Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13266 13267 [13268] 13269 13270 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15904196 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199005 on: July 07, 2023, 05:49:43 am »

It's very fun. Combat gets goofy because you can bait monsters into each other (or your fights might stumble into a nest of harpies, for example.) Combat feels good and it's exciting all the way through. My only qualms are with the long travel times, which are fun the first time but exhausting until fast(er) travel is unlocked.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199006 on: July 07, 2023, 06:37:42 pm »

I enjoy finding Redditors who are genuinely batshit. Not hate style, but genuinely mad.

I've found one who thinks viruses don't exist and are actually ODs of government chemicals who, in a different post, claims to use garlic-ginger-urine enemas. Why urine? It acts like feedback to the body, because the body goes "Ah yes, these are the toxins in the urine so we can prepare for their presence in food" upon absorbing it.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199007 on: July 07, 2023, 06:45:28 pm »

That sounds almost plausible. Though the claim obviously needs better evidence than "guy on reddit." :p

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199008 on: July 07, 2023, 08:04:46 pm »

I don't know if it was a Windows update or graphics drivers update, but I'm finding several old games I bought off GOG that I couldn't run before run mostly fine now. Total Annihilation and Metal Fatigue were two that I really irritated me that they couldn't run that now do.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199009 on: July 07, 2023, 10:36:10 pm »

Yay, Metal Fatigue!!

I liked prioritizing the orbital zone and amassing an immense swarm of airfighters.  They still died quick to anti-air emplacements and mechs though.  Next time I play, maybe I'll utilize some of the cool artillery options more.  Or, gasp, the mechs which are supposed to be the game's star feature.  I'm sure an 'ard stompy mech or two would help take out that AA efficiently.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199010 on: July 07, 2023, 11:09:14 pm »

I too prioritized the orbital zone, but mostly just to fill it to the absolute brim with solar panels so I could stop caring about economy on the other layers, heh.

Don't remember caring much about the air units, though... all about that ranged mecha, iirc. The melee stuff was fun enough, but dakka is dakka, yo'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #199011 on: July 08, 2023, 12:56:35 am »

I enjoy finding Redditors who are genuinely batshit. Not hate style, but genuinely mad.

I've found one who thinks viruses don't exist and are actually ODs of government chemicals who, in a different post, claims to use garlic-ginger-urine enemas. Why urine? It acts like feedback to the body, because the body goes "Ah yes, these are the toxins in the urine so we can prepare for their presence in food" upon absorbing it.

This gave me the idea that maybe you can in fact describe certain chemicals and molecules as chemo-viruses
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199012 on: July 08, 2023, 03:35:47 am »

I remember seeing a segment on a show a long time ago where this woman talked about how she did coffee enemas everyday.

It's very fun. Combat gets goofy because you can bait monsters into each other (or your fights might stumble into a nest of harpies, for example.) Combat feels good and it's exciting all the way through. My only qualms are with the long travel times, which are fun the first time but exhausting until fast(er) travel is unlocked.
Sounds like it's something I need to try when I get time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199013 on: July 08, 2023, 12:05:14 pm »

I too prioritized the orbital zone, but mostly just to fill it to the absolute brim with solar panels so I could stop caring about economy on the other layers, heh.

Don't remember caring much about the air units, though... all about that ranged mecha, iirc. The melee stuff was fun enough, but dakka is dakka, yo'.
Yeah basically I went up there for the renewable and fairly easy energy, instead of mussing around with the lava pools.  Then "well I'll need lots of flying units to secure my breadbasket".  Then "Wow, enough of these absolutely shred anything, even anti-air units".

It sometimes took a *lot* though.  I wonder if any of the AA had splash damage, sometimes it felt like it.
Ranged mechs do sound nice!  The blades were fun but they awkward at chasing down swarms of non-mechs.  Better to just use a nice chaingun probably.

Theoretically that ought to be weak against melee-focused mechs, if they can close in... but that's what strategic withdrawal (and an air force) is for.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #199014 on: July 08, 2023, 12:47:30 pm »

I assume they're trying to get someone else to do it, and are lying about doing it themselves. If they can get one other person to do it, then they probably have won.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199015 on: July 08, 2023, 08:14:59 pm »

Oh their whole comment history was interesting stuff like that. Raw meat diet, vaccines are evil, etc. etc.

It was just a fun look into the mind of a nutter.

EDIT: Oh yeah, lots of religious stuff and viruses are bollocks because they're based on germ theory, which is clearly wrong (or shit, in their words), and viruses are too small to actually threaten cells that are so much bigger than them.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 08:20:13 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199016 on: July 08, 2023, 08:29:07 pm »

... so if germ theory is wrong, do they have an alternative? Modern day proponent of humoral theory or something?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #199017 on: July 08, 2023, 08:32:44 pm »

Leeches. Can't go wrong with Leeches.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199018 on: July 08, 2023, 08:43:22 pm »

Diseases are caused by tiny leeches!

Which just sounds like germ theory but describing everything as a type of leech

Maybe they're humoral leeches.
Autocorrect wants that to be humorless, but it was meant in jest.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #199019 on: July 08, 2023, 08:59:03 pm »

No no, humorless leaches is correct. The reason that bad food can kill you is that the invisible humorless leaches get into your body and eat your funny bone.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 13266 13267 [13268] 13269 13270 ... 13327