Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13267 13268 [13269] 13270 13271 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15904619 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199020 on: July 08, 2023, 09:19:33 pm »

... so if germ theory is wrong, do they have an alternative? Modern day proponent of humoral theory or something?
Terrain theory, judging by their subreddit.

That's the other thing, they've got a subreddit they share with one other person who appears to be equally as insane, albeit in the more "I hate minorities" direction.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199021 on: July 09, 2023, 04:49:47 am »

Finally started writing f a s t again!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #199022 on: July 09, 2023, 07:53:33 am »

C’mon, this is a Dwarf Fortress forum.
Clearly the issue is MIASMA!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #199023 on: July 09, 2023, 09:11:03 pm »

Whoever invented key lime pie is a fucking genius.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #199024 on: July 10, 2023, 01:04:58 am »

I recently ran out of bullion cubes for ramen(Don't judge me I'm poor) and had to pick up a new brand from Cosco called "Better Than Bullion." Wasn't cheap, but it's Cosco, so it was cheap per pound. Chicken, veggie, and beef flavors. First, I tried the chicken one, and it was pretty alright! Not astounding, like, 7/10. Notably above the average crap you can make in the kitchen, but not "Blow your socks off." Vegetable? Haven't tried it yet.

But the beef stuff? I dumped a heaping teaspoon into 2 packages of top ramen with a teaspoon of butter, soy sauce, noodle base, worschtershire sauce, and garlic powder(all the last eyeballed) and the flavor packets from the top ramen, and it was heavenly. The bullion managed to soak up the butter and massively enrich all the mingling umami flavors going on and enhance the experience. Chopped some deli ham into it that I boiled with the noodles, and well...

It's summer and I am too hot to wear any clothes.

I still want another piping hot bowl of that.

My common sense is warring with my stomach. But in a good way!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199025 on: July 10, 2023, 07:23:06 am »

I was allready betting on beef before I was done reading, sounds yummy.

It's more of a random thought but whatever, kittens are cute and stuff sure, but where it's really at is some big old cat that appreciates you. I think about this because I saw the post on reddit about mackerel, and I thought damn people have no taste, to litterally exchange the most glorious years against a kitten that needs to be pottytrained and could turn out to be an asshole. To these people a cat must literally be a decoration object... So anyway I'm posting in happy because our nextdoor neighbours both passed around spring, and we have this tabby that allways loved our yard, when the sun is setting you will find minou on the porch... If it were only up to me I'd have given in and the let the cat inside a long time ago but regardless... For now the cat still seems to have access to it's old house, but we started feeding it more regularl, not just a little threat when there is some leftover... It has allways been a super shy cat, but ever since I'm getting big squints, she will even stay around if I do some manual labor that makes noises that could be annoying to cats (like I doubt they enjoy hearing the hissing of a gas flame). Yesterday when I put food in the bowl she allmost rubbed herself against me but then didn't because we have this mutual agrrment of polite distance. Big old cats are peak cat!
let

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #199026 on: July 10, 2023, 08:52:24 am »

Better Than Bullion makes a pretty good veggie bullion base, too, if you're meat-abstinent. Goes great when preparing rice, chickpeas, or stroganoff sauce.

RE: Dragon's Dogma- There was briefly a Japanese-only DD MMO that you could weasel your way into with a translation patch and a bit of network shenanigans. It was really fun while it was up, but it's closed shop forever now. Real shame, it has some original character classes, like the Alchemist with a parry gauntlet and weird combat dodecahedrons.

Back to the original, I think there's a couple of difficulty mods out there for it if the base game has run its course.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199027 on: July 11, 2023, 03:06:19 am »

Sadly I can't mod the game as it's the console version.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199028 on: July 11, 2023, 06:08:15 pm »

Not with that attitude! Idle check suggests it's at least theoretically possible to jailbreak most consoles DD's on and do you thing from there.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199029 on: July 12, 2023, 06:01:40 am »

I've always been afraid to try to jailbreak something as I've always heard that if you do it wrong it can brick the item in question.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #199030 on: July 12, 2023, 07:43:57 am »

I've always been afraid to try to jailbreak something as I've always heard that if you do it wrong it can brick the item in question.

This was and still is certainly the case, though the older the syztem, the safer the jailbreak is these days. Though, I really only suggest it if it's necessary. For instance, I literally can't buy games for the 3DS because of region locks and living in China, so...well there's a good solution.

My reasoning there is that if the break goes bad, you brick the most expensive component to the whole thing, when buying a game on a sale (or used, if we're talking consoles) can accomplish the same with no risk.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 07:47:20 am by delphonso »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #199031 on: July 12, 2023, 09:06:25 am »

Or do what everyone else does and buy the console/game from some teenage that needs beer money.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #199032 on: July 12, 2023, 09:12:25 am »

While it's super unlikely that you could put PC mods on a jailbroken console, I'm happy to report that the game is under five bucks on Steam if your computer has any oomph to it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199033 on: July 12, 2023, 10:24:15 am »

Supposedly there exist dlc and even mod installers for jailbroken ps4... How the fuck you would find the pertaining files if you dont have 15k posts on pshax is a mystery... I never managed to install the zombie map dlc for my special edition black ops 3 that I hoped would have them on the CD since the box yells that the dlc are contained within.

The risks of jailbreaking very much depend on the item... See ps4 has this fancy encrypted chip that contains some seed relevant to the device serial ID and highest uodate installed and blablabla... Still if you never UPGRADE beyond what is supported by jailbreak, the process is entirely reversable since you can just swap the HDD to another with same firmware.  On the other hand I've seen phones from way back in the day, before polyphonic ringtones and color screens (^^ damn this is going to be an A tier old man sentence "before polyphonic ringtones and color screens") brick themselves because somebody made a hands free kit fit the port (software lock my dad even knew a genius who unbricked it for him).

If the method is well documented and you understand every step and you deem them safe, the risks of bricking aren't particularly higher than loosing power during a windows update.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199034 on: July 13, 2023, 05:24:34 am »

Given that I don't really want to have to buy a new console I think I'll just play it safe and not try to jailbreak it.
Pages: 1 ... 13267 13268 [13269] 13270 13271 ... 13327