Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4305 4306 [4307] 4308 4309 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773864 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: [~~~] Things tildes made you do today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64590 on: October 19, 2011, 07:23:59 pm »

Figured out how to play "the entertainer" (aka, the sting's soundtrack) on my Marine Band :-)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64591 on: October 19, 2011, 07:48:08 pm »

Yo dawg I heard you like "yo dawg", so I put a "yo dawg" in a "yo dawg" So you can "yo dawg" while you "yo dawg."
Yo dawgception?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64592 on: October 19, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »

I had no idea there was a new Sonic game coming out in two weeks.  Haven't thought about that crap in a while now.  Ho hum, I thought, another middling flash-game with reasonably good graphics, and more nonsensical extras getting in the way of entertainment, like Colors.

I've been watching videos and screenshots for an hour.  This is jawdropping beauty, fantastic music, and what looks like really good gameplay.  Apparently Sonic Team finally decided the road to success was Fanservice, Fanservice, Fanservice, and just make a really good platformer and cover it in pretty.  I'm pleasantly surprised.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64593 on: October 19, 2011, 08:10:39 pm »

What Sonic Colors was filled with that pretty junk. It was part of what made it good. Heck it made the 3D segments okay.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64594 on: October 19, 2011, 08:14:39 pm »

Zero Punctuation today, and not for the reason you probably think. Thank you, Yahtzee, for reminding me of Final Fantasy 7, and through it, the much-more-beloved-by-me Final Fantasy 6. They both have nostalgia value for me, but goddamn if I didn't love 6 to fucking death. And this time, I'm not going to abuse what I've learned about the system. No glitching my way to infinite gold through thousands of dirks, no careful planning of esper bonuses, no level 99 Locke with a Genji Glove, an Offering, and two Atma Weapons dealing more damage than it is mathematically possible for any foe to actually have hit points bullshit. I don't think I'll even use savestates.

Except for the Vector Railway, because fuck doing that over and over. I've seen that poorly-animated tunnel far too much for a single lifetime. And maybe the pre-Flying Continent airship battle, because the octopus battle there is always a clusterfuck for me if I don't use shenanigans. I'll have to see how that goes.

EDIT: Screw work, I'm going to get reacquainted with 14 pixelated fellows I used to know.

FF6 is my 2nd favorite jrpg of all time, behind Xenogears.  Chrono Trigger is a close 3rd.  Soooo much of my childhood in those three games.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64595 on: October 19, 2011, 08:54:03 pm »

Clearly, I need to play Xenogears. I've heard good things about it, but if it beats out my two favorite RPGs of all time, that's something. I've said it before, but it's worth repeating - Ted Woolsey is like a god to me, and is directly responsible for much of my education in the English language, after I learned enough basic sentence structure to piece his sentences together. I loved those games so much, even if I always had trouble beating an easy boss (typically because I was too young to figure out the gimmick, even when, in Vargas' case, the game explicitly tells you how to do it - I couldn't master the controller input, for reasons that are now obscure to me).

Close 3rd behind them is Secret of Evermore, for me, followed shortly by (of all things) FF12.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64596 on: October 19, 2011, 08:55:41 pm »

I played Xenosaga a bit, put me off from playing any game with a Xeno prefix.

That was just terrible to wade through. Star Ocean TTEOT was better than that if only because the plot appeared to move.

I might want to try playing the other games to see if they have anything related to that. They probably can't muck it up like that multiple times. And I'm probably being unfair judging all games for one that didn't suit my tastes.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64597 on: October 19, 2011, 09:01:08 pm »

I loved Xenosaga, personally.

Xenogears is significantly different, though.  Less time spent in cinematics and a fun combat system.  But then, I haven't played it in like 12 years, so my description is based mainly on nostalgia-stained recollections.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #64598 on: October 19, 2011, 09:02:09 pm »

I dislike JRPG's, mainly due to the fact there is so much grinding. Although I do have a few weaknesses....but I digress.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64599 on: October 19, 2011, 09:03:38 pm »

I might try it out. The story was a huge reason why I felt like I was slowly wallowing through anime hell and I never really got a grasp of the combat system outside of "You had best know the specific way to beat this boss bitch."

And I know all about nostalgia staining. Oh Terranigma, you crazy, stupid amazing game.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64600 on: October 19, 2011, 09:04:51 pm »

They're more fun if you don't do any grinding.  Most are balanced on the assumption that you will work your way straight through the story instead of wandering around doing lots of random encounters.  I never understood the appeal in doing all the secret stuff that requires tons of grinding.  The gameplay gets old fast in most of those games.  Tactics types are the only exception.  I play through them for the art and story.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64601 on: October 19, 2011, 09:05:45 pm »

Oh, I can play Shining Force again so that will be fun.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64602 on: October 19, 2011, 09:11:15 pm »

I frankly enjoyed grinding up in VIII and IX, but that's mostly because I was so attached to the characters at that point that I really did like running around and thinking about them spending all that time together.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64603 on: October 19, 2011, 09:14:02 pm »

I never finished IX. The PS2 ate my disc 1 after the stage swordfighting thing and then promptly died. Not even my DiscRX fixed the accursed thing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #64604 on: October 19, 2011, 10:29:15 pm »

I streamed again for a bit. There was... BOOMF.

And someone who was threatened with hand removal and bitch slapping with said hands. And limo stunt driving.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 4305 4306 [4307] 4308 4309 ... 13325