Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4516 4517 [4518] 4519 4520 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770499 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67755 on: December 18, 2011, 04:30:12 am »

I can't name a trailer that ever did a good job of actually presenting the movie in question.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67756 on: December 18, 2011, 04:35:43 am »

Today we made onigiri and flooded each other's phones with pictures of CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS. =^.^=

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67757 on: December 18, 2011, 04:40:54 am »

Eh, I didn't watch it because I was enticed by the trailers.  I watched it because I wanted to watch two dudes be in love.

It was not a great movie.  It was a sequel, after all (and not a Dark Knight sequel, just a regular sort of sequel).  But there were a lot of things that were so cute and so unanticipated, Chekov's Guns that really went totally forgotten, and so on, and so forth.  I can't help feeling like it was a billed like a generic movie because the director wanted to keep the best parts for in the theater.

Because really, it does have generic elements to it.  It has guns, it has drag, (it's got misogyny, unfortunately), and it's got trains.  And then it's got a whole hell of a lot of things, just neat little touches, that would have gone in any other trailer as "stuff we're pre-ruining for you," but weren't covered.  Plus, everything that I saw in the trailers ended up just being so much... more in the movie.  Nothing was a little one-off joke that was immediately forgotten.  It was all a big deal.

And yeah, it was really, truly enjoyable.  Unlike most sequel movies, it really did have a story, and it wasn't just a carbon repeat of the Batman series' pattern--it was a tense story, emotionally compelling.  It had a certain feel to it.  Despite being the midpoint of what I'm almost certain will be a trilogy, it did a really ... really good job.

The only thing lacking was a kiss, which I'm hoping for in movie #3.  We, the fans, deserve it :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67759 on: December 18, 2011, 07:00:16 am »

Shit was amazing.  I gotta say, that's the closest I've ever seen an action movie get to a chick flick, and I think I like it.

Wait until Pride and Predjudice and Zombies comes out. (If it ever comes out...)

Has any one else Google goggled their penis.
what.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67760 on: December 18, 2011, 10:10:11 am »

And yeah, it was really, truly enjoyable.  Unlike most sequel movies, it really did have a story, and it wasn't just a carbon repeat of the Batman series' pattern--it was a tense story, emotionally compelling.  It had a certain feel to it.  Despite being the midpoint of what I'm almost certain will be a trilogy, it did a really ... really good job.

I would like to say I saw this last night and wholeheartedly agree with you. In fact, I would say I enjoyed it twice as much as the first one.

One thing that threw me off, though, was how little padding was in the movie. There were very few slow scenes to increase the length at all.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67761 on: December 18, 2011, 11:55:49 pm »

YES OH GOD YES THE 504S STOPPED
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #67762 on: December 19, 2011, 12:01:27 am »

YES OH GOD YES THE 504S STOPPED
Hurrah!

At least it gave me time to finish writing this harp/viola d'amore duet.

I think it's the best piece of music I've ever written, bar none.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67763 on: December 19, 2011, 12:03:48 am »

Speaking of Holmes, Sherlock series 2 starts on New Year's Day.

Huge spoilers in the following video;

This is how the last series ended.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67764 on: December 19, 2011, 12:07:05 am »

Well. Good. This is back. Of course, I guess I did not miss much since it was down for everyone as well. So no harm done I guess.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #67765 on: December 19, 2011, 12:22:01 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8omJvCrwRdY

Every damn episode is nearly perfect. More than half the gorram lines are quotable.

I was going to cleanup my apartment today, but I watched all of firefly again instead.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67766 on: December 19, 2011, 12:24:45 am »

I would like to say I saw this last night and wholeheartedly agree with you. In fact, I would say I enjoyed it twice as much as the first one.

One thing that threw me off, though, was how little padding was in the movie. There were very few slow scenes to increase the length at all.

Yeah, I want to say that the first one had a better (i.e. more classical) dramatic structure, a better intro and leadup to the main plot, certainly.  But there were some flattened places that I could see now.

I think that at the beginning, II feels a bit rushed, a bit badly done.  Heck, it's got a downright awful introduction.  They didn't take any time to let us know who the characters were (but on the other hand, other than a quick introduction for newcomers, any more intro would be superfluous--I'm frankly just surprised that there was anything personality-wise to introduce.  Compare the necessary character intros for the various superhero movie sequels that have been coming out recently).  After you know what, though--after the glove is cast down--I think it greatly improved as a film.

The main bugaboo for me is that I really wish they'd managed to do better writing for women in this film.  It was such a disappointment.

And on the other hand, the writing for the women was really about average, possibly a bit above, and it was only in comparison to the truly excellent use of the main leads that it failed to shine.

So yeah.  I really thought this movie was brilliant.  I thought the first one was amazing, I think I somehow managed to enjoy this one even more, and I am almost painfully looking forward to the next (okay, okay, and Dark Knight Rising.  To go with Metal Gear Solid: Rising.  And bread).  I have to agree with a review I read somewhere: this is the genre of movie the Pirates of the Caribbean movies wanted to be, but never quite made it to.  Really, truly, splendiferously good.

Now just to keep myself from reading fanfic.  I already know what the Holmesian fandom is like, and it's nothing pretty.

Speaking of Holmes, Sherlock series 2 starts on New Year's Day.

I might have to watch the first series of this, too.

Because I was unable to satisfy my powerful desire for Chinese literature, I am now craving crime fiction in any language I can even half-understand.  Ahh, Gaston Leroux, mon amour.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #67767 on: December 19, 2011, 12:24:58 am »

That was the longest 504 ever.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67768 on: December 19, 2011, 01:52:59 am »

Spent the entire evening watching reviews of gundam model kits... And placed a few orders.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67769 on: December 19, 2011, 02:01:40 am »

The twelve days of Christmas. From the perspective of the sphinx.
Pages: 1 ... 4516 4517 [4518] 4519 4520 ... 13325