Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15845896 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #27420 on: November 13, 2010, 12:34:13 am »

That is truly inspirational in a weird as hell way.

See what I did there
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27421 on: November 13, 2010, 12:38:05 am »

I like that. :)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27422 on: November 13, 2010, 01:02:31 am »

I love some of those Subnormality comics.

Anyway, I just had a moment of badass in Adventure Mode. Not only did I manage to wipe out a small bandit camp with an axeman without having to resort to tossing millions of rocks, although I did use the head of my first kill as well as an arrow I pulled out of my leg to take out my primary target (archer), but I managed to dodge the guy enough to beat the crap out of him and lop off his firing arm before finishing him.

But that's not my badass moment. I went to a nearby camp (also assigned), and in an open field (unfortunately), I got shot in the liver with an arrow by, you guessed it, another PT archer. In a flash, I took the arrow out of my liver, and threw it back at the archer who shot at me, and got him in the leg. Mind you, I put no training in throwing either, and I got the guy from 5 tiles away, while being shot at.
Battle hasn't finished yet, but I'm almost in range to demolish the guy before taking on his comrades.

UPDATE:
Well, that was a hell of a battle, I used the same arrow I pulled out of me, which he pulled out himself, and drove the same arrow back into the same wound (via throw), and despite having a mortal wound (thanks to another arrow; I'm having a hard time breathing right now), I managed to win the archer's head. Let's see if I can kill off his comrades before I collapse. At least I'm in standard pain. I'm cut up, but nothing's missing or drained yet. My guy is badass. He might just shrug it off and scare off the rest. Especially since I'll introduce myself using their leader's head as a sock puppet as my greeting.

For some reason, the first episode of Frisky Dingo comes to mind at that thought. Look 43 seconds in.

UPDATE UPDATE:
Struck down one of the comrades, and lost the other. I managed to get home to report my kill, and my lung went from wounded and cut to a mere bruise scar (breathing has recovered through the day of traveling). Hell yeah! Onward with a small team now! The guy that assigned me the task was surprised I hit 2 birds with one stone on my quest.

EDIT:
Got me a small squad of 3 peasants now, and I'm off to take on more targets with my designated meatshields. Lost 1 of my guys in a goblin brawl (main guy); I avenged his death, and my other 2 are pretty banged up after a bowgoblin got them a bit. Fortunately it was too distracted to see me coming to lop it's head off. Heading to my next target immediately northward with my battered crew.

EDIT EDIT:
Speaking of battered crew, they got used to the pain, and I witnessed them just shred an axeman apart. I barely have to finish the poor guy off. ...Time passes, and lo, I have lost my 3 peasants. They fought well and died hard. I have avenged them, and I return with news of their bravery and of the vengeance delivered unto their killers.

Well 4 major kills, 12 total, and 3 lost. I'm calling it a night.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 02:31:30 am by Itnetlolor »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27423 on: November 13, 2010, 02:37:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27424 on: November 13, 2010, 02:40:24 am »

Grargh, now I want to play that game even more...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27425 on: November 13, 2010, 02:42:02 am »

Never seen that lady before.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27426 on: November 13, 2010, 02:46:12 am »

I didn't know your store could get that huge.  Man, when does that happen?  I can never get past that $200,000-bill week.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #27427 on: November 13, 2010, 02:55:18 am »

It's such an obvious shop since it's not canon friendly.

Erin doesn't make the sale herself, she makes Reisen do that. :P
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27429 on: November 13, 2010, 04:08:11 am »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27430 on: November 13, 2010, 04:18:58 am »

I got stuck on the last week... did a loss-free playthrough on hard for my first try (I wanted it to be really tough, and it delivered). Made it all the way to the last payment, but I can't make it no matter what I do! My shop is also uber-tiny (which, though oxymoronical, is accurate). I wonder if there's more after the end of the first month, because there's so much I have yet to do in that game.

Anywho, been saving my favorite screencaps until they were relevant...

I really loved some of the dialogue. Good stuff!

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #27431 on: November 13, 2010, 04:28:28 am »

Spoiler: Big Honking Image (click to show/hide)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27432 on: November 13, 2010, 09:38:49 am »

You can aim.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27433 on: November 13, 2010, 10:17:23 am »

You can aim.
Sort of.
The lack of accuracy and things always being deflected restricts you after a while. At first I was using the aim menu all the time, then I just normal attacked and occasionally used Aim.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27434 on: November 13, 2010, 11:17:46 am »

All I can say on aiming is I must have rolled a -6 on cutting my nails today.
Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 ... 13326