Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10666 10667 [10668] 10669 10670 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755403 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #160005 on: July 05, 2015, 08:59:48 am »

I dunno, supporting drug cartels is fairly evil, assuming that's what you meant by "ingesting substances".
That's a... rather strange way of looking at things. O.o
Is eating peanut butter evil because you're supporting awful companies that tear down hundreds of acres of rainforest for palm oil plantations? The companies are evil, but calling anyone who eats non-organic palm oil-free peanut butter evil seems like a bit of a stretch...
If you gave bin Laden $10 and he gave you a jar of Nutella, you'd be supporting terrorism. Doing evil is doing evil, regardless of what you get out of it or how much you distance yourself from your actions. There's a difference between doing evil and being evil, of course, but supporting evil for nothing more than personal gain is inexcusable.
Is that a yes or a no?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160006 on: July 05, 2015, 09:23:27 am »

My DnD group just finished the first Chapter of the "Tyranny of Dragons: Hoard of the Dragon Queen" adventure...
It took us 3 nights over 3 weeks (only meeting up once a week) to finish it. They preformed so well for their first serious game with me as I had only just arrived a week or so before hand and ended up taking over as a DM at the Game Shop we met at. As they are still new I had been making special cards for them to look at as both inventory and other special actions including a special Character card that on the flipside had some info as well as a Initiative box they could fill in to help them get used to things and make doing battles quicker for me to set up with them...

They each have their quirks which are interesting to deal with, one is someone that plays the game super off rails all the time when he spends no attempts at attacking unless its the last option, rather choosing to "Distract" opponents while being a cleric (No in book mechanics for that). So been stuggling to help him do his thing cause I am still new to 5e but not DMing.

Another is a Hate to Lose kinda guy. Struggles to get the Roleplay bit of the Roleplaying Game part. But he is getting there, finally understanding that he doesn't have to throw on a voice or anything like that, but is still very "I roll dice" kinda guy. Had him fight the boss at the end of the chapter, he amazingly stood up the the challenge. Unfortunately it was one of those 1/100 chance of winning battles designed to make you hate the character. That part worked :P Still I feel like rewarding him with something. Currently looking for a good looking battlescar image to make a special card for him to have with the DMG's Injury ruling for it...

Oh and those interested, heres the cards I made for them;

Action Cards
Character Cards
Item Cards

EDIT: Scar Card made
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:42:29 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160007 on: July 05, 2015, 09:48:05 am »

I dunno, supporting drug cartels is fairly evil, assuming that's what you meant by "ingesting substances".
That's a... rather strange way of looking at things. O.o
Is eating peanut butter evil because you're supporting awful companies that tear down hundreds of acres of rainforest for palm oil plantations? The companies are evil, but calling anyone who eats non-organic palm oil-free peanut butter evil seems like a bit of a stretch...
If you gave bin Laden $10 and he gave you a jar of Nutella, you'd be supporting terrorism. Doing evil is doing evil, regardless of what you get out of it or how much you distance yourself from your actions. There's a difference between doing evil and being evil, of course, but supporting evil for nothing more than personal gain is inexcusable.
Is that a yes or a no?
Yes. ::)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160008 on: July 05, 2015, 09:51:13 am »

K, gonna go stand in Lidl by the peanut butter and remind everyone going through that they are inexcusably evil. Also anywhere that sells electronics, clothes, animal products, diamonds...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160009 on: July 05, 2015, 10:01:24 am »

well, people who shop at lidl tend to be inexcusably evil yes

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160010 on: July 05, 2015, 10:42:56 am »

Less inexcusably evil than tesco at least.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #160011 on: July 05, 2015, 10:55:32 am »

TIL I'm literally Hitler. And literally Stalin. At once.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160012 on: July 05, 2015, 10:56:02 am »

"Small" is more of an in-joke with the people I talk to back there--they're all near 6 foot in height. @_@
And I'm just near 5.
5 centimetres.
Footage of Tiruin's daily life.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160013 on: July 05, 2015, 10:58:15 am »

-Dnd stuff-
That's really cool! Glad it went well, and you seem to be doing a good job of DMing. :)
The cards are a nice touch.

K, gonna go stand in Lidl by the peanut butter and remind everyone going through that they are inexcusably evil. Also anywhere that sells electronics, clothes, animal products, diamonds...
Being part of modern human society in general is being evil, really. There are just different degrees of evilness.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #160014 on: July 05, 2015, 11:00:18 am »

TIL I'm literally Hitler. And literally Stalin. At once.
That's almost 6 whole picohitlers!
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #160015 on: July 05, 2015, 11:15:07 am »

Being part of modern human society in general is being evil, really. There are just different degrees of evilness.
Yeah, but when picking up a bar of chocolate because you want something sweet makes you "inexcusably evil," you start to lose a certain sense of scaling.  If that's also inexcusably evil, how much worse is something that most people would typically qualify as being inexcusably evil? 

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160016 on: July 05, 2015, 11:22:40 am »

you could just be a zebra-seeing nerd and say that all evil is inexcusable

that's a thing

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #160017 on: July 05, 2015, 01:28:37 pm »

Just got back from a three-day retreat/camp/thing. Leave your watch and any electronic device at the door, and then it's just three days of concentrated spiritual stuff and meditation. Also people giving you free stuff in abundance, and near-constant singing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #160018 on: July 05, 2015, 01:30:43 pm »

Random Riverside concert over the radio is random. These guys could use a pretension adjustment, but they can write catchy riffs for a prog band.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160019 on: July 05, 2015, 01:30:52 pm »

"Small" is more of an in-joke with the people I talk to back there--they're all near 6 foot in height. @_@
And I'm just near 5.
5 centimetres.
Footage of Tiruin's daily life.
Is that The Borrowers for weebs?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 10666 10667 [10668] 10669 10670 ... 13325