Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13096 13097 [13098] 13099 13100 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15869242 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196455 on: August 23, 2021, 10:12:37 pm »

SS13 is something I've tried many a time to get into, never really could

spend an hour just trying to figure out one job only for the station and antag to get involved and off me in the middle of something.  Its bad enough I have to constantly check a wiki while some other half of the station blows up.

get forced into an antag role (cult or one of those "convert people" ones) when I just wanted to cook random shit or make drug pills, try to figure out that only to help them do nothing while actual antag gets mad.

never win a single fight due to jank server lag (its bad enough the game in general feels like soup) and byzantine combat controls, never mind any damage at all may as well be fatal.

maybe 1/10 SS13 games were enjoyable but its a 2-3 hour commitment either way.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196456 on: August 24, 2021, 11:11:25 am »

Tomorrow is pete's birth day. 4 years, it's amazing. It seems it was just yesterday when I hold that little pink crying ball in my arms for the first time, singing him "Ooh child". For all my wrongs and fails, he's perhaps the only thing I have done right in this world.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196457 on: August 24, 2021, 11:12:50 am »

Congrats.

Seems he's getting a little to old to swaddle!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196458 on: August 24, 2021, 12:02:40 pm »

Mine had his very first day of Kindergarten today.

I'm all fussed about how he's doing, I hope his first day is going well. His best friend from preschool is now on his same bus though, and they have the same classroom.

EDIT: He did really good. He also has an after-school tutoring thing going on, and he loved it. I'm so happy.

EDIT2: Where does one go to discuss Space Station 13 things? I think I'm a little hooked lol.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 06:45:17 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196459 on: August 24, 2021, 09:07:08 pm »

We had/have threads for SS13, uh. Somewhere in other games or play with your buddies, I think? Pretty sure. Try searching over there or browsing back until one shows up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196460 on: August 24, 2021, 09:19:39 pm »

Mine had his very first day of Kindergarten today.

I'm all fussed about how he's doing, I hope his first day is going well. His best friend from preschool is now on his same bus though, and they have the same classroom.

EDIT: He did really good. He also has an after-school tutoring thing going on, and he loved it. I'm so happy.

EDIT2: Where does one go to discuss Space Station 13 things? I think I'm a little hooked lol.

I bet after all that lock down he'll be pretty happy just to share with other kids. More so if there are interesting activities.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196461 on: August 24, 2021, 09:53:47 pm »

I biked around on my usual route today, and the weather turned really ominous fast. The sky went dark and it started blustering hella hard. There was dust/dirt clouds blowing around and debris from a nearby construction area getting thrown around. I had my sunglasses on so I didn't get much dust in my eyes, so I got to enjoy nature's fury a little bit as I biked like a bitch back home before it started raining in earnest.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196462 on: August 24, 2021, 10:24:22 pm »

I biked around on my usual route today, and the weather turned really ominous fast. The sky went dark and it started blustering hella hard. There was dust/dirt clouds blowing around and debris from a nearby construction area getting thrown around. I had my sunglasses on so I didn't get much dust in my eyes, so I got to enjoy nature's fury a little bit as I biked like a bitch back home before it started raining in earnest.
what part of this is happy? Interesting post nonetheless

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196463 on: August 24, 2021, 10:37:35 pm »

I just really like stormy weather. I have a lot of fond memories of walking around in cats-and-dogs levels of rain, with the wind blowing me in every direction, watching the world around me getting beaten by water and wind, getting SHOOK by the claps of nearby lightningstrikes; it's all just enjoyable in a cathartic kind of way.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196464 on: August 24, 2021, 10:40:06 pm »

I just really like stormy weather. I have a lot of fond memories of walking around in cats-and-dogs levels of rain, with the wind blowing me in every direction, watching the world around me getting beaten by water and wind, getting SHOOK by the claps of nearby lightningstrikes; it's all just enjoyable in a cathartic kind of way.
ah, I didn’t know people could enjoy stormy weather, sorry about that. This being said by someone who apparently likes peeling off sunburnt skin…humans are weird aren’t we?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #196465 on: August 25, 2021, 03:58:18 am »

Where does one go to discuss Space Station 13 things? I think I'm a little hooked lol.
There were definitely big threads about it here back in the day, but the baystation 12 server has been waning in population of late, and I don't know how deep you'll have to dig to find said old threads.

It's odd to remember that you have a smallperson. I'm glad his time there went well, I wish him the best of luck. It's good that the very young children who spent two years of their lives indoors are starting to see new faces and have new experiences again.

ah, I didn’t know people could enjoy stormy weather, sorry about that. This being said by someone who apparently likes peeling off sunburnt skin…humans are weird aren’t we?

I love bad weather, so so much. If I could just stand in the wind all day with my eyes closed, I would. I'm glad I can't though, because it would lose its meaning if I was getting to stand in the billowing wind all day.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196466 on: August 25, 2021, 07:25:50 am »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:21:29 am by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196467 on: August 25, 2021, 07:26:27 am »

Storms are great, yeah... so long as you don't have to drive through them. Walking is okay to nice, and in general they're beautiful even when they're actively trying to kill you, but there's definitely a point you really should be saying, "Yeah, I'm not going to try to move a car through that."

Probably don't walk around in the middle of a cat 2+ hurricane, though. Especially not the +. If there's boats flying over the treeline without human assistance it's probably time to shelter instead of stroll.

... you're probably okay in a cat 1 if you stay well away from trees. Just not much stronger than that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196468 on: August 25, 2021, 11:46:18 am »

I live in Michigan, so I'm protected from real hurricane force winds. I always thought it'd be fun to be a news reporter covering storms though. Twister was a fun movie, after all.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196469 on: August 25, 2021, 01:58:29 pm »

The issue with only needing 21 credits to graduate but 3 semesters to do so is that you need to find filler courses to be a full-time student.

However, that means I can take a Paleontology course I JUST found out about to do that  :D
Pages: 1 ... 13096 13097 [13098] 13099 13100 ... 13326