Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781111 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #14835 on: August 02, 2010, 07:49:02 am »

Good on you, but there are a lot of people with that drive crawling around the internet.  They usually mad.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14836 on: August 02, 2010, 07:53:37 am »

When instinctive desires and complete inability to attain them collide, the result isn't always pretty.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14837 on: August 02, 2010, 08:00:08 am »

Well, that's how it is with herd mentality and instinct. A group of people and/or the media pimps something out as important, and most people find themselves caught up in it. Relationships, weight loss, fashion, ect. The worst part is that for all their obsessing over these things for social status, most of them are of very little value to your life. That's how I see it, anyway.

The whole "must get a girlfriend before anything else" attitude really gets on my nerves, though. Bay 12 may indeed be the first forum I've seen with a life advice area where there is actual life advising going on, instead of a million "How to tell this girl I like her?" threads.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: August 02, 2010, 08:02:42 am »

Granted, there are still alot of threads like that.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: August 02, 2010, 08:04:11 am »

Yes, but not every one is like that. It's a big step up.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: August 02, 2010, 08:46:28 am »

Argl Brgl anime stuff.
I'm rather sure you finished watching that show anyway. You can't slip ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA! by without us noticing.

But yeah, never really felt compelled to have a relationship with a girl beyond friends. Didn't feel like something I needed, and the other kids who thought otherwise had poor excuses like it's practice for later(Bullshit, those young flings lasted less than a month), or that it's what everybody has(I don't need to explain this one).

But me? I feel happy today because three days ago I had one of those sudden inspirations for some project that has not gone away. Usually after a nights sleep I lose it, but it is still going strong. Now I just need to make it into reality.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #14841 on: August 02, 2010, 09:17:58 am »

The smell of fog makes me happy.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #14842 on: August 02, 2010, 09:56:37 am »

I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: August 02, 2010, 12:02:14 pm »

Wow, relationships.

By dint of general introversion and a decent amount of social awkwardness whenever I try to speak to people I haven't met before, no matter who they are, I've only ever had two girlfriends. One relationship ended when her family moved to America, and the next... did not end half as well.

And now I've got the honest feeling that I'm not that bothered any more. Not apathetic, I mean actually not caring one way or the other. Hey, if it happens again, great! If I  can avoid doing whatever I did to fuck up the last relationship.
But if not, then I'm not going to beat myself up over it, or start trying to seduce every girl I know/meet.

I'd really rather have good-friends-who-are-girls than girlfriends, if it comes down to just those two options.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14844 on: August 02, 2010, 12:09:11 pm »

Dammit, why all the talk about relationships, I don't need this shit.  I blew an online date, and I've been busy as fuck since, and I don't want to hear it, fuck.  Fuck.

Argl Brgl anime stuff.
I'm rather sure you finished watching that show anyway. You can't slip ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA! by without us noticing.

Nope, forgot about watching it, and that was a while ago.  I think I watched like six episodes and I remember nothing about them except what show it was.

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA!!!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #14845 on: August 02, 2010, 12:13:52 pm »

I know I'm a page late, but the stuff you people thing about relationships and "friend zones" sickens me.

Everyone in a real relationship, raise your hand.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #14846 on: August 02, 2010, 12:18:50 pm »

Dammit, why all the talk about relationships, I don't need this shit.  I blew an online date, and I've been busy as fuck since, and I don't want to hear it, fuck.  Fuck.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There is no such thing as a friendzone, you're either ugly, annoying (to her), or she just plain doesnt like you. Or maybe you took the wrong approach, some girls would rather be close friends than date you. Sometimes you just have to try harder.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: August 02, 2010, 12:22:27 pm »

Fuck you Huesoo.  When I say "online date", I met we met with online dating service, i.e. both of us specifically trying to meet people we didn't already know.  And where it went wrong is that we had absolutely nothing in common, despite our whopping three matching interest tags.  And I'm more than happy with it going horribly, because I don't want to have anything to do with her after having met her.  That's how that shit works.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14848 on: August 02, 2010, 12:26:31 pm »

I've been married eight years. So I have utterly no idea how the whole "relationship" thing works.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #14849 on: August 02, 2010, 12:27:37 pm »

Fuck you Huesoo.  When I say "online date", I met we met with online dating service, i.e. both of us specifically trying to meet people we didn't already know.  And where it went wrong is that we had absolutely nothing in common, despite our whopping three matching interest tags.  And I'm more than happy with it going horribly, because I don't want to have anything to do with her after having met her.  That's how that shit works.

Sorry I thought you meant you met her on a dating website and somehow went on a virtual date. I was trying to point out how those tend to fail alot and that dating someone online is a joke. Didnt mean to offend you, just trying to make fun of those who have a boyfriend or girlfriend online. Sorry.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 13325