Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8587 8588 [8589] 8590 8591 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753435 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: [┐(‘~`;)┌] The burritos are still gone. (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #128820 on: May 11, 2014, 04:40:20 pm »

And there was drinking and there was wiping of the hands on the pants, a sixth snack.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128821 on: May 11, 2014, 04:45:06 pm »

And on the next day his cup did over floweth with a tide of flavour which swept across the land, taking in its midst Greiger, who of little size made little protest.

So was the sabbath made, a day or rest, a day of food, a day of flavour.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128822 on: May 11, 2014, 04:45:35 pm »

As with music, almost anything that isn't romance or a mixture of some cool thing with romance in a horrible fashion. (I'm looking at you, Titanic/Twilight.)

However, my favourite would be fantasy type adventure, magic etc. Perhaps action, too?

Attack on Titan

D&D-style adventurey magic is extremely uncommon in anime, since it's more of a European-derived cultural thing. The only Tolkienesque anime I'm personally familiar with is Record of Lodoss War, which is old but still one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 04:47:30 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128823 on: May 11, 2014, 04:46:28 pm »

Yeah, that's a decent enough place to start.
Attack on Titan, why not.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128824 on: May 11, 2014, 04:47:59 pm »

Speaking of anime, I've been thinking of trying it out. Can anyone direct me to a good beginners anime?
Anything by Studio Ghibli (Miyazaki). They're all movies, so not in the serialized style of most anime, but I think most westerners got turned on to anime through those films.
Otherwise I would say you could try Spice and Wolf. It doesn't really rely on Japanese culture as much as, say, a slice of life anime, and it's more lighthearted than your average shonen anime. I usually like to call it the bridge between shoujo and shonen, but it would probably be a good introduction to anime, as well.

However, my favourite would be fantasy type adventure, magic etc. Perhaps action, too?
Princess Mononoke, Spice and Wolf, Fullmetal Alchemist. FMA has some feels though, so be prepared for that. It's also more of a 1930s/40s setting than fantasy but there's plenty of magic.

Yeah, that's a decent enough place to start.
Attack on Titan, why not.
Ah, no. Bad place to start IMO.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128825 on: May 11, 2014, 04:53:28 pm »

As with music, almost anything that isn't romance or a mixture of some cool thing with romance in a horrible fashion. (I'm looking at you, Titanic/Twilight.)

I am so very tempted to recommend something very inappropriate in the hope that you do no research before watching :p
But since I try to be a good person, I won't.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #128826 on: May 11, 2014, 04:54:12 pm »

and people who say you get insights on acid are bullshitting you, it's nothing special. at best, it makes you think about things you wouldn't otherwise but that's only because in normal times, those things are fucking obvious and no one would normally spend 30 minutes running it over in their mind until it turns into a enormous mess and out pops a weird insight.
I've had some really dumb insights about cats, but I've also had some insights about myself that have caused me to change my behavior for the better. It's not a consistent thing and it's definitely not something that happens super frequently, but it definitely happens.

And do you know how much you took? Because I've taken enough that I absolutely was not fully aware of what's going on around me.
Always keep in mind how much you took, and pay attention to any method of time tracking, be it a regular rhythmic beat or a clock. You have no idea how much those little nuggets of information help when the rest of your senses start going AWOL.

Funny thing about that 30-minute thing, at least according to my experiences I've suffered personal levels of time dialation which makes that half-hour feel like a few hours, mind you, talking about something just as absurd. My topics usually involve existentialism of sorts, like regarding time travel: Is the travel method relative or absolute, and by what means are you executing said travel (Reality/dimension traveling (or Sliding) with an offset by the time variable? FTL (or Doc Brown method)? Close your eyes really hard and believe?)? Does it guarantee you'll stay on the same planet, but at a different time in the same exact place relative to the planet and it's rotation, instead of absolutely by reality (meaning all time travelers Stephen Hawking invited died in space (or buried inside a mountain or wandering asteroid)) at a single point of time, and there's a perfectly good reason why nobody attended, and how Hawking was proved time travel doesn't work. (hint: you forgot to consider absolute-space-travel where time is concerned, jackass. Universe, galaxy, system, and planet. Keep those variables in mind.))?

Mind you, the sense of humor and silly, yet, good points, is a frequent occurrence with me under that state.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 04:57:22 pm by Itnetlolor »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128827 on: May 11, 2014, 04:55:49 pm »

I am so very tempted to recommend something very inappropriate in the hope that you do no research before watching :p
That wasn't quite what I meant by action.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128828 on: May 11, 2014, 04:58:27 pm »

Can you be any more specific about tone, tropes, the sort of stuff you want to see? Also, you might want to report to the anime thread, there's a lot more people who will be able to help you there :]
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128829 on: May 11, 2014, 05:00:20 pm »

"Yes, Boku no Pico is an amazing anime and you should watch it right now without looking it up at all."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128830 on: May 11, 2014, 05:01:23 pm »

FMA has some feels though, so be prepared for that. It's also more of a 1930s/40s setting than fantasy but there's plenty of magic.
Alchemy isn't magic, it's science, mankind cannot get anything without giving something of equal value in return, this is the principle of equivalent exchange.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128831 on: May 11, 2014, 05:03:04 pm »

FMA has some feels though, so be prepared for that. It's also more of a 1930s/40s setting than fantasy but there's plenty of magic.
Alchemy isn't magic, it's science, mankind cannot get anything without giving something of equal value in return, this is the principle of equivalent exchange.
Magic? Science? Where I come from they are one and the same.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #128832 on: May 11, 2014, 05:03:27 pm »

Unrelated:  Eating pizza flavored pringles.  They seem light on the flavoring but not too bad.  Halfway down the canister I find a single chip that has to be at least 50% flavoring by weight, it is more red than the yellow of the chip.

I have traded a little bit of flavoring on the other chips for the opportunity to experience God's own pringle.  It was good.

Those superflavored pringles are absolutely delicious. Pretty sure pringles or doritos or someone capitalized on that and made entire bags of over-seasoned chips to sell.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #128833 on: May 11, 2014, 05:04:03 pm »

Don't forget energy expense to trigger the reaction, as the first anime disturbingly explains how that works.

Spoiler: Actual Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:11:54 pm by Itnetlolor »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128834 on: May 11, 2014, 05:06:02 pm »

I think the second one also tells you where it comes from, but in a much more vague and pretty much unimportant way.

That said, I think Full metal alchemist is definitely a pretty good anime, even if you don't like anime a ton.
Pages: 1 ... 8587 8588 [8589] 8590 8591 ... 13325