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799938 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: [Operate!] Things Fran operated on you for today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #52530 on: May 27, 2011, 07:25:13 am »

I finaly got to backing up the necessaries from my computer. Kinda releaving, and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything important. Even found some old msn logs hidden away in a dark, webby corner, that while I know I have no real reason to keep, my nostalgia-center still managed to convince me to include.

Now I just have to copy all my brother's (and his bands') old recordings, and I'm ready for a meltdown, if it comes to that.
Love, scriver~

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #52531 on: May 27, 2011, 08:20:16 am »

My lord, what must I do to win your favor?

As you wish, my lord.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have designed a pentrain as you have ordered. Is it to you liking?

I see... I shall try again, this time with an original image.

Is this any better, my lord?

B-but I drew it myse-

This is why I am now a chicken.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52532 on: May 27, 2011, 08:30:48 am »

I always struggle with getting recaptchas right. Does that mean I'm a bot?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52533 on: May 27, 2011, 08:32:19 am »

@Taco Dan

By the decrees above, you would seem to be multiple chickens.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #52534 on: May 27, 2011, 08:33:45 am »

Or maybe Inglip just wants a chicken farm in Italy.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52535 on: May 27, 2011, 12:58:51 pm »

Cracked.com has made me happy, but it's like fucking tv tropes, theres always another page, always
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #52536 on: May 27, 2011, 01:05:12 pm »

Great Game Music thread, and my suggestions. Now I have the urge to reinstall The whole X-Wing Series and play through/continue them again. They were such epic games, and it's about time I dust off that joystick anyway. I used to rock at piloting spacecraft (with X-Wing physics, of course).

Highlights:
X-Wing- Nuking a Star Destroyer for the first time, and the Death Star Trench Run. The end of the Ram's Head Campaign, and watching the devastation afterward. Flying your first B-Wing.
Tie Fighter- Wiping out a Calamari Cruiser for the first time, Downing a heavy craft with a Tie Fighter, Your first Tie Defender, surviving a minefield for the first time. Destroying a squadrons solo with a Tie Interceptor for the first time.
X-Wing Alliance- Flying a Corellian Transport (and the Millennium Falcon at the end), Making your first epic battle in the simulator, multiplayer skirmishes, Learning how to dumb-fire your missiles so capital ships can't shoot them down and fighters aren't aware of them (mastery of dumb-firing without need of targeting anymore being the ultimate achievement), Going inside giant structures and stations (and at least one other mission that you have to destroy one from the inside), Death Star II Tunnel Run.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 01:34:58 pm by Itnetlolor »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52537 on: May 27, 2011, 01:45:23 pm »

Strange quotations from today, because why not:

Quote from: Vector
Would you like a side order of burned brassiere with that sammich, sir?

Vector: I'm made of styrofoam.
Vector's mother: Yeah, I knew that.

Quote from: Vector's mom, going through a revolving door
See, this is the kind of amusement park ride I like.  One where you're not so likely to get scared.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #52538 on: May 27, 2011, 01:51:11 pm »

To be fair, revolving doors are kinda cool.

Oh, and I found out that my dad once used high-explosive for starting a bonfire. Gotta love scientific parents.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52539 on: May 27, 2011, 01:57:44 pm »

Oh, and I found out that my dad once used high-explosive for starting a bonfire. Gotta love scientific parents.

I don't think scientific is the correct adjective for this statement. Perhaps something involving improvising.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52540 on: May 27, 2011, 02:00:57 pm »

To be fair, revolving doors are kinda cool.

I just remembered a hotel in China where a label on the revolving door explicitly mentioned that crawling through the door was forbidden. Really regret not taking a picture. Also regret not crawling through it.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #52541 on: May 27, 2011, 02:04:21 pm »

Holy crap, this video is amazing if you have ever played Just Cause 2:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/27/just-cause-2-deaths-video/
It's a map created using the sum of all the location data about the 11 million total player deaths in-game, with each dot being 1 player death. There are enough that you can actually make out all the important features of the entire map. :O

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52542 on: May 27, 2011, 02:07:00 pm »

That game is definitely not on rails. People have died in pretty much all possible locations. The blimp seems like a death trap though.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52543 on: May 27, 2011, 02:10:09 pm »

Am I the only one who laughed at the puddle of white under the blimp knowing that there were thousands of other people who fell off the thing and added to that puddle?

I'm more impressed with some diagonal pillars that jut into the air. These are straight lines of death points, making me wonder what could have caused people to die in such precise patterns in the air. And apparently a lot of people crashed into the sides of buildings.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #52544 on: May 27, 2011, 02:11:00 pm »

I don't think scientific is the correct adjective for this statement. Perhaps something involving improvising.
Yes, that would be better.. Still, the explosion was minor, mostly just hot air slapping you in the face, not even very hard. It was shocking though.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 3501 3502 [3503] 3504 3505 ... 13325