Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8585 8586 [8587] 8588 8589 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754357 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [┐(‘~`;)┌] The burritos are still gone. (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #128790 on: May 11, 2014, 04:56:55 am »

What?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #128792 on: May 11, 2014, 04:59:01 am »

X-COM: ENEMY UNKNOWN COMPLETE

I hate to say this, but some part of me was kind of disappointed... I think the game's strong suit is when it's throwing things at you and you have no clue what the fuck this new enemy does, and after you're at all familiar with the layouts, loadouts, and environmental damage it's kind of straightforward. This was my second try all on one save, normal mode or whatever. Not Ironman, but still a restriction. I had some really shitty non-synthesizing character builds and a lot of options I never ended up using, and the final mission was still pretty darn easy.

I'll probably take a break to beat some other games I have lying around, and then I'll dip into X-Com: Enemy Within. I'm curious about the updates.

Havce you given a try to the original (or rather, it's remake as Openxcom)?. I think you won't be disappointed. It's more replayable, IMO. And harder. Albeit less intuitive, combat-wise (Cover, in particular. I liked how they streamlined cover in X-COM enemy unknown)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #128793 on: May 11, 2014, 04:59:39 am »

I hate to say this, but some part of me was kind of disappointed... I think the game's strong suit is when it's throwing things at you and you have no clue what the fuck this new enemy does, and after you're at all familiar with the layouts, loadouts, and environmental damage it's kind of straightforward. This was my second try all on one save, normal mode or whatever. Not Ironman, but still a restriction. I had some really shitty non-synthesizing character builds and a lot of options I never ended up using, and the final mission was still pretty darn easy.

I'll probably take a break to beat some other games I have lying around, and then I'll dip into X-Com: Enemy Within. I'm curious about the updates.

Havce you given a try to the original (or rather, it's remake as Openxcom)?. I think you won't be disappointed. It's more replayable, IMO. And harder. Albeit less intuitive, combat-wise (Cover, in particular. I liked how they streamlined cover in X-COM enemy unknown)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #128794 on: May 11, 2014, 05:04:28 am »

I'm using Google Chrome mostly because it synchronizes with my iOS Chrome app, but maybe I might try out other browsers at some point. It's kind of unnecessary for me, though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128795 on: May 11, 2014, 05:05:36 am »

I use Google Chrome because Internet Explorer annoys me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128796 on: May 11, 2014, 05:15:00 am »

Happy Mother's day and stuff.
Didn't have the money to buy my mother a gift, but she's happy just to see me so that's good. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128797 on: May 11, 2014, 05:24:16 am »

Long war mod
Kgo
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 05:32:55 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128798 on: May 11, 2014, 05:25:03 am »

Met two old friends again. Much fun was had, and we'll probably have a barbeque in the summer. Not-so-happy: I accidentally gave a 50% tip that night. I wasn't even that drunk!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #128799 on: May 11, 2014, 06:01:20 am »

Met two old friends again. Much fun was had, and we'll probably have a barbeque in the summer. Not-so-happy: I accidentally gave a 50% tip that night. I wasn't even that drunk!
On the plus side: You created a happy for someone else :D
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #128800 on: May 11, 2014, 10:23:15 am »

Hiked 15km today.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #128801 on: May 11, 2014, 11:50:43 am »

I'm going to make an effort to type proper-like here.

you'll know why this is an effort right here

LSD is a fuck-weird drug

like, you hear it described as "seeing stuff", and that's what you think when you hear "hallucinagenic", but... it's not? :I at worst, it just makes you not-sense things. Like i didn't trust myself walking into the road until I saw the light change, because while I knew I could see the light change and trust that, I couldn't trust the fact that I couldn't see any cars on the road?

and I feel like a marionette, like I'm moving my limbs with a puppets strings, action-at-a-distance.

