Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10667 10668 [10669] 10670 10671 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753671 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #160020 on: July 05, 2015, 01:45:36 pm »

It is pretty much is the Borrowers. And nothing made by Studio Ghilbi should be called weeb. Now apologize! Apologize to Miyazaki! Apologize to Humanity! >:(

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160021 on: July 05, 2015, 01:50:58 pm »

Studio Ghilbi
Huh, looking at the video I thought it might be, but I didn't know about the thing where they distribute through other studios.
I'm still not going to apologise, but you can at least take this as a statement of regret.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #160022 on: July 05, 2015, 01:55:10 pm »

"Small" is more of an in-joke with the people I talk to back there--they're all near 6 foot in height. @_@
And I'm just near 5.
5 centimetres.
Footage of Tiruin's daily life.
Is that The Borrowers for weebs?
Youtube link. :(
But I am happy that it may be comedic. (Could I know what it is? x_x)
Because if its anime or something, that would make me squee. If its one of the classic animations, then its more like a squee-eak! ♥
Love them ol' animations.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160023 on: July 05, 2015, 02:07:38 pm »

"Small" is more of an in-joke with the people I talk to back there--they're all near 6 foot in height. @_@
And I'm just near 5.
5 centimetres.
Footage of Tiruin's daily life.
Is that The Borrowers for weebs?
Youtube link. :(
But I am happy that it may be comedic. (Could I know what it is? x_x)
Because if its anime or something, that would make me squee. If its one of the classic animations, then its more like a squee-eak! ♥
Love them ol' animations.
It sure looks like anime. Something called "Arrietty".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160024 on: July 05, 2015, 02:08:50 pm »

It's a clip from Arietty, which apparently is very much an animated adaptation of The Borrowers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160025 on: July 05, 2015, 02:14:38 pm »

It sure looks like anime. Something called "Arrietty".
It's a clip from Arietty, which apparently is very much an animated adaptation of The Borrowers.
* Tiruin reads...then comes across the word 'Ghibli'...then reads back.
* Tiruin squee-aks.
MIYAZAKI! ♥
Thanks guys! :))
Thanks Reelya!
Something new to look forward to in the future.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160026 on: July 05, 2015, 02:17:22 pm »

It's called The Borrower Arrietty, in Japan anyways. It called The Secret World of Arrietty in english, presumably because of Copyright issues.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #160027 on: July 05, 2015, 02:18:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160028 on: July 05, 2015, 02:27:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wonder if the Looney Tunes are still on Tv ._.

Also I'm happy that I have caek on the forum timezone.
Hooray timezone :P
Late by 11 hours, but still fabulous cake.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #160029 on: July 05, 2015, 05:08:29 pm »

I think, in the US at least, old looney toons cartoons are still playing on Boomerang, which is, like, the other half of Cartoon Network where everything worth watching goes to die.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #160030 on: July 05, 2015, 05:52:52 pm »

The situation has only been made better with the addition of yet more beer!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160031 on: July 05, 2015, 05:53:42 pm »

K, gonna go stand in Lidl by the peanut butter and remind everyone going through that they are inexcusably evil. Also anywhere that sells electronics, clothes, animal products, diamonds...
Being part of modern human society in general is being evil, really. There are just different degrees of evilness.
This is true, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to minimise your evil deeds, nor is being a good person impossible. It just takes more hard work to be a good person, but that's how it's always been.

K, gonna go stand in Lidl by the peanut butter and remind everyone going through that they are inexcusably evil. Also anywhere that sells electronics, clothes, animal products, diamonds...
Being part of modern human society in general is being evil, really. There are just different degrees of evilness.
Yeah, but when picking up a bar of chocolate because you want something sweet makes you "inexcusably evil," you start to lose a certain sense of scaling.  If that's also inexcusably evil, how much worse is something that most people would typically qualify as being inexcusably evil? 
you could just be a zebra-seeing nerd and say that all evil is inexcusable

that's a thing
Inexcusable evil can be both minor and major. Inexcusable evil doesn't mean unforgivable evil, it just means the specific evil committed can't be justified.
Just as an example (please keep in mind that this example doesn't necessarily reflect my views), 9/11 was an inexcusable act of evil on bin Laden's part. There was no justification for doing it.
Now let's say that there would've been another 9/11, it would've been a hundred times worse, and it was completely unrelated to bin Laden's work. If bin Laden were to stop this new attack out of the goodness of his own heart and sacrifices much to do so, then he could be forgiven for his involvement in the original 9/11.
His original crime is still inexcusable and he shouldn't have done it, but it can still be forgiven.

Not all evil is inexcusable, however. There are two situation that come to mind that excuse evil: greater good and ignorance.

Greater good is simple. Kill one innocent person to save a hundred innocent people. You're committing an evil by killing the one person, but you're committing a great good by saving a hundred. Committing the evil was necessary to performing the greater good and so it can be excused. (Just an example. Does not necessarily reflect my views.)

Ignorance is different. If you shoot dead an innocent man because you think he's pulling a gun on you, you've committed an evil because you shot dead an innocent man. It's entirely forgiveable and excusable, however, because you just had no way of knowing that you were committing evil. This only applies when it's impossible to know if you're committing an evil act. Buying peanut butter from a company that cuts down rainforest is evil, but the evil can be excusable if it had a sticker on it saying it was rainforest-friendly.
It's not excusable if it had no such sticker and you're ignorant only because you failed to do research. If it didn't work this way, terrorists could not be considered evil as they thought they were doing good, despite being able to know that what they were doing was evil.
This is a bit more nuanced because of the multiple different factors (if it had no sticker, it was still environmentally-friendly, but then it stopped being without your knowledge, it's fine), but this is the basic idea.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:57:24 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160032 on: July 05, 2015, 06:49:50 pm »

Your consequence-focused rather than intention-focused morality does not align with my own, and that troubles me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #160033 on: July 05, 2015, 07:07:56 pm »

I think intention is the larfe part, but consequences should be considered too.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160034 on: July 05, 2015, 07:10:49 pm »

Intention is the most important part on what you consider good or evil. Consequences are just what society deems appropriate.
Pages: 1 ... 10667 10668 [10669] 10670 10671 ... 13325