Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3133 3134 [3135] 3136 3137 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766054 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that Cirno lost today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #47010 on: April 11, 2011, 12:47:33 pm »

That project I stayed up late last night to finish?

Not due for another month.

Loads off my mind. Also apparently some chick slipped her number into my backpack today, judging from the nervous glances I got from a particular gaggle of girls.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #47011 on: April 11, 2011, 12:48:50 pm »

Call them and pretend you're someone else, like they slipped it into the wrong backpack.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47012 on: April 11, 2011, 12:59:47 pm »

I would also like to add that I'm happy because with every progressivist (feminist, pro-queer, anti-racist, whatever) thread here it seems like more and more people are standing up and shouting for the side I prefer.

I feel a lot better.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47013 on: April 11, 2011, 01:01:10 pm »

I would also like to add that I'm happy because with every progressivist (feminist, pro-queer, anti-racist, whatever) thread here it seems like more and more people are standing up and shouting for the side I prefer.

I feel a lot better.
Vector's happy!

This makes me happy!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47014 on: April 11, 2011, 01:07:06 pm »

I feel a lot better.
Yay!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #47015 on: April 11, 2011, 02:11:56 pm »

My MacMini is responsive again, but still temperamental overall. I can't make any disk repairs, but I think it might be safe to say I can format it to see if that can overall fix everything (with a reinstallation of the OS of course). Seeing it's been at least half a year since it bricked, I don't think my sister will be missing anything leftover on it (I sent her a message anyway. Give her a heads-up that I might have to resort to formatting it, and that it's a mutual loss (had stuff of my own still on it too)). On a plus side for myself, I think she backed up all of my crap before she dominated my machine, so I think my data is essentially safe anyway. Just as well, I backed up some of my old crap onto a external hard drive before transfer as well, so I know half of my crap is still okay. It's the leftover stuff I had to leave behind I am worried about.

I suppose what I'm saying is, what makes me happy despite this bullcrap I have to deal with is, on the bright side, I think I can salvage my machine (from hardware upwards), and my sister can save several hundred bucks replacing it as well. Of course, at the expense of her previous data (mostly business; hopefully disposable/expendable documentation). My stuff should be safe, from base machine data (OS and such on one of her external HDs) to entertainment (games and such on one of mine).

Post-recovery, I'm now kinda stumped on what I can use it for. I've gone full-PC again, and can't really think up much to do with a Mac. So far, I've resorted to having it as an interactive external hard drive (since it is more primitive hardware-wise compared to my PC; and most of my tools are more powerful and up-to-date on the PC as well). If possible, I guess I can convert it into a server of sorts (Minecraft server possibly?). Just as well, Macs can load up Steam games, so I can also make a dedicated server out of it as well.

EDIT:
While I wait, I checked out the beach water. It's clear, it's pretty, and best of all, it's at a temperature I can actually swim in. YES! Finally, I have a better reason to go outside. ;D

Plus, it took the water long enough to warm up. Might go jump in; especially since I finished up a bit of business all week, as well as tinkering/salvaging my old machine (I think it's now a 5 year old mac?).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:24:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47018 on: April 11, 2011, 02:25:10 pm »

can't really think up much to do with a Mac.

Boat anchor?
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47019 on: April 11, 2011, 02:26:32 pm »

Boat anchor?

Beautiful, I love it.

Though, if you think it can handle it, a server would be a pretty kickass use for an old machine like that.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #47020 on: April 11, 2011, 02:27:33 pm »

Boat anchor?
Appe/UNIX-based server and interactive hard-drive aside, that is a use. There's also doorstop, paperweight, Tetris block, lab experiment... The list goes on.

I can also try to re-purpose it as a hacking device. At least screw around with my household with it. Nothing more annoying than having your computer screen rendering upside-down for no apparent reason. That, or if my mom has any issues with her computer (also a mac) I can hack into it and fix her problem remotely and spook her.

EDIT:
I can probably also try installing Linux onto it, especially if I'm formatting the machine anyway (as a dual-boot maybe).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:48:14 pm by Itnetlolor »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47021 on: April 11, 2011, 02:29:41 pm »

Oh Udongein.

(Its touhou guys dont worry I'm not insulting ein.)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47022 on: April 11, 2011, 02:30:29 pm »

I ship her with Parsee. I find their eyes compliment each other nicely.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47023 on: April 11, 2011, 02:32:27 pm »

Boat anchor?
Appe/UNIX-based server and interactive hard-drive aside, that is a use. There's also doorstop, paperweight, Tetris block, lab experiment... The list goes on.

I can also try to re-purpose it as a hacking device. At least screw around with my household with it. Nothing more annoying than having your computer screen rendering upside-down for no apparent reason. That, or if my mom has any issues with her computer (also a mac) I can hack into it and fix her problem remotely and spook her.

I had another good use for a mac, but I can't get the picture because dropbox won't load on these crappy school macs. :b

I ship her with Parsee. I find their eyes compliment each other nicely.

Lies, Parsee belongs to Yuugi.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47024 on: April 11, 2011, 02:32:58 pm »

:V I don't care, I only ship if a good pun might be had of it.
Pages: 1 ... 3133 3134 [3135] 3136 3137 ... 13325