Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1609 1610 [1611] 1612 1613 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795337 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #24150 on: October 15, 2010, 11:17:20 pm »

Whydoesn'tanyoneincludeEmaillinksinmessages@Example.com

Oh yeah, because Outlook Express is terrible.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24151 on: October 15, 2010, 11:17:58 pm »

You can't leave an edit thing under your post.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24152 on: October 15, 2010, 11:18:30 pm »

I just created the smoothest, most perfect hovercraft in Gmod I could ever hope to have.

It flies like a dream.

If it uses hoverballs, I will chase you down with the TOAST Industries Thrusterpod Floater.
Fuck no, All thrust is applied by wire thrusters, the vehicle features two tier stabilization, strafing, and a 'boost' function which gives it a little additional upward thrust, although it is largely unnoticeable.
 I've uploaded it to Mediafire, for all to enjoy.(because Garrysmod.org are idiots for considering my zip full of 'useless files')
You'll need PHX(yeah, even older ones will work probably), Wire, and Adv Duplicator.
http://www.mediafire.com/?m146z2d96i683l1

Spoiler: pics (click to show/hide)

Cool story hovercraft bro.
Thrusterpods are still cooler.

You can't leave an edit thing under your post.

What?
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24154 on: October 15, 2010, 11:39:25 pm »

Dammit! Now I wanna go on an adventure!
...you're right. The game was terrible, but FF never fails to come through with the music. That song just screams ADVENTURE!!!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #24155 on: October 15, 2010, 11:43:57 pm »

Getting a long leather jacket. The bloke selling it to me just has to replace a cuff that some 'tard damaged checking if it was real leather (it is), but I'll have it in two weeks. Just in tame to have it for summer. A long leather jacket. In summer.

Not the best timing, perhaps, but it's 350 bucks.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24156 on: October 15, 2010, 11:48:18 pm »

...you're right. The game was terrible, but FF never fails to come through with the music. That song just screams ADVENTURE!!!
Not to white knight FFXII, but I think the best way the game was supposed to be enjoyed was like I said in the DF Adv. Mode music thread that it's more a game to be enjoyed via immersion, with the main story as a bonus feature. I mean, I had more fun adventuring when playing the game, than playing the main story. Heck, I even kept my levels low so I could enjoy every hunt posted, rare game, and boss battle without making them too easy; even with the Zodiac Spear and such.

Anyway, the immersion of the game was what won me over with it and is up there with 4 and 6 as fun. I mean, after killing enough beasts, and defeating espers and such, the history, my God, the amount of history they crammed into it. I liked how they actually styled the whole game with the details as it's main backdrop than the story. I'll agree, the story wasn't much, but the hunting, music, and backstory of everything as you play/grind through was definitely worth a playthrough. I have to agee with Tropes when they state that the game was more made for art if anything. Probably why the story seemed a bit lacking.

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24157 on: October 15, 2010, 11:51:47 pm »

Okay then, let's see. I determined I have almost exactly 39 minutes of music just from arrangements of Old World I can see myself using in an RP in the far future, I'm very close to getting a profile fully acceptable for an RP that will be starting soon, got a new arrangement of Cosmic Mind from earlier in the thread, and once again confirmed that the lower forums are mildly silly. Which just makes me feel better, apparently.

And I made myself actually post something for once! \o/

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24158 on: October 15, 2010, 11:57:15 pm »

Whydoesn'tanyoneincludeEmaillinksinmessages@Example.com

Oh yeah, because Outlook Express is terrible.

Clicking that opens up my Gmail.

Meanwhile, before the world ends, I want to get a nice, practically indestructible mp3 player and a solar charger.
Also, some great headphones that can be worn around the neck.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24159 on: October 16, 2010, 12:02:42 am »

The world isn't ending for another 2 years, you have time.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24160 on: October 16, 2010, 12:18:03 am »

Not to white knight FFXII, but I think the best way the game was supposed to be enjoyed was like I said in the DF Adv. Mode music thread that it's more a game to be enjoyed via immersion, with the main story as a bonus feature. I mean, I had more fun adventuring when playing the game, than playing the main story. Heck, I even kept my levels low so I could enjoy every hunt posted, rare game, and boss battle without making them too easy; even with the Zodiac Spear and such.

Anyway, the immersion of the game was what won me over with it and is up there with 4 and 6 as fun. I mean, after killing enough beasts, and defeating espers and such, the history, my God, the amount of history they crammed into it. I liked how they actually styled the whole game with the details as it's main backdrop than the story. I'll agree, the story wasn't much, but the hunting, music, and backstory of everything as you play/grind through was definitely worth a playthrough. I have to agee with Tropes when they state that the game was more made for art if anything. Probably why the story seemed a bit lacking.
My main problem with FF12 was the battle system. I couldn't stand it just watching my characters fight for me. I want turn based strategy... not pseudo-real-time hacking. I could forgive Vann's existence(A main character with NO relevance to ANYTHING? Why Square, why?) if I could have actually had fun fighting things.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24161 on: October 16, 2010, 12:43:06 am »

Meanwhile, before the world ends, I want to get a nice, practically indestructible mp3 player and a solar charger.
Also, some great headphones that can be worn around the neck.

I have a Phillips GoGear SAX-something. It's been through the wash a couple times, got run over once or twice too. It's lasted six years of being in my pocket with a bunch of leaky pens while I sleep. I doubt anything short of a high-caliber rifle can destroy it. Shitty battery life though, you've got to carry a box of AAAs with you at all times. The other problem is that it outlasts your earbuds. :P
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #24162 on: October 16, 2010, 01:00:54 am »

Yes. Ill be an arsonist.

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24163 on: October 16, 2010, 01:13:02 am »

Just got back from picking my sister up from the airport. she's back from Korea and dead tired. and so are the rest of us.

Gonna finish some things up and hit the sack.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1609 1610 [1611] 1612 1613 ... 13325