Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3079 3080 [3081] 3082 3083 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15767025 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #46200 on: April 05, 2011, 03:34:06 pm »

I had some sushi :3 a d a nice nap. Now if only my internet worked now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46201 on: April 05, 2011, 03:34:06 pm »

In short, I can reply only with, "Hell Yes."

Well, at least someone is enjoying himself.  I only mean that half-sarcastically =)

well excuse me for not believe any and all claim.

Why the fuck do you even care?  I'm obviously not trying to evoke male sympathy through the knowledge that somewhere out there something with tits might be lurking, so what does it matter to you?  Do I look like someone who's trying to fleece along white-knighting targets?

Jesus.  Check your reasoning, man.

(If you were just looking for an excuse to trot out that "there are no women on the internet" story, by the way: your copypasta isn't funny anymore.  Sorry <3)

Ok, reading works for me again. I'm slowly increasing in material read per day. Maybe I can reach my 'former glory' in time.
So while I do not have the possibility to socialize and hold meaningful conversations, I can console myself with books.
Might be good in the long run.

You made me happy today, because sometimes it can be nice to know that someone else is going through a similar thing.  I'm going to try to find a nice novel or something to read, to help me relax a little.

What have you been reading?  I'm still only halfway through Kurt Vonnegut's Welcome to the Monkey House.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #46203 on: April 05, 2011, 03:44:30 pm »

In short, I can reply only with, "Hell Yes."

Well, at least someone is enjoying himself.  I only mean that half-sarcastically =)

Glad it's only half! I already said in the sad thread what would be my reply, but anyway. I may not be able to really identify with the problem of discrimination, because I've been lucky enough to be born a white male in a town that is generally fine with non-religious folk. So I may not seem take it seriously enough (and I am sorry for that; I need to try harder anyway), but I do honestly wish that nobody at all could identify with it. Hopefully that's a good half-apology, and that last remark conveys the intended desire for built-into-culture prejudices to be fictional.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #46204 on: April 05, 2011, 03:53:15 pm »

While I can't say I enjoyed myself I certainly agreed with you as well, Vector. I am so tired of seeing white male protagonists that I, as a white male, rarely even write them anymore. It is ridiculous.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46205 on: April 05, 2011, 03:53:31 pm »

You made me happy today, because sometimes it can be nice to know that someone else is going through a similar thing.  I'm going to try to find a nice novel or something to read, to help me relax a little.

What have you been reading?  I'm still only halfway through Kurt Vonnegut's Welcome to the Monkey House.
And I'm happy, that you're happy.

I'm reading the collected works of Sigmund Freud.
His writing style is very elaborate and it gives me the chance to read something on a field I'm interested in, coupled with the need to read something well written in German every once in a while.
I like it this far. This is the first time I've underlined something in a non-schoolbook, a deed that I considered a sacrilege before. Looking up references and expressions, while taking notes to both of them, has been a lot of fun too.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:57:23 pm by Mindmaker »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46206 on: April 05, 2011, 03:57:03 pm »

While I can't say I enjoyed myself I certainly agreed with you as well, Vector. I am so tired of seeing white male protagonists that I, as a white male, rarely even write them anymore. It is ridiculous.

Asexual protégés are where it's at.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #46207 on: April 05, 2011, 03:59:46 pm »

Does it matter?

you're Vector,
Food avatar.
Math skill that I'm jealous of.
The flavor you wrote in mafia is fantastic.
and you argumentative abilities are to die for.

I don't care if you he or she, nor if you were a bunny, a frog or human, really.
Why the fuck do you even care?  I'm obviously not trying to evoke male sympathy through the knowledge that somewhere out there something with tits might be lurking, so what does it matter to you?  Do I look like someone who's trying to fleece along white-knighting targets?

Jesus.  Check your reasoning, man.
Jesus christ, what the hell? I did not even suggest any such thing.

I was about to write something stupid, but I realized it was unproductive, and wouldn't lead anywhere.
I wanted to respond to your accusations, but I have no idea what to say other than...

You apparently hate me...
and I have no idea how to reconcile this.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46208 on: April 05, 2011, 04:05:49 pm »

Say sorry?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46209 on: April 05, 2011, 04:10:16 pm »

Yea, Vector is cool, but can be a little over sensitive to people's unintentional offence. Best thing to do is admit you were wrong.

She will always be food to me!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46210 on: April 05, 2011, 04:14:51 pm »

I'm reading the collected works of Sigmund Freud.
His writing style is very elaborate and it gives me the chance to read something on a field I'm interested in, coupled with the need to read something well written in German every once in a while.
I like it this far. This is the first time I've underlined something in a non-schoolbook, a deed that I considered a sacrilege before. Looking up references and expressions, while taking notes to both of them, has been a lot of fun too.

Oh, Freud!  He's interesting, isn't he?  We've been reading about him in my rhetoric course, and I keep on thinking "Wow, I'd like to read some more of this when I know German."  What have you been reading thus far of his?

You apparently hate me...
and I have no idea how to reconcile this.

Well, I think it starts with me apologizing.  I've gotten a bit overdefensive today, and that was over the line.  My fault.

Sorry about that, and thank you for being so polite about this in face of my asshatery.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46211 on: April 05, 2011, 04:19:13 pm »

Underlined something in a book? How can anybody do such a thing? I don't even write anything in my schoolbooks, even though all my books are in a relatively bad state. I mean, really now. Defacing a book?

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #46212 on: April 05, 2011, 04:25:10 pm »

It's not defacing. If you have a looooong paragraph (like a page and a half long) and there are two sentences you really like in it then underlining is gonna help you find them.

The only books I never write in are new books, but I do it a lot in used ones.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46213 on: April 05, 2011, 04:28:28 pm »

I never, ever, ever write in my books under any circumstances.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46214 on: April 05, 2011, 04:30:40 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 3079 3080 [3081] 3082 3083 ... 13325