Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6427 6428 [6429] 6430 6431 ... 13318

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15144164 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96420 on: December 29, 2012, 09:11:20 pm »

It's gonna be maroon and red with electric cyan eyes.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96421 on: December 29, 2012, 09:11:31 pm »

No, silly Japa.

That's a scaled mate.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #96422 on: December 29, 2012, 09:13:30 pm »

You know, whenever I feel down and want somebody to feel superior to, I go on tumblr and browse otherkin blogs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Would make a good creepy pasta recipe though. Plus the guy on the middle right might want to check for B.O.
This kind of Phantom Limb stuff kinda intrigues me. We can already maniuplate signals from our minds to what was once our limbs in order to control prosthetics (or at least, I know there's research of use of limbs that once existed); if one can master a form of prehensile control of limbs that don't exist, would it be possible to adapt phantom limbs into tangible limb prosthetics (be able to control foreign entities as if it was part of you)? I wonder if anyone has ever decided to dive into that bit of research? I mean, we could have Doc Oct's crazy helper arm things as a possibility (or government side-projects of Stroggification); though, I'll admit, the programming for it, as well as researching the unique signatures of the exact placement of the prehensile phantom limbs would be a bitch and a half to program. However, working on Icarus Wings would be an interesting project to work on, provided they can take off, and be mounted safely.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:16:22 pm by Itnetlolor »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96423 on: December 29, 2012, 09:14:26 pm »

Ugh. Didn't mean to make that two seperate posts. Sorry.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:17:45 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96424 on: December 29, 2012, 09:16:44 pm »

No, silly Japa.

That's a scaled mate.
No, that is a scalemate.
It's a Homestuck thing.
You know, whenever I feel down and want somebody to feel superior to, I go on tumblr and browse otherkin blogs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Would make a good creepy pasta recipe though. Plus the guy on the middle right might want to check for B.O.
This kind of Phantom Limb stuff kinda intrigues me. We can already maniuplaet signals from our minds to what was once our limbs in order to control prosthetics; if one can master a form of prehensile control of limbs that don't exist, would it be possible to adapt phantom limbs into tangible limb prosthetics? I wonder if anyone has ever decided to dive into that bit of research? I mean, we could have Doc Oct's crazy helper arm things as a possibility; though, I'll admit, the programming for it, as well as researching the unique signatures of the exact placement of the prehensile phantom limbs would be a bitch and a half to program. However, working on Icarus Wings would be an interesting project to work on, provided they can take off, and be mounted safely.
Sure, people have worked on having extra controllable things before. I believe that there was an experiment where monkeys were hooked up to a factory type grabber hand, and they managed to control it rather well with some practice.

Thing about wings is that birds have hollow bones to make them light. We don't have that. To fly, we'd need to have enormous wing spans to make up for the high mass and get a positive thrust:weight ratio.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96425 on: December 29, 2012, 10:06:41 pm »

Watched the first 2 episodes of the Legend of Korra. It was really, really good. Even better, I found a stream of the first 6 episodes.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96426 on: December 29, 2012, 11:24:52 pm »

Watched the first 2 episodes of the Legend of Korra. It was really, really good. Even better, I found a stream of the first 6 episodes.
*cough*

Good pick for a show to watch, it's pretty awesome :)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #96427 on: December 29, 2012, 11:27:09 pm »

My sister is in love with that show. Cannot shut up about it. I enjoyed it, but she simply fawns over it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96428 on: December 29, 2012, 11:31:34 pm »

It is indeed an excellent show.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96429 on: December 29, 2012, 11:36:32 pm »

It is indeed an excellent show.

Spoiler: My 2 cents about it (click to show/hide)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96430 on: December 29, 2012, 11:55:05 pm »

Oh shit, is it really the sequel to Avatar?
I fucking loved that show.  Might have been the only "cartoon" I could stand when I was younger.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96431 on: December 29, 2012, 11:58:00 pm »

I fucking loved that show.  Might have been the only "cartoon" I could stand when I was younger.
Yep! Mostly all-new characters, though some are children of the older ones. Whole new vibe as well.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96432 on: December 29, 2012, 11:59:43 pm »

Well, I'm gonna give it a check.  I need something to pass the time over break.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #96433 on: December 30, 2012, 12:00:04 am »

Ahh yes, Amon certainly subverted what is normal for children. As she pointed out to me while going over poring over the tvtropes page, he is crap past the radar, including

And the whole episode regarding fear was damn impressive.

Yep! Mostly all-new characters, though some are children of the older ones. Whole new vibe as well.
Well done. Feels like it could be a piece on the 1920s if not for the bending and general universe. Wonderful.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96434 on: December 30, 2012, 12:05:32 am »

I think it's good as a cartoon for children, too, though, because it presents some really excellent moral questions every episode. It was like when I went to see Paranorman earlier this year. A movie whose target demographic was clearly younger than me left me sitting in the chair when it was over saying, "I've never watched anything like that before."
Pages: 1 ... 6427 6428 [6429] 6430 6431 ... 13318