Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2827 2828 [2829] 2830 2831 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15907145 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #42420 on: March 12, 2011, 11:57:30 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcuGXkd4afI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3tQqMol2Xs

Oh god! I can't breathe! Laughing too hard!

Angel Of Death, human child has been struck down
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:14:03 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42421 on: March 12, 2011, 11:59:38 pm »

Er, that sounds familiar. Enlighten me.

Borderlands.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #42422 on: March 13, 2011, 12:08:22 am »

Science Olympiad. So much damn work, so much fun. Four friends and I started an initiative to cover every event we could, and not many people complied. The five of us averaged 5 events throughout the 6-hour competition, with each event taking 50 minutes. I sprinted across the entire campus of the host college dozens of times, but in the end we made it through alive. So alive that we qualified for the State level competition. My team hasn't done so in more than a decade, and I'm proud to say that I led the team in points-scoring. I got...

1st place in Technical Problem Solving - This is actually an event I won last year, making me the first person to win this one more than one year in a row. It consists of rapidly doing 5 experiments as quickly and accurately as possible. Thirty minutes, 100% accuracy. Easiest of the day.

1st place in Dynamic Planet - Oh hot damn this one's my favorite. I got second in this last year, but they changed the theme from 'geology' to 'water'. The event sheet recommended that you bring 6-7 pages of notes, a graphing calculator, and three partners to help do the test. I heard about the event halfway through my lunch break and volunteered just so that our team wouldn't completely forfeit it. I walked in alone with no paper, no calculator, and no idea what the theme was. I walked out with a gold medal.

2nd place in Sounds of Music - A friend of mine that was actually signed up for this one had to drop out at the last minute, and yesterday I was tasked with replacing him. In 24 hours I created a perfectly tuned PVC-gutter xylophone that could play an entire G major scale. I learned both pieces of music ten minutes before the competition, and ended up losing only to the team that spent $250 on buying fancy wood blocks to use for their percussion instrument.

5th in Ornithology - I volunteered for this one just so that we could get the score for last place instead of the score for forfeiture. I didn't even have a field guide, but I did so well (alone) on the anatomy section that I actually beat three full teams that had field guides. No medal, but points nonetheless.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42423 on: March 13, 2011, 12:09:35 am »

Science Olympiad. So much damn work, so much fun. Four friends and I started an initiative to cover every event we could, and not many people complied. The five of us averaged 5 events throughout the 6-hour competition, with each event taking 50 minutes. I sprinted across the entire campus of the host college dozens of times, but in the end we made it through alive. So alive that we qualified for the State level competition. My team hasn't done so in more than a decade, and I'm proud to say that I led the team in points-scoring. I got...

1st place in Technical Problem Solving - This is actually an event I won last year, making me the first person to win this one more than one year in a row. It consists of rapidly doing 5 experiments as quickly and accurately as possible. Thirty minutes, 100% accuracy. Easiest of the day.

1st place in Dynamic Planet - Oh hot damn this one's my favorite. I got second in this last year, but they changed the theme from 'geology' to 'water'. The event sheet recommended that you bring 6-7 pages of notes, a graphing calculator, and three partners to help do the test. I heard about the event halfway through my lunch break and volunteered just so that our team wouldn't completely forfeit it. I walked in alone with no paper, no calculator, and no idea what the theme was. I walked out with a gold medal.

2nd place in Sounds of Music - A friend of mine that was actually signed up for this one had to drop out at the last minute, and yesterday I was tasked with replacing him. In 24 hours I created a perfectly tuned PVC-gutter xylophone that could play an entire G major scale. I learned both pieces of music ten minutes before the competition, and ended up losing only to the team that spent $250 on buying fancy wood blocks to use for their percussion instrument.

5th in Ornithology - I volunteered for this one just so that we could get the score for last place instead of the score for forfeiture. I didn't even have a field guide, but I did so well (alone) on the anatomy section that I actually beat three full teams that had field guides. No medal, but points nonetheless.

Hot damn. Well done, ser.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42424 on: March 13, 2011, 12:12:10 am »

*sigh*
stuff i missed my chance at in high school.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42425 on: March 13, 2011, 12:13:09 am »

Science Olympiad. So much damn work, so much fun.

Congrats Barbarosa! I remember back when I did Science Olympiad... we were the first team ever from my school, and we busted our butts trying to cover as many events as possible much the same way. Enjoy states; it's a different playing field, but definitely a lot of fun!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42426 on: March 13, 2011, 12:23:04 am »

Ok you know thats a reason why i stay away from chicks at parties.
I find it more extreme at Bar Mitzvah parties. It's like the more horrid and disrespectful it would be for them to dress like a slut, the more the limit is pushed. Some of us appreciate their efforts. :D

Fucking hell. That is incredible. But hot damn. You got TWO first places, SOLO, one completely out of nowhere, 2nd in one build competition in 24 hours, and 5th in ornithology. Fucking birds, man. Fucking birds.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Shoes...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42429 on: March 13, 2011, 12:37:39 am »

Cthulhu's post made me happy today.

Also, my sister made burgers that must have been made with crack or something; I can't get enough of that shit.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42430 on: March 13, 2011, 12:50:32 am »

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42431 on: March 13, 2011, 12:51:14 am »

ppownd RkEk.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42433 on: March 13, 2011, 01:25:40 am »

Pizza.
Homemade this time.
With garlic in it.
No asiago, though. :I

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42434 on: March 13, 2011, 01:28:33 am »

New/Old avatar, new signature, I'm ready to greet the beginning (or end?) of daylight savings.
Pages: 1 ... 2827 2828 [2829] 2830 2831 ... 13327