Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2327 2328 [2329] 2330 2331 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15833452 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #34920 on: January 11, 2011, 09:07:45 pm »

YES! Kamina was the ridiculously manly person.
That show is an uphill battle of one-upmanship of badassery and manliness. The second 'season' is the only time it goes down a bit, but after it climbs exponentially higher than ever before.
That is an understatement. Especially in the OVAs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34921 on: January 11, 2011, 09:24:15 pm »

I just found a copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, at a used video game store, for $30.

The fools had no idea what they had.

THE FOOLS!!!111
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34922 on: January 11, 2011, 09:30:32 pm »

Onions for 29 cents a pound.

Thank goodness.

Today I bought: 1 pound organic carrots (99 cents), 1 bunch organic bananas (99 cents per pound), 1 large organic squash (1.29 per pound), 6 free-range vegetarian-fed eggs (about 1.50)

Total cost: 7.50

My total food costs, in organic food, per week, is something like $15 total.  Wow.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34923 on: January 11, 2011, 09:46:32 pm »

*jaw drop*

Where?  That's a lot cheaper than the organic section at my supermarket--and before you say anything, the farmer's markets around here are often MORE expensive...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34924 on: January 11, 2011, 09:47:26 pm »

That's cheaper than our crap processed-to-hell weekly shop!
*Hugs*

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34925 on: January 11, 2011, 09:47:33 pm »

Onions for 29 cents a pound.

Thank goodness.

Today I bought: 1 pound organic carrots (99 cents), 1 bunch organic bananas (99 cents per pound), 1 large organic squash (1.29 per pound), 6 free-range vegetarian-fed eggs (about 1.50)

Total cost: 7.50

My total food costs, in organic food, per week, is something like $15 total.  Wow.
Go you! Badassery in the economy at it's finest.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34926 on: January 11, 2011, 09:49:46 pm »

I prefer Organic Food, and by organic I mean filled with organs.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34927 on: January 11, 2011, 09:52:31 pm »

*jaw drop*

Where?  That's a lot cheaper than the organic section at my supermarket--and before you say anything, the farmer's markets around here are often MORE expensive...

It's a little grocery store in Berkeley--and 15 minutes' walking distance from my house.

At the farmer's market, you can buy two pounds of beets and a big head of cauliflower for 5 dollars, all organic.

No, I am not even kidding.  Vector is a massive cheapo.

(It helps a lot that I basically don't use butter, milk, cheese, or meat, and a lot of what I eat is basically rice, potato, or egg with stuff in it)

Also, I may be teaching English in Europe two summers from this one.  Thank you, high school tutoring jobs and language professors who love me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34928 on: January 11, 2011, 10:24:32 pm »

Also, I may be teaching English in Europe two summers from this one.  Thank you, high school tutoring jobs and language professors who love me.
Are you planning on going into teaching English now, or is it just for fun? Either way, good on you. It definitely sounds like a good time. I've been considering going to Japan this summer with some friends, but it's incredibly expensive and you have to know more Japanese than I do currently. Maybe by the end of the year
I'll qualify, it'd be nice to see the world.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34929 on: January 11, 2011, 10:55:36 pm »

No, but I think having some more job/language/living-on-one's-own experience would be really good for me, and my current dream is to do mathematics in Europe once I've gotten my PhD.

I figure that if everyone here thinks I'm from Europe (or half-Chinese/Arab), and everyone over there thought I was from Europe the one time I went, maybe I should just give up and move to Europe.

That, and I think that living in one country my entire life would make me very sad.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34930 on: January 11, 2011, 10:59:21 pm »

Move to Ireland.
It's a lovely place if you can avoid getting blown up.
*Hugs*

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34931 on: January 11, 2011, 11:00:21 pm »

I've heard the same about Iraq.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34932 on: January 11, 2011, 11:02:57 pm »

Apparently, emotionally distressed people are very good at role-playing. And when you mix a screwed up past person with a screwed up mindset of the world person (me). You get some very weird fast changing stuff. It changed from adorable chasing around to everybody committing suicide within 5 minutes of RPing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34933 on: January 11, 2011, 11:03:50 pm »

I'm actually hoping for 2 years Germany, 2 years England, 2 years France, 2 years Italy, and maybe a while in Russia if I can get there (ahahaha, like they'd really let me do this).  I'm not interested in permanent relocation so much as working for a while in a number of different places.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34934 on: January 11, 2011, 11:06:41 pm »

Aye. But where do you want to go? Somewhere with people running around lobbing firebombs and shouting in a strange language... or Iraq?
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 2327 2328 [2329] 2330 2331 ... 13326