Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15889389 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10650 on: June 05, 2010, 09:05:48 pm »

Toasted cheese and BAKED BEAN SAMMICHES.

THE YES.

Butter the outside, to make it crunchier.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10651 on: June 05, 2010, 09:11:06 pm »

Also, cooking makes me happy now. I was in the whole teenager zone of poptarts for breakfast and pizzas and restaurants all the time, but now I cook actual meals. Delicious foods actually turn out to be cheaper too.

Yes! I grew up with my dad as the chef of the house and learned from him pretty young. So now I'm the guy that hosts big dinners for all my friends and cooks and whatnot. And yeah, it's way cheaper, and if you have some music on, tons of fun. More people should.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: June 05, 2010, 10:18:19 pm »

Also, cooking makes me happy now. I was in the whole teenager zone of poptarts for breakfast and pizzas and restaurants all the time, but now I cook actual meals. Delicious foods actually turn out to be cheaper too.

Yes! I grew up with my dad as the chef of the house and learned from him pretty young. So now I'm the guy that hosts big dinners for all my friends and cooks and whatnot. And yeah, it's way cheaper, and if you have some music on, tons of fun. More people should.
Cooking with/for others had actually not even occurred to me yet. Although really, besides breakfast stuff and some mean pheasant soup, the foods I listed are all I can make well.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10653 on: June 05, 2010, 10:32:20 pm »

I suggest stir-fry as a great stepping stone into being able to make basically anything. You learn about making sauces, preparing just about any food to be tossed in, and some side skills like cleaning up as you cook in order to have practically no work left to do once you eat. It's also pretty tough to do 'wrong,' although the more practice you get the more 'together' it tastes rather than tasting like the individual ingredients. Once you get it down, you can start boiling water for pasta, cut up your ingredients in time for the water to boil, then add the pasta to the water as you begin cooking. Clean up as you cook and the pasta and stir-fry should be done at the same time, and you've got just a wok/pan to clean up more or less.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: June 05, 2010, 10:37:36 pm »

My big problem is cooking meat, really. I've got seasoning and veggies down pretty well, and noodles are hard to mess up, but I can't tell shit about the meat until I shred it to pieces searching for any pink spots.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10655 on: June 05, 2010, 10:42:11 pm »

You sorta need to get a feel for meat. If the temperature is consistent and you keep to similar sizes it should be easy to tell if it's done or not over time and go from there.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10656 on: June 05, 2010, 10:50:28 pm »

If you cut it thin it's easier to tell as well. When I use beef I tend to cut it diagonally so you get thinner strips with more surface area. Cooks faster, tastes crispier (to me, anyhow) and it's easy to tell when it's good.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10657 on: June 05, 2010, 10:55:09 pm »

My problem with cooking is that I have a really wide tolerance for poorly cooked food, and I'm really bad at judging heat.  Usually, food I make isn't cooked enough, because I don't want to over cook it.  Meat is easy to judge, and I've got noodles sort of down.  Also, I'm lazy and use the microwave direction any time I can find them.

Ah screw it.  I'm Happy because the new season of Boondocks, and a Christopher Titus special I haven't seen in a while.  And my car runs better, even though it has no air conditioning.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10658 on: June 05, 2010, 11:39:37 pm »

I have 2000 posts.

Awesome.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10659 on: June 05, 2010, 11:41:38 pm »

Oh no. He mentioned post count. Here come Jack and Toony, I can hear the footsteps.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10660 on: June 05, 2010, 11:42:31 pm »

They have around 6 times more posts than me.

They're both insane.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10661 on: June 05, 2010, 11:51:23 pm »

I think we know who on these forums has no life.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10662 on: June 05, 2010, 11:52:11 pm »

Everyone!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10663 on: June 05, 2010, 11:52:57 pm »

Definitely that Ein fellow. I've heard bad things about him, involving sheep, napalm, and large scale toast production.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10664 on: June 05, 2010, 11:53:03 pm »

I have 2000 posts.

Awesome.

Good for you, though you need to post faster. I'm already on 2153 posts (including this post). :P

I think we know who on these forums has no life.
Everyone!

...The truth hurts...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 13326