Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2112 2113 [2114] 2115 2116 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15845967 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #31695 on: December 14, 2010, 05:30:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let us go on a magical journey

It's a very Steppenwolf Christmas.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #31696 on: December 14, 2010, 05:31:57 pm »

How do I keep getting dragged back to this place when I set aside time off? What is it about this place? It's not like I even have anything interesting to say.
Because you like talking to people that you sort-of-know, just like everyone else? I like talking to people, anyway.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31697 on: December 14, 2010, 05:33:47 pm »

That'd be it, I guess. I like to hear people speak, as well. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I only usually go into political threads to see what Aqizzar has to say, because he always says it so incredibly well.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31698 on: December 14, 2010, 05:35:08 pm »

Yay for Humble Indie Bundle!
feel kinda bad for only having $5 left in my Paypal account, but its close to the Windows average apparently.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31699 on: December 14, 2010, 05:35:34 pm »

Is that... is that what the Model UN is like? Some sort of psychotic doomsday LARP?

That kicks ass, why didn't I hear about this sooner?
The Crisis Committees are the Psychotic Doomsday LARPs.
Otherwise, it's the debate team meets LARP, because you have to represent your country's interests in whatever the topic is.

Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31700 on: December 14, 2010, 05:35:56 pm »

That'd be it, I guess. I like to hear people speak, as well. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I only usually go into political threads to see what Aqizzar has to say, because he always says it so incredibly well.

Thanks dude.  Honestly though, if you figure it out, let me know.  I don't have a problem with having bay12forums tabbed open all the time, I just think I've gotten a little too reflexive about refreshing pages and stuff.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31701 on: December 14, 2010, 05:39:40 pm »

I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I only usually go into political threads to see what Aqizzar has to say, because he always says it so incredibly well.
Hey buddy, we be singing in the same camp here. And the shame stems from the knowledge that he doesn't appreciate being apotheosized all the time, even though we do legitimately enjoy his attitude towards things.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31702 on: December 14, 2010, 05:41:14 pm »

I will look into the matter.

Is that... is that what the Model UN is like? Some sort of psychotic doomsday LARP?

That kicks ass, why didn't I hear about this sooner?
The Crisis Committees are the Psychotic Doomsday LARPs.
Otherwise, it's the debate team meets LARP, because you have to represent your country's interests in whatever the topic is.
That actually does sound super awesome, if only because it'd be fun to actually be knowledgeable about a country's policies and how everything works, and then acting like it. The only problem would be, presumably, the teachers or whatever moderating.

Maybe this could be a new breed of LARP, political LLARPing. This requires further contemplation, I think.

e: the extra L is for laissez-faire.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 05:44:23 pm by Jackrabbit »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31703 on: December 14, 2010, 05:41:16 pm »

Just to rustle the bushes I'm going to say I avoid political threads because I don't see any significance in arguing about anything over the INTERNET.  Might as well be productive if that's possible.

This counts for everything and everyplace too.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #31704 on: December 14, 2010, 05:43:57 pm »

Half the fun of the internet is arguing the toss about stuff without massive consiquences. Thats what I find anyway...
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31705 on: December 14, 2010, 05:44:59 pm »

No thanks, my f5 is worn out as is.

I did have the passing thought of changing my username to Toony 3.0 though.

Because I'm one better.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31706 on: December 14, 2010, 05:45:57 pm »

I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I only usually go into political threads to see what Aqizzar has to say, because he always says it so incredibly well.
Hey buddy, we be singing in the same camp here. And the shame stems from the knowledge that he doesn't appreciate being apotheosized all the time, even though we do legitimately enjoy his attitude towards things.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy praise as much as the next guy.  I just start to feel pressured when people get weird about it.

Just to rustle the bushes I'm going to say I avoid political threads because I don't see any significance in arguing about anything over the INTERNET.  Might as well be productive if that's possible.

This counts for everything and everyplace too.
My attitude is, unless you're actually sitting in a legislature, there is no such thing as a productive discussion of politics.  If you mean productive in terms of Internet arguments, I think it works fine, because you never know what somebody might learn.  Much more importantly, its entertaining and yeah, consequence free (except for the bannings).  That's why I do it anyway.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31707 on: December 14, 2010, 06:01:13 pm »

Hey, my school's hosting a MUN thingy in a little while.  It should be... interesting.

I remember at our last conference we ended up voting to assassinate all of North Korea's officials, starting with their delegates so they "couldn't talk".  It was... an interesting session.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31708 on: December 14, 2010, 06:32:22 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4IjHz2yIo

And this is why Vladamir Putin is one of the best world leaders ever.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31709 on: December 14, 2010, 06:36:09 pm »

I'm feeling a lot better, and I found some cute textbooks online for pretty cheap.  Where by "cute" I mean "the entirety of Bourbaki in paperback."

I may have to invest in these soon.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2112 2113 [2114] 2115 2116 ... 13326