Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6992 6993 [6994] 6995 6996 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768569 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #104896 on: May 04, 2013, 03:25:07 am »

I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying.
Awesome.
Although now I'm drawn back to my rage about how that movie's message goes contrary to science by saying 'it was only a matter of time until they escaped so we shouldn't clone dinosaurs hurr' when it took an inside man high up in the organization shutting down every security measure and the biologists in charge of recontructing the DNA not knowing that the frog DNA they used could change from female to male to cause the dinos to pose any kind of threat.
I mean seriously. The glasses guy can stutter about the sanctity of life and the natural order and all that sentimentalist bull, but why did nobody blame the incompetent biologists who picked DNA from frogs that have been known to switch from female to male when their entire policy revolved around keeping all the dinos female in order to not have them reproduce?! Unless all frogs can do that, that is a serious oversight that the movie just glossed over.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104897 on: May 04, 2013, 03:27:50 am »

Pro-tip: Don't look for accurate science (or accurate anything, sometimes) in a Hollywood blockbuster. Nine times out of ten, you'll be disappointed :P

Just admire the amazing CGI and suspend disbelief for a couple of hours.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #104898 on: May 04, 2013, 03:33:00 am »

Awesome.
Although now I'm drawn back to my rage about how that movie's message goes contrary to science by saying 'it was only a matter of time until they escaped so we shouldn't clone dinosaurs hurr' when it took an inside man high up in the organization shutting down every security measure and the biologists in charge of recontructing the DNA not knowing that the frog DNA they used could change from female to male to cause the dinos to pose any kind of threat.
I mean seriously. The glasses guy can stutter about the sanctity of life and the natural order and all that sentimentalist bull, but why did nobody blame the incompetent biologists who picked DNA from frogs that have been known to switch from female to male when their entire policy revolved around keeping all the dinos female in order to not have them reproduce?! Unless all frogs can do that, that is a serious oversight that the movie just glossed over.
Well, the entire reproduction system wasn't even problematic. After all, they gave the dinos a hereditary vitamin deficit or something.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #104899 on: May 04, 2013, 03:34:48 am »

Pro-tip: Don't look for accurate science (or accurate anything, sometimes) in a Hollywood blockbuster. Nine times out of ten, you'll be disappointed :P
Yeah, but now it's like anti-science propaganda. "Man should not play god" or something like that.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #104900 on: May 04, 2013, 03:38:12 am »

Yeah, but now it's like anti-science propaganda. "Man should not play god" or something like that.
I thought it was pretty good at conveying the "Dinosaurs are awesome" message.  Which is frankly the only reason we have to bring them back.

Not that we can, sadly enough.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104901 on: May 04, 2013, 03:38:31 am »

Mmph. Might have a point there, but that's a pretty common message. All the way back to the Frankenstein days and up to today. I don't tend to look for messages in my silly 2-3 hour entertainment anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104902 on: May 04, 2013, 03:39:43 am »

That was what I was more butthurt about than anything else. Why the hell should I not ressurect dinosaurs and put them on a private island if I'm rich enough to do it? 'Man should not mess with the way of things?' 'It is not our place?' Fuck your morals, I have science!
Sig! Onol

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #104903 on: May 04, 2013, 03:41:04 am »

Mmph. Might have a point there, but that's a pretty common message. All the way back to the Frankenstein days and up to today. I don't tend to look for messages in my silly 2-3 hour entertainment anyway.
I guess it's just a "Sorcerers Apprentice" rehash
I thought it was pretty good at conveying the "Dinosaurs are awesome" message.  Which is frankly the only reason we have to bring them back.
They're dead. Can't be awesome and get yourself exterminated at the same time, in my book those are mutually exclusive :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104904 on: May 04, 2013, 03:42:23 am »

They're dead. Can't be awesome and get yourself exterminated at the same time, in my book those are mutually exclusive :)
Eh, it was by a giant space rock, I think we can exempt that.
Sig! Onol

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104905 on: May 04, 2013, 03:43:24 am »

Eh, it was by a giant space rock, I think we can exempt that.
Giant space rock causing worldwide devastation and the extinction of most life on Earth? That in itself is pretty damn awesome, even more so that life did survive.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #104906 on: May 04, 2013, 03:43:39 am »

So? Didn't they have a Bruce Willis equivalent?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104907 on: May 04, 2013, 03:44:37 am »

Did Bruce Willis ever survive the equivalent of a planetwide nuclaear holocaust minus the radiation?
Sig! Onol

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104908 on: May 04, 2013, 03:47:05 am »

No, but something else happened instead.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #104909 on: May 04, 2013, 04:02:24 am »

Fuck your morals, I have science!

Look!  I have proof that scientists are immoral!  They admit it themselves!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 6992 6993 [6994] 6995 6996 ... 13325