Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4515 4516 [4517] 4518 4519 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773043 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67740 on: December 17, 2011, 09:30:21 pm »

I got into college again. This one, however, is in the (comparably) balmy city of Ann Arbor.

Seriously, Michigan Tech can be found in a few steps:
1. Take an arbitrary location in Michigan
2. Go to a location in Michigan north of that
3. Repeat until you run out of north
Lol MTech, my elementary school buddies made fun of them every chance we get, great hockey team though.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #67741 on: December 17, 2011, 09:42:41 pm »

Watched movie at nice female friend's house. Had no real thought of being pretty tonight. Her boyfriend went out with the guys and we stayed home. She surprised me by giving me my Christmas present early: a skirt I got to wear that night while we watched movies with some slight cuddles :D.

Her boyfriend is not keen on me, despite me being the gayest thing ever = no competition. He came home saw us cuddled and me in a skirt and didn't say anything mean or act upset I was there this time. I don't think he knows what to do with me. I don't know what to do concerning him not liking me. I even baked him cookies. I really really hope he comes around to just seeing me as another one of her girlfriends. I don't know or care if it was (hopefully) a step in the right direction, or him just being a bit too drunk to care at the time. I'll take either honestly.

Summation: Girl's movie night, cuddles!, cute clothes, not made uncomfortable by friend's boyfriend. YAY!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:49:18 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67742 on: December 17, 2011, 09:51:40 pm »

I got into college again. This one, however, is in the (comparably) balmy city of Ann Arbor.

Seriously, Michigan Tech can be found in a few steps:
1. Take an arbitrary location in Michigan
2. Go to a location in Michigan north of that
3. Repeat until you run out of north
Where could Ann Arbor be considered balmy? Certainly wasn't when I used to be near there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67743 on: December 17, 2011, 10:06:05 pm »

Holy Gilliam, I've just seen a low-budget film called Ink. It was fantastic in that curious way of bordering on campy but settling into the amazing like some of Doctor Who episodes do.
I cried so much! Why did I cry so much?!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67744 on: December 17, 2011, 10:25:20 pm »

On siesta with the wife. Ah, a night without teh babby. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #67745 on: December 17, 2011, 11:11:10 pm »

Finished Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky this morning. It's the book that inspired large parts of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games. All this talk of GSC's closure lead to someone posting that the games made them read the book and reminded me that it's a book I want to read too. I can't remember who said it but thanks for reminding me. I really enjoyed it even though it was quite different from what I expected.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #67746 on: December 17, 2011, 11:11:55 pm »

I loved that story too.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #67747 on: December 18, 2011, 12:06:28 am »

I think I'm completely, 100% addicted to Dungeons of Dreadmor.

Yes that makes me happy.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #67748 on: December 18, 2011, 12:44:46 am »

I have no major projects this week, just tests. Feels good man.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #67749 on: December 18, 2011, 01:29:08 am »

I'm almost done with Arrested Development, partway through the third season.

I think I'm at the point where they know the show's done, because it's getting strange.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67750 on: December 18, 2011, 01:36:23 am »

I went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie with five friends of mine. I was the only guy there.

Also the movie was good, so there's that.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #67751 on: December 18, 2011, 02:56:01 am »

I got a long overdue haircut today.  Then I skipped a party to spend the night with a cool female friend, had a total gamer nerd moment together that lasted for hours, had mad fun, and I'll see her tomorrow to boot (making three days straight!)  :)
Then I went to the party to pick up her (and my honourary) little sister and found out that when I'm not there people miss me, I got mad love when I showed up as everyone was leaving and almost forgot to pick said little sister up when I ended up chatting with another girl friend who I hadn't seen in a while.  Then I found out that the little sister got winked at by some boy she "kinda semi-likes" and I had fun wheedling her to find out who it was and thus whether or not I approved (since we end up in similar social circles, though her friends are younger than mine, I know all of the kids it could have been who winked at her by name).
All in all a good night :)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67752 on: December 18, 2011, 02:58:29 am »

zzz muh so tired
And now I'm going to play Oblivion until somebody tells me to get to sleep in person.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67753 on: December 18, 2011, 03:59:42 am »

Fuck yeah Sherlock Holmes.

Shit was amazing.  I gotta say, that's the closest I've ever seen an action movie get to a chick flick, and I think I like it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67754 on: December 18, 2011, 04:19:59 am »

I gotta say, that's the closest I've ever seen an action movie get to a chick flick, and I think I like it.
I've been totally apathetic to this movie until now. Now I'm slightly interested.

Really the trailers make it look so... generic and boring.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 4515 4516 [4517] 4518 4519 ... 13325