Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2191 2192 [2193] 2194 2195 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15848141 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #32880 on: December 27, 2010, 01:10:28 am »

Whatever it is, don't even touch it.  Any money you spend on a computer with integrated-graphics is money wasted.
Couldn't he just add a graphics card?

Between the AMD processor and the integrated-graphics, I'm willing to bet the motherboard the computer is built around doesn't have a graphics card slot to put one in.  I've had computers like that; when they say "integrated" they mean integrated and only integrated.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32881 on: December 27, 2010, 01:11:47 am »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32882 on: December 27, 2010, 01:15:06 am »

Re Realmfighter: The $ goes before the number! Stupid Europe.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32883 on: December 27, 2010, 01:15:18 am »

I keep having math dreams.  The night before Christmas, I dreamed about the power set and various bijections/isomorphisms thereof.  On Christmas night, I dreamed about receiving an email from my favorite professor, in which he encouraged me to keep working.

Also, I have my dead grandfather's wool hat, which is comforting.  It's kind of lumpy but I like owning and wearing things of his.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32884 on: December 27, 2010, 01:19:13 am »

Any both of the computers have the same motherboard, and I'm not about to go off and try to find a decent computer for a reasonable price myself.

Because I would fail.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32885 on: December 27, 2010, 01:19:30 am »

That would make me happy too...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32886 on: December 27, 2010, 01:20:03 am »

Motherboard in question
That has a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot, so you should be fine for a gfx card.

Whether the power supply can handle one is another matter entirely, but I'm really bad at judging the power consumption of a rig, so I can't help there.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32887 on: December 27, 2010, 01:25:08 am »

Eh, the card integrated into that is unimaginably better then the one I have now, so I would be good with that.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32888 on: December 27, 2010, 01:29:41 am »

I keep having math dreams.
During particularly busy weeks of learning, sometimes I have education-related dreams to. Most recently I got one from Western Civilizations 111, wherein I was traveling around central Asia with Genghis Khan to go see Charlemagne about this whole Holy Roman Empire thing.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32889 on: December 27, 2010, 01:34:17 am »

Good luck! I believe in you, and I think that after this pep talk, Sowelu!

That pun will aid you if you believe!

That...was terrible.  :D

Also, "The Void" made me happy.  It's like a goth/noir Okami.  With resource management and tons of female nudity.  With, uh, lots and lots of impressive modeling detail.  The one and only thing that could make that game better is if it actually had lipsyncing.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #32890 on: December 27, 2010, 01:39:00 am »

Any both of the computers have the same motherboard, and I'm not about to go off and try to find a decent computer for a reasonable price myself.

Because I would fail.
Building a computer for yourself gets you the best deal by far. It doesn't take very much skill when actually putting it together, just being careful of static and plugging things in. And not dropping things, especially screws. Buying the actual parts is rather difficult, but only because it can be hard to get the best for what money you spend. Almost every modern motherboard out there will have enough slots for whatever you need. Power supplies are generally fine at whatever is recommended for the graphics card you get. Anything huge is just unneeded.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32891 on: December 27, 2010, 01:52:23 am »

Also, "The Void" made me happy.  It's like a goth/noir Okami.  With resource management and tons of female nudity.  With, uh, lots and lots of impressive modeling detail.  The one and only thing that could make that game better is if it actually had lipsyncing.

Have it on my Steam game list, downloading now.

Eleven hours. Really.

I just know it won't even start.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:54:13 am by Realmfighter »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32892 on: December 27, 2010, 01:55:48 am »

Good news! It does have lipsyncing! Just not...in....english....

It still counts, I say!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32893 on: December 27, 2010, 02:18:59 am »

I keep having math dreams.

I woke up from one myself to day.  It had something to do with figuring out how many hours were in a month or something, and apparently months had forty days.  Trying to do basic arithmetic while asleep was trying enough to make me realize I was asleep.  I didn't actually wake up though, the dream characters just realized how fruitless it was and dropped the subject.  A rare example of third-person perspective in my dreams that time, it was pretty cool.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32894 on: December 27, 2010, 02:20:03 am »

Movie Marathon.
Magnolia, Boogie Nights, and Requiem for a Dream.
So amazing.
Should've saved Boogie Nights for last though, now I can't sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 2191 2192 [2193] 2194 2195 ... 13326