Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2320 2321 [2322] 2323 2324 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15835385 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #34815 on: January 10, 2011, 05:42:25 pm »

'S torso sized, and that's all the info yer getting. A lady doesn't kiss and tell ;3.
So is this exclusive OR or is it the NOR rule?
A lady doesn't kiss and tell ;3.
And yet the girls in my school constantly gloat about this...
Then they're hardly ladies.

The reason I hate RL, people are boring, harsh and sometimes downright stupid.
Seconded.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34816 on: January 10, 2011, 05:44:21 pm »

People are harsh/boring/stupid everywhere, including online. It's not as if the people on the Internet don't exist in real life. The difference is that, on the Internet, you probably don't notice the people you wouldn't like because it's easier to be extremely selectively and exclusive when it comes to who you associate with and spend time with, whereas in "real life" you don't get to pick and choose so much. In other words, I think the problem stems from a lack of ability to deal with people who are dissimilar to you, rather than anything inherently wrong with anyone involved.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34817 on: January 10, 2011, 05:46:28 pm »

I just don't like people in general. I find it much easier to get on with people online because, should it ever be necessary, I can simply cease to exist. Something which carries quite a bit more weight in real life.
*Hugs*

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #34818 on: January 10, 2011, 05:50:00 pm »

People are harsh/boring/stupid everywhere, including online. It's not as if the people on the Internet don't exist in real life. The difference is that, on the Internet, you probably don't notice the people you wouldn't like because it's easier to be extremely selectively and exclusive when it comes to who you associate with and spend time with, whereas in "real life" you don't get to pick and choose so much. In other words, I think the problem stems from a lack of ability to deal with people who are dissimilar to you, rather than anything inherently wrong with anyone involved.

I find that, personaly, I get on a lot better with people online and that means everywhere I go including more publice places than this as the point you raise about ceartain crwods is correct. I think it's more to do with the 'cyber screen' that makes people be who they want in stead of who they are so they act a little cooler and more chilled. Obviously you get people who do the opposite and just act like pricks but hey, some good some bad.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34819 on: January 10, 2011, 05:51:29 pm »

Browsing around the web, looking at the various things about warhammer 40,000 when I came up with my first Wild Mass Guess.

I also think I know who the G-Man from Half Life is.

Yes, those two are related
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34820 on: January 10, 2011, 05:58:34 pm »

Pork chops today. Yes I'm gonna eat them. Nom.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34821 on: January 10, 2011, 06:01:10 pm »

:O
Rice Balls!! ^_^
*Hugs*

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #34822 on: January 10, 2011, 06:04:50 pm »

Simple Ramen for me, managed to find a recipe eventually and damn is proper eastern food tasty ^_^
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34823 on: January 10, 2011, 07:13:44 pm »

Rachel Ray's Late Night Bacon recipe, specifically the comments.

Quote from: MrTopHat, November 21, 2010
Well, I was hosting a late-night get together and there were a large number of people coming (over 100 and I didn't have time to microwave each batch. So I used a whole hog, and a regular towel. It wouldn’t fit in the microwave so I just used my dryer (which is on the second floor at the top of our stairs. I set it to high and put it on for 4 hours and push start. The party starts a couple hours later, and I go into the house to check on the pig, and my dryer is shaking violently. I run up stairs and open it, and this massive spinning, flaming hog barrels down the stairs and kills 2 people. However, it was cooked perfectly, would try again!
Pros: Very tasty!
Cons: im going to jail

Paula Dean's English Peas are a close second.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34824 on: January 10, 2011, 07:21:22 pm »

I am totally writing that 120 Days of Saddam thing.  I'm just going to have to do some alternate historifying if I want to actually make it 120 days.
Shoes...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34825 on: January 10, 2011, 07:25:20 pm »

Check out literally anything on Food Network by Sandra Lee. It's even more hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQKu3PcgYrU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we2iWTJqo98

As someone who's made homemade food at least once in my life, this is so goddamn ridiculous.

Oh, and this is pretty great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLMNZ6xY6YY

Here's one of her "recipes": http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/sensuous-chocolate-truffles-recipe/index.html
Chocolate truffles, which, in her world, literally means "canned chocolate frosting on a platter, dusted with sugar and with extra vanilla and cocoa in it".
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34826 on: January 10, 2011, 07:46:49 pm »

Simple Ramen for me, managed to find a recipe eventually and damn is proper eastern food tasty ^_^
hell i can teach you how to make all of the crazy asian foods everyone loves, sushi is not hard but a bitch to prepare, soba noodles kick ass, and i know how to cook snake.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34827 on: January 10, 2011, 07:51:10 pm »

A few weeks ago my mother showed me a trick on how to microwave an egg in a cup to grant you a decent cooked egg for breakfast, opening up a whole new world of quick breakfast solutions. Melt some American cheese on that sucker and lay down some ham and you have the best damn breakfast ever. And it takes like a minute to prepare.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34828 on: January 10, 2011, 08:01:43 pm »

Rachel Ray's Late Night Bacon recipe, specifically the comments.
I wonder, does she know that at least 2/3s of those are trolls? More importantly, would it be more funny if she did, or if she didn't?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34829 on: January 10, 2011, 08:04:02 pm »

There are a lot of weird, obvious recipes like that on the Food Network website. My assumption is that they aren't written up by the chefs themselves, but are probably approved by them.
Pages: 1 ... 2320 2321 [2322] 2323 2324 ... 13326