Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2452 2453 [2454] 2455 2456 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15802331 times)

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #36795 on: January 25, 2011, 05:00:22 am »

I'm happy becausing I'm reading a book about how to survive a zombie apocalypse, playing Dwarf Fortress and discussing stuff on these boards all at the same time.

Life is good.  :)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #36796 on: January 25, 2011, 06:05:25 am »

I'm so fucking happy that I pulled my cat from behind my computer. When I had grabbed her she started peeing and when I was able to see under the desk, she had started peeing a second after I started pulling her from under there. But still, RAAAAEEEG.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #36797 on: January 25, 2011, 06:08:06 am »

Listening to OST's of anime/games amke the day go so fast, not to mention the Strike Witches music always makes me happy X3

I'm so fucking happy that I pulled my cat from behind my computer. When I had grabbed her she started peeing and when I was able to see under the desk, she had started peeing a second after I started pulling her from under there. But still, RAAAAEEEG.

Damn! I've lived with two cats and niether have done anything like that, the whole peeing every where.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36798 on: January 25, 2011, 07:04:11 am »

My MoThErFuCkIn CaTs PeE iN tHe mOtHeRfUcKiN lItTeR bOx

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36799 on: January 25, 2011, 07:11:05 am »

And then, everyone died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aw dammit.  I bet you started in Madagascar didn't you?

As a matter of fact, I started in New Zealand.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36800 on: January 25, 2011, 07:40:05 am »

I saw this awhile ago, but might as well share it.  Drawing tips from the guy that does Lackadaisy.  Sure all his references are from anthropomorphic cats, but still.  Look at all those faces man.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36801 on: January 25, 2011, 08:01:52 am »

And then, everyone died.

See, this is why games like that freak me out. It all feels so detached and yet so personal. Without the game showing me how the people I killed died, my imagination assumes the worst, fueled by the horrific pandemic symptoms. Even worse, I can easily imagine it happening to friends and family, my worst nightmare. Same reason I don't play DEFCON anymore. Also it got boring, but I digress.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36803 on: January 25, 2011, 08:10:27 am »

And then, everyone died.

See, this is why games like that freak me out. It all feels so detached and yet so personal. Without the game showing me how the people I killed died, my imagination assumes the worst, fueled by the horrific pandemic symptoms. Even worse, I can easily imagine it happening to friends and family, my worst nightmare. Same reason I don't play DEFCON anymore. Also it got boring, but I digress.

If it helps, I started the game as a bacterial strain, causing sneezing and fever. I went about spreading by every available means (airborne, waterborne, etc.) and waited. Then I added heat and cold resistance. And waited. Then I maxed out my drug resistance. And waited. Until I infected everyone on the planet. Then, I turned off all of my symptoms, gave it about a week, and turned on Ataxia, Dementia, and Hypersensitivity.

...that...that's not helping, is it?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36804 on: January 25, 2011, 08:19:42 am »

Getting Madagascar infected is pure luck, there is no strategy.  I figured rodents and insects were a good bet, since they travel by ship, but no dice.  As soon as any one territory, namely your starting territory, is more than half infected, the walls go up around the world.  If anything, the trick is to spread around the world, while reproducing as slowly as possible.  That's why I go with parasites with no symptoms.

When it is time for symptoms, which is to say when every place that can be infected is so, I like to pile on the mental effects.  Nice apocalyptic feeling.

If it helps any, you'll notice that every continental section is home to like three billion people, growing by hundreds every hour.  You're doing the world a service.  A messy, hemorrhaging service, but all the same.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #36805 on: January 25, 2011, 08:21:29 am »

If it helps any, you'll notice that every continental section is home to like three billion people, growing by hundreds every hour.  You're doing the world a service.  A messy, hemorrhaging service, but all the same.

That's dark but strangly funny in my mind...

I've got to give this game another go.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36806 on: January 25, 2011, 08:28:29 am »

I just grinned when an infected ship arrived at Madagascar a tick before their closed their shipyards.

*now just waits until everyone dies from kidney failure, fever, vomiting, pulmonary edema and cough*

PS: And, of course, the Invulnerable Hospital of Greenland is STILL OPEN :P
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:31:56 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36807 on: January 25, 2011, 08:38:18 am »

Hey Jack, I imagine you found this haunting as well.

Almost fifteen years ago, I got my NEC computer, which included a bunch of old arcade games for freebies.  Centipede, Tempest... Missile Command.  The included manual had that exact interview and quotes (probably the only real interview the guy gave or something).  I was inspired by the game to draw big MSPaint tableaus of futuristic warfare, in a frightening similarity to an analogue Cortex Command.  Probably why I like the game so much.

I saw this awhile ago, but might as well share it.  Drawing tips from the guy that does Lackadaisy.  Sure all his references are from anthropomorphic cats, but still.  Look at all those faces man.

This on the other hand just depressed me.  I'm never going to sketch again, and checking the site for the first time in like half a year, and there's exactly three new pages.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36808 on: January 25, 2011, 09:28:08 am »

I've recently had my interest kindled in a girl. She's pretty, as smart as me, and she treats me with a kind of condescension which is very refreshing... and Very interesting.

I managed to make her laugh for about an hour and a half when I told her how much I like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Unfortunately my new nickname is 'pony boy'. But, I'm working around it. Point is, it's amusing.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36809 on: January 25, 2011, 09:55:31 am »

I Found a Shop that had Salt n vinegar crisps Today. This is the Best Day of the Year! *nom*
Pages: 1 ... 2452 2453 [2454] 2455 2456 ... 13325