Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: The Ur-Quan Masters  (Read 16856 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: The Ur-Quan Masters
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2009, 11:22:48 am »

if
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
dies the cruiser can defend against probes with some practice.
Hello Hunam

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2009, 02:11:41 pm »

Yeah, but pretty much every other ship you get is superior to it. Just doesn't have enough speed to be a two shot pony. And if you have to fight anything other then a probe, your hosed.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2009, 03:12:07 pm »

I never had much trouble with the cruiser v the probes. Just take advantage of the AI taking advantage of the wrap around screen to juggle it back and forth at the screen edge and if it comes for you turning to face it normally sends it running so that it can try to come in at angle you aren't facing.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2009, 09:43:12 pm »

I never had much trouble with the cruiser v the probes. Just take advantage of the AI taking advantