Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Diplomacy Live Games planning tread  (Read 1435 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Diplomacy Live Games planning tread
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 02:43:18 am »

This should probably be in the new subforum.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 04:21:34 am »

I'll play sometime if I'm not otherwise busy. Always wanted to try the boardgame version of this, but kept hearing horrible stories of friendships being destroyed and families being ruined.

Well it's a game about first world war politics and backstabbing is very much a part of that. If people can't handle that kind of thing, they shouldn't play in the first place.
I intensely dislike people like that, who feel that you screwing them over IN A BOARDGAME, somehow affects your real-life relationship.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 09:51:52 am »

sluissa, I'll add you to the list...
I'll play sometime if I'm not otherwise busy. Always wanted to try the boardgame version of this, but kept hearing horrible stories of friendships being destroyed and families being ruined.
Probably not worse than Pictionary... XD
This should probably be in the new subforum.
Wich?

Well it's a game about first world war politics and backstabbing is very much a part of that. If people can't handle that kind of thing, they shouldn't play in the first place.
I intensely dislike people like that, who feel that you screwing them over IN A BOARDGAME, somehow affects your real-life relationship.
Well... But a newb mistake is to feel that you need to be a backstabber...

Experienced and succesful players tend to be very trusthworthy because that will benefit them in the long run.  That doesn't mean they can occasionally display some trap but said tactic will usually involve absolutely winning the game.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.
Pages: 1 [2]