Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780621 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #11430 on: June 15, 2010, 01:29:56 pm »

Got my wisdom teeth removed today. They used nitrous oxide before the anesthetic, which was an experience I haven't had before. As I got progressively lightheaded, I got more and more blind, and the colors under the lighted fleshy backdrop of my eyes became more dazzling and intense. My heart started pounding faster and faster, but it could have just been my perception of time moving both faster and slower seeming at the same time. They told me they would say when they would inject the IV, and I said I felt like I was going to pass out, like the nitrous was too much, though it was really hard to say it. I heard the doc tell them to switch to full oxygen, and then for me to breathe as deep as I could. When they said it wasn't working as well as it should, I heard the doc say to raise the chair, and it started lowering. He then chided the assistant saying "No raise it, don't lower it, quick!" and I felt like I had enough sense to raise my head up high and breathe really deep, which seemed to put me back into a stronger sense of ease, and less into panic.

Apparently the operation itself must have went well, but the nitrous was sort of scary, but also really, really awesome-feeling, even though I sort of felt like I was going to die if I passed out.

The vicodin seems to help ease the biting pain (no pun intended), though I don't really feel it is any more necessary than excedrin or something, and it doesn't give off any real feeling of giddiness or contentment, somewhat of a disappointment.

The nitrous oxide is awesome.  It feels like my legs are being pulled through each other, and the texture of everything spins (Like, the object doesn't spin, but any patterns or colors on it spin around the object rapidly)
Shoes...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11431 on: June 15, 2010, 01:37:14 pm »

My lower rightmost tooth grows horizontally in from the cheek. So far, it does neither hurt nor press against the other teeth, though.
It is also awesome, as if someone ever invents tooth-growth pills, I could father a new race of tusk-men.
Love, scriver~

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11432 on: June 15, 2010, 01:38:57 pm »

I'm not sure if I closed my eyes after a while, or if I became blinded from the lowered oxygen, but I did really like the nitrous, and if I didn't have the anticipation of getting teeth cut out, I'd love to do it again. It didn't make me have the urge to laugh, or talk, like many people say, though.

Edit: Apparently I only have three wisdom teeth, and I guess the normal is to have four?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11433 on: June 15, 2010, 01:45:42 pm »

Teeth are weird, for something you need to have they sure do get messed up all the time.

I never got the urge to laugh, but there's a very strong loss of inhibition, so if you see anything funny you probably won't be able to stop laughing.  I also talk on and on about the most inane stuff.
Shoes...

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11434 on: June 15, 2010, 01:52:30 pm »

You don't really need teeth, I have none atm and can eat without any problems...

Though in about a week my false teeth should be getting finished up.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11435 on: June 15, 2010, 01:58:32 pm »

Something tells me it depends on your personality. I'll get talkative while I'm drunk (which is why I now turn off my phone and don't trust myself to firefox anymore), but I'll really creep inside my head if I smoke the good stuff. The laughing gas may be more of a (mild) psychadelic to me than what the effects of alcohol are.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11436 on: June 15, 2010, 02:04:06 pm »

I had a crazy-ass dream last night.

<crazy-ass dream>

That sounds rather awesome. I love awesome dreams with plots. Thanks for sharing!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11437 on: June 15, 2010, 02:31:05 pm »

Some decisions i made, most importantly the one about using this summer as much as i can, also transformer owl which is awesome beyond description.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #11438 on: June 15, 2010, 03:11:40 pm »

I had a crazy-ass dream last night.

<crazy-ass dream>

That sounds rather awesome. I love awesome dreams with plots. Thanks for sharing!
That last half could totally be a plot for a video game or something.

Got my wisdom teeth removed today. They used nitrous oxide before the anesthetic, which was an experience I haven't had before. As I got progressively lightheaded, I got more and more blind, and the colors under the lighted fleshy backdrop of my eyes became more dazzling and intense. My heart started pounding faster and faster, but it could have just been my perception of time moving both faster and slower seeming at the same time. They told me they would say when they would inject the IV, and I said I felt like I was going to pass out, like the nitrous was too much, though it was really hard to say it. I heard the doc tell them to switch to full oxygen, and then for me to breathe as deep as I could. When they said it wasn't working as well as it should, I heard the doc say to raise the chair, and it started lowering. He then chided the assistant saying "No raise it, don't lower it, quick!" and I felt like I had enough sense to raise my head up high and breathe really deep, which seemed to put me back into a stronger sense of ease, and less into panic.

Apparently the operation itself must have went well, but the nitrous was sort of scary, but also really, really awesome-feeling, even though I sort of felt like I was going to die if I passed out.

The vicodin seems to help ease the biting pain (no pun intended), though I don't really feel it is any more necessary than excedrin or something, and it doesn't give off any real feeling of giddiness or contentment, somewhat of a disappointment.

The nitrous oxide is awesome.  It feels like my legs are being pulled through each other, and the texture of everything spins (Like, the object doesn't spin, but any patterns or colors on it spin around the object rapidly)
Hmm, the only oral surgery I've had was my tonsils, and they knocked me out for that.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:15:03 pm by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11439 on: June 15, 2010, 04:36:02 pm »

I burned a CD that is entirely Disney songs. Nostalgia week is awesome.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #11440 on: June 15, 2010, 05:09:58 pm »

Cups of frozen mountain dew. If put in a cup for 2-3 hours, the outside of the mtn dew freezes, leaving a slushy center surrounded by a frozen block of mountain dew. Yum. It works especially well since mtn dew is relatively non-fizzy compared to other drinks, so freezing it doesn't make it taste flat.

Edit: also, the GLaDOS quote at the end of the new portal trailer. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/06/15/for-science-portal-2-the-trailer/
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:26:01 pm by alway »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11441 on: June 15, 2010, 05:36:40 pm »

Just watched the "Hulk vs." movies. Awesome!

I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11442 on: June 15, 2010, 05:45:06 pm »

I am reading web novellas of undetermined sexual persuasion.

I love the internet.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11443 on: June 15, 2010, 06:31:36 pm »

I love the internet.
And the internet loves you. ^_^

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11444 on: June 15, 2010, 06:35:35 pm »

The persuasion of novella has just made itself known.

Oh, God.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 13325