Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15876871 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10125 on: May 27, 2010, 12:24:07 am »

Did another playthrough of CA. Epic results. A++ (sleeping through case after saving).

Here's how it goes: I turned in the organizer, and collected a crap-ton of information, went straight for the mastermind (which I figured out before the game), although shot out before getting the guy by a mook using his dead buddy as a shield, I refused to release the organizer. I made a second attempt and captured his arrogant ass. After that, the rest of the case was even easier since the mastermind provided me with all the plans, agents, information, etc.

I then proceeded to go all about the place and ended up turning the remaining agents into double-agents. Of course, I didn't expect the case to be as long as it has been, so I never got around to snagging blueprints or the device (learned in sleepthrough). I thought the mission was over since I had a squad of double-agents; nope.

Nonetheless, I still got a kickass score of 1004 on my second try (ran out of time (sleepy and have to wake up early tomorrow) and was curious why it was taking so long; I was raiding houses like mad to pass time). Now, if only I got the 2 items, it would be a 1200 score or near-equivalent thanks to 3 double-agents being convinced (easily giving me 120 bonus points).

I love this game. But yeah, in roughly 5 days (3, had I not been knocked out by a mook), I got the mastermind. Again, on easy; but still that's rather swift. Especially for someone new to the game.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:27:41 am by Itnetlolor »

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: May 27, 2010, 01:22:26 am »

Just got my acoustic guitar back from repairs, where I was getting its electric pickup fixed. It's been busted for about a year and a half, but I never took it in because then I'd be without it for two weeks. Now I can actually record through my pickup rather than holding the guitar in front of the mic, and get much better sound quality overall :D I missed you, baby.

Of course, 'just got my guitar back' happened like 9 hours ago, at which point I had the longest sleep I've had in a very long time. So that's happy too.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: May 27, 2010, 01:27:12 am »

57th hour awake. I actually feel very refreshed and energetic though. It is like, 1:30 but I want to get in a fight and run some laps and play some soccer.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: May 27, 2010, 01:30:27 am »

I played some soccer today and actually played well. This was a huge surprise for me because my legs are so long that I'm more likely to trip over them whilst trying to get the ball than I am of getting within three feet of the ball itself.

That was nice. Also Gridiron, funnily enough. You Americans and your wacky fun sports.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: May 27, 2010, 01:35:06 am »

I take the soccer back. I'd be down for some rugby right now, or something. I want to beat the shit out of people, run, sweat, beat more people, and run harder. This is a good type of sleep deprivation.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: May 27, 2010, 01:37:05 am »

Sounds like you're overtired. I can't wait till you eventually crash. Tell us all about it, horrible experiences of others is like a fine wine.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: May 27, 2010, 01:37:59 am »

Ahh, Schadenfreude, the finest of wines brewed from the suffering of others.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: May 27, 2010, 01:40:17 am »

The grapes of your experiences are crushed with physical manifestations of your despair. This is a wine of pure concentrated misery that really goes the distance.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: May 27, 2010, 01:43:01 am »

The deeper the misery, the sweeter the taste.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: May 27, 2010, 01:49:21 am »

I've done worse. Earlier this year I pulled 4 days near finals. Not to study, funnily enough. I had a book that I could not put down during the day, which meant I had to exercise and catch up on text messages near midnight, and then I did homework and some research to help out a teacher. It was actually fun. Imagine if you didn't have to sleep. All that extra time.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: May 27, 2010, 01:52:26 am »

I've done worse. Earlier this year I pulled 4 days near finals. Not to study, funnily enough. I had a book that I could not put down during the day, which meant I had to exercise and catch up on text messages near midnight, and then I did homework and some research to help out a teacher. It was actually fun. Imagine if you didn't have to sleep. All that extra time.

I rarely sleep, have been that way for going on four years, and I don't find it fun. I'll admit having that much time certainly comes in handy, but my gods, the crippling boredom.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: May 27, 2010, 01:54:17 am »

Hi!

First of all, following my tradition: Happy birthday, Armok. I hope your new keyboard gives you a lot of joy (sorry, I hate web cams, so no word about that).

Secondly, while there is still a tiny feeling of ambivalence remaining, I am really happy that the 0.94 version お宝ありマス!FE ~ダンジョンはじめました~ is running fine on my desktop (after frustrating me on my laptop ~ I really wish I knew why they differ in that way as far as Japanese compatibility is concerned). And as I hoped, the update from 0.93 has added a few nice little features (like a comment on what kind of dungeon you have each week and also challenges (or rather bets) for extra goals (like "Fell 6 maids within the next 3 weeks" or "Collect 1 lock pick within the next 2 weeks"). I really recommend this game to people who like the dungeon designing business - it is somewhat simple but has a lot of nice options to explore. Ah, knowing Japanese might help to get the most out of it.

Third, a minor joy earlier this week was to see that the Absolute Power expansion pack came with a printed manual. Hooray! Because I really hate the companies who expect you to print the PDF manual when you buy a physical copy of the game (I mean, with download shops, there is no other way, but with packages).

Deathworks

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: May 27, 2010, 01:55:32 am »

I rarely sleep, have been that way for going on four years, and I don't find it fun. I'll admit having that much time certainly comes in handy, but my gods, the crippling boredom.

I rarely spend more than six hours in bed except for weekends. There's so much you can do in the wee hours of the morning. Unless you want to be productive.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: May 27, 2010, 01:59:27 am »

I like biking in the morning. Very scenic where I live.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: May 27, 2010, 02:11:41 am »

Eh. I get 0-3 hours a day, usually somewhere between 9am and 2pm. Unless it's light out I just don't feel tired. The concept of 'day' in a human sense rather than a based-on-earth's-rotation sense becomes interesting, certainly.

Which reminds me. I need to get some food, and my internal clock is telling me it's dinnertime. It's cooking time! Aw yeah. Appropriately enough, I'm already in the happy thread.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 13326