Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15875936 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10080 on: May 26, 2010, 11:36:53 am »

It's my birthday.
Sieze the Birthday, Armok! Do something fun, or spend time with the family, etc.

My roommate's boyfriend came over and made sushi and miso soup. It was hella tasty! Spicey fish/rice/seaweed rolls make me happy, for reasons I can't quite fathom.
I can fathom, boss. It's because sushi is this awesome little package of the most perfect foods, expertly minced and crafted. And miso soup is a solid complement to the sushi, and hell of appropriate for some rainy Spring weather.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10081 on: May 26, 2010, 12:12:35 pm »

I finished my demi-essay on the Singularity. :D

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: May 26, 2010, 12:19:00 pm »

It's my birthday.

Couldn't stop myself.
'xept I'm transhumanist. *sticks out tunge at the skinny guy in the robes.* "seya the the heat-death of the universe!"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: May 26, 2010, 12:21:04 pm »

I suppose I could riff on a list of things I care as little about as Armoks birthday. Let me see. Low-carb diets. Micheal moore. The Republican National Convention. Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products. Hi-def TV. Wireless hotspots. The Bush daughters.The O.C. The U.N. Getting Punk'd. Danny Gans. The Latin Grammys. The real Grammys. Jeff, that Wiggle who sleeps too darn much. The Yankees' payroll. All the red states. All the blue states. Every hybrid car. Every talk show host. Everything on the planet. Everything in the solar system. Everything-everything-everything-everything that exists, past, present and future, in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions that is in aaaaaanyway Armok related. Oh... and Hugh Jackman!
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: May 26, 2010, 12:25:36 pm »

It's my birthday.

Couldn't stop myself.
'xept I'm transhumanist. *sticks out tunge at the skinny guy in the robes.* "seya the the heat-death of the universe!"

There are only two things in the world that are inevitable.  You will pay taxes, no matter how many times you read Atlas Shrugged, and you will die, no matter how many times you read The Singularity is Near.
Shoes...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: May 26, 2010, 12:27:01 pm »

Uh Armok ... you do realize that believing you can't die is not the same thing as actually being immortal. Let's say you're falling. You deliberate and plan and finally decide upon a course of action. As you're drawn inexorably toward the ground.

The secret shame of longevity science is that you won't see it happen in your lifetime, and if you're old when it comes out it won't make you young again.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: May 26, 2010, 12:28:13 pm »

If ya die too soon that won't matter too much. Though by most estimates you should have no problem living to see the singularity or whatever it is that ends up replacing humanity. I wouldn't put too much faith in cryostasis though. It might not be physically possible to restore someone from that state. Or there could be no reason/cash for the people of the future to restore you.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: May 26, 2010, 12:30:52 pm »

Transhumanism reminds me of Cortex Command, which also makes me happy.

We need to organize some Remote Desktop Multiplayer Cortex Command, methinks.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: May 26, 2010, 12:36:24 pm »

Transhumanism reminds me of Cortex Command, which also makes me happy.

We need to organize some Remote Desktop Multiplayer Cortex Command, methinks.
I have found a way to reduce the entire map to rubble in cortex command. though it does take two mods...
1. grab a melta from cthulhu's chaos marines mod.
2. upgrade your soldier with psychic powers and stealth(I can't remember the name of the mod)
3. Fire the melta at something while grabbing that spot with the psy powers.
4. hold 1 and z
5. ???
6. DEATH OF EVERYTHING(including your brain if you didn't use a brain bot to do this)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: May 26, 2010, 12:41:05 pm »

I rather like not using the mods. Less gratuitous explosions, more flying around with grenade launchers and flak cannons, harrying enemy units below.

Also, recently discovered that you can use Go-To waypoints to set intelligent autominers... and suddenly the game became infinitely more playable!

Also, picking up enemy soldiers with a dropship, and selling them and their equipment back to Tradestar is a vicious, but incredibly fun tactic. :P

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: May 26, 2010, 12:51:38 pm »

I don't use many mods, but those two are extremely fun. No giant explosions, just the ability to fling things with your mind and cthulhu's two instant kill guns. Overpowered, yes, but very fun. Just... don't press z with the psy powerup unless you want to kill everything that's not stuck in the ground. The "psi storm" power basically vibrates everything to death.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10091 on: May 26, 2010, 01:26:00 pm »

Yesterday I laughed for a few hours straight reading the article about MDickie's game posted few pages ago.
When I came to the page with bonus movie clips I felt dizzy, winded, exhausted.
I do not remember I laughing for such a long period in my whole life.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: May 26, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »

For birthday I got a webcam and... A new keyboard, so hopefully my typing and spelling wont be so horrid any more! ;)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: May 26, 2010, 02:48:28 pm »

For birthday I got a webcam and... A new keyboard, so hopefully my typing and spelling wont be so horrid any more! ;)

Yah woo!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: May 26, 2010, 02:52:22 pm »

Keyboard does not equal spellchecker, unless I'm missing some context?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 13326