And finally, if you ever are with someone on acid, know this: they know exactly what's going on around them, they're exactly the same person as they normally are, they just think everything's fucking cool and hilarious. They'll remember anything you do or say, so don't think that it's "all cool, they're just high, they won't remember jack-all".

and people who say you get insights on acid are bullshitting you, it's nothing special. at best, it makes you think about things you wouldn't otherwise but that's only because in normal times, those things are fucking obvious and no one would normally spend 30 minutes running it over in their mind until it turns into a enormous mess and out pops a weird insight.

which I guess means the same thing as acid = new insights :/ whatever, fuck you

note to future descan : fuck you I couldn't make an effort for shit "proper-like" go fuck yourself, me >:I
Basically, what you're saying is that LSD gives off a high similar to getting stoned by any other drug, like pot, it's just a more intense version of it with a similar dosage level. Sounds like I would have a similar reaction to the stuff as just about anything else that's been put into my system (just getting the experience off my bucket list). I'd just end up using it as another means of meditation; but mostly because I like how my mind wanders under an altered state (of course, keeping in mind, my surroundings). I find it funny how so many people I know want to witness me under the influence of anything like this, because they'd assume I would have a freakout or something. Unfortunately, for them, my brain is chaos at all times, so if anything, it'll probably act like another equalizer with my system, and I would have another avenue for my mind to wander down to keep me busy.

I think for what it's worth, drug influence and people hallucinating and such, all it really is is that when people grow up, they generally shut off their imagination or open-mindedness (as a sort of obligation to growing old; kinda why growing up is optional to me in that regard) or something, and drug influence unlocks what has essentially been put in the back-burner for far too long, and thus would freak anyone out when it suddenly hits them again to levels forgotten long ago. Basically, imagination hitting with the intensity that was once regular to when one was a child; in other words, sometimes set to 11 out of the blue, whereas when the subject is a grown up adult, taking responsibility and so forth, that setting is below 3 on average; and realizing that your childlike imagination was weirder than you previously thought, and that's where the freakout occurs. The disparity of the right brain use makes up for lost time in full-force, and that's where these freakout incidents are rumored to occur.

That's as far as my understanding goes, at least. I could be wrong. But based on one experience or another, this is what I noticed, at least, within myself. In a manner of speaking, it's nice to know that I'm still in good terms with my inner-child.

EDIT:
The movie "Hook" sorta comes to mind in regards to this. Peter Pan grew up to be an adult, then when things started getting weird again, he felt extremely out of place in an environment in which he ruled with an iron fist within in a past life (spending a fair lifetime as a child within). He had to revert to a childlike state again, and because he was a grown up adult for far too long, being a lawyer and all, he was unprepared for his old life hitting him again in full-force. I guess you can sorta say that Neverland in itself is a major drug trip encountered by everyone in the movie. Kinda like Wonderland's more sane, yet still unusual, cousin. Now Wonderland, Alice was under some heavy shit there.

Kinda reminds me, I did beat American McGee's Alice, and I still have Madness Returns in my backlog of games. I ought to jump back in there, and see what Wonderland's been up to post-1st game. I hope it's trippier than the original, and still enjoyable to play through.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:47:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128802 on: May 11, 2014, 01:02:07 pm »

hehehehehe

Thank you guys~ I am looking forward to X-Comming the night again once more <3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #128803 on: May 11, 2014, 01:06:58 pm »

and people who say you get insights on acid are bullshitting you, it's nothing special. at best, it makes you think about things you wouldn't otherwise but that's only because in normal times, those things are fucking obvious and no one would normally spend 30 minutes running it over in their mind until it turns into a enormous mess and out pops a weird insight.

I've had some really dumb insights about cats, but I've also had some insights about myself that have caused me to change my behavior for the better. It's not a consistent thing and it's definitely not something that happens super frequently, but it definitely happens.

And do you know how much you took? Because I've taken enough that I absolutely was not fully aware of what's going on around me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 8585 8586 [8587] 8588 8589 ... 13325