Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13095 13096 [13097] 13098 13099 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15867921 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196440 on: August 21, 2021, 07:26:19 pm »

some veggie tacos from you-know-where. 
I don't, where was it? :3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196441 on: August 21, 2021, 07:44:10 pm »

I just feel like such a shill for Taco Bell (tm) (r) sometimes.  People slam a bunch of black beans and sour cream then act surprised when they get a tummy ache!  I blame their low, low prices resulting in overly large orders (not even completely kidding).

Anyway one of my favorite streamers randomly rated them S tier last night so I guess I'm correct after all, ha!  Validation!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196442 on: August 21, 2021, 08:13:01 pm »

Taco Bell's good if you don't have access to something better!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196443 on: August 23, 2021, 02:25:51 pm »

You mean literally anything?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196444 on: August 23, 2021, 02:45:19 pm »

Also caught a 95% perfect Wooloo, and I hear tonight is a blue moon!

So I had to look up why Aug 22 is considered a blue moon when it's not the second full moon in the calendar month.  Apparently there was an older definition of blue moon where "the third full moon in a season that has four full moons instead of the usual three is a blue moon."

So the internet in its usual baffling wisdom found a rule that was superseded by time, then went back suddenly to the original meaning, confusing the vast majority of people (like myself) who grew up in the era where it was the "newer" definition.

Now you know!
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196445 on: August 23, 2021, 03:06:07 pm »

I literally just thought the moon would be blue
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196446 on: August 23, 2021, 03:16:28 pm »

Also caught a 95% perfect Wooloo, and I hear tonight is a blue moon!

So I had to look up why Aug 22 is considered a blue moon when it's not the second full moon in the calendar month.  Apparently there was an older definition of blue moon where "the third full moon in a season that has four full moons instead of the usual three is a blue moon."

So the internet in its usual baffling wisdom found a rule that was superseded by time, then went back suddenly to the original meaning, confusing the vast majority of people (like myself) who grew up in the era where it was the "newer" definition.

Now you know!
That's an interesting theory, but actually it was a blue moon because my mother said so.  Common mistake!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196447 on: August 23, 2021, 04:54:19 pm »

So that's how blue moons work. Huh.

I'm gonna need someone to walk me through what goes on with new moons, though. Like, where do they keep coming from?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196448 on: August 23, 2021, 05:08:54 pm »

I'm with vec, here. Lived my life under the impression blue moon was a literal term, referencing the odd situations where atmospheric conditions caused the moon to appear blue.

... going to keep living that life, too, 'cause if the moon's not actually blue everything about the old saying "once in a blue moon" becomes far less impactful. This once a season thing y'all are talking about is calumnious horseshit, and I'll have nothing of it!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #196449 on: August 23, 2021, 05:37:59 pm »

I guess pointing out that it is 7 times in 19 years won't make any difference, so I'll refrain from that  :P.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196450 on: August 23, 2021, 05:56:25 pm »

you could say that it's once in a blue moon

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #196451 on: August 23, 2021, 08:13:54 pm »

I spent the last 30 minutes to an hour of the game having a heart-to-heart with "Gerald". He had the perfect cover, once he had taken care of his crimes. The post-game discussion was... interesting, to say the least.

I love Space Station 13, because of moments like these. When a story just... naturally shows up on your door, so perfectly made. I started out as just a drunk Civilian, who would go to the bar, drunk until unconsciousness took over, get dragged to medbay, and go back to the bar once I could stagger my way out of medbay awake, without getting caught by the doctors.

Over time, I started talking to the Bartender more and more, and as I did, I began to drink less and less. We had a heart to heart, about how we both wanted to leave the station, and how much we hated it, how much the people drove us crazy. Eventually, he had to go, so he went into a long-term cryo, and I went to the medbay to get surgery before I died of liver failure. He left the keys of the bar in the hands of one of the other regulars, and gradually, the two of us began to chat, about life, about alcohol, about addiction and toxic relationships. Then, he put a revolver on the bar. He had an offer. Russian roulette, just the two of us. My character, a homesick suicidal Irish drunk, was simultaneously excited and deeply reluctant. He went first. He pulled the trigger, and the bullet took out half of his brain and skull when it went through to the other side of his head.

As I lay there, having a mental breakdown over what just happened, an old man in a wheelchair showed up, and gave me a cup of hot chocolate. We talked, for a while. He asked me my name, which was Cormac, and I asked him his, which was "Gerald". We talked. And talked. And talked. We agreed on a lot of topics. My character had prosthetics on all his limbs, and we discussed the ways we had lost the use of our respective body parts. I thought he was paralyzed from the waist down. But the original Gerald had no legs, as I discovered after the round was long over.

As the spiders spread through the ship, and in turn the rest of the crew began to hunt them down, we evacuated to the emergency shuttle. His health deteriorated rapidly. I tried to get help, but there was a disease in the air, and the medics were already out of cures. There was an explosion at the front end of the ship. And another at the back. He panicked, he began to talk about how he was going to die, about how this was the end. I comforted him, or tried to, and told him that it would be okay, that we would be at Central Command soon and they would have better facilities. As the ship was torn apart and people died around us, I told him that I was glad I met him. He said that he was as well.

But then, as the ship came into dock, he looked me in the eyes... and he said "NOT REALLY, BECAUSE I'M A CHANGELING!"

This is what I came to SS13 for, half a decade ago. This is what I play this game for, to this day. It just made me so happy, that this tiny story had arisen from the game. I talked to the Changeling, and even the original Gerald, after the game on the server's Discord. I'm glad I took part in that game, for so many reasons, on so many levels. It... it just genuinely filled me with joy, that story did. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196452 on: August 23, 2021, 09:00:21 pm »

What the fuck is Space Station 13

(Googles)

:[] this looks amazing

(browses)

THERES A BAY12 SERVER???
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 09:03:41 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196453 on: August 23, 2021, 09:06:40 pm »

It really is!  And the interface isn't that hard to pick up, particularly if you're used to classic games.
She/they

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196454 on: August 23, 2021, 09:54:15 pm »

I'm observing SS13 8>

EDIT: I was observing, then the game ended, I think? Imma choose what is a seemingly easy thing to be and give it a go, sorry if I bork up the RP aspects by accident or something.

I played and it was great fun.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 12:53:49 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 13095 13096 [13097] 13098 13099 ... 13326