Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13316 13317 [13318]

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15135669 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199755 on: June 26, 2024, 02:57:39 pm »

It's fairly rare to have an illegal use case either, to be honest. Easier to destroy a lock than try to bypass it.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199756 on: June 26, 2024, 08:15:59 pm »

It's fairly rare to have an illegal use case either, to be honest. Easier to destroy a lock than try to bypass it.
If you want to break into somewhere, bolt cutters and/or a crowbar are frankly more useful than lockpicks in most cases.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199757 on: June 27, 2024, 12:47:06 am »

Tools like that leave a mess. It is better to use a bumpkey for most locks. You can go inside in less than a minute, set up wireless video/audio recorders or hide incriminating evidence, and unless the lock is a deadbolt, you can lock it and walk out with no signs you were there.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #199758 on: June 27, 2024, 11:27:43 am »

But if your goal is to steal valuable things, there's no point in trying to hide your entry because the theft will be obvious enough anyways.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #199759 on: June 27, 2024, 11:53:06 am »

There's a couple states where merely possessing lockpicks qualifies as intent to commit a crime. It's only a couple, but best not to keep them on your person in them, ay. It's a fun hobby, and it becomes woefully clear how bad basic locks (Master Locks) are. You may also need to scrounge around for locks to practice on; something to keep eyes out for when you're flea marketing or antiquing or whatever, since it's really inadvisable to, say, practice on a door at home that you might maybe break the lock on.

Generally, it's a fun fine-motor and engineering skill and could be put to good use if you have a friend with a locked filing cabinet that they lost the key for, or something.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #199760 on: June 27, 2024, 05:53:41 pm »

I managed to fix my toilet, or at least put off having to replace a bigger part by replacing a smaller part.

I initially thought I’d have to replace the fill valve because the hose from the fill valve to the flush valve was coming loose. Turns out it’s a part for the flush valve that the hose goes through called a stop cap, that had broken off because it’s almost a decade old. I screwed out it back on but the threads were knackered after all that time so it would just keep coming off.

I thought it had also snapped off a bit of the part that it actually screws onto, and would thus have to replace the entire flush valve (which apparently involves taking everything else out of the tank and then unscrewing the tank) but the new stop cap apparently has enough to thread onto to actually stay on when I flush the toilet.

Admittedly a new flush valve isn’t that expensive, $18 vs. $5 for the stop cap, but if I don’t have to do something I’ve never done before to fix it, that’s well worth it. Hopefully it lasts.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #199761 on: June 27, 2024, 11:32:37 pm »

Congratulations, fellow Junior Plummer!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199762 on: June 28, 2024, 03:35:08 am »

Being able to do your own plumbing is a good skill to have, we haven't had to call a plumber in years because anything that needs fixing can be done quicker and cheaper if we do it.

it becomes woefully clear how bad basic locks (Master Locks) are.
You'd think with a name like master lock they wouldn't suck but they do.

Also this is my thirty thousandth post, holy shit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199763 on: June 28, 2024, 10:50:14 am »

Oh shit, nobody move!

It seems small but I bet it would take an absurd amount of wait to get it to 12 point 00 p/d. Come to think of it it is probably th correctest amounts of posts per day to have on a bay called the 12th.

edit: huh im only "not what I wrote" I swear I have a 7 dyslexia, you put a 7 and a 4 together and I will struggle to pronounce the number, andyway, round number but clearly not as cool. Big doublezero moment, bring out the marocan.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 10:55:56 am by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 13316 13317 [13318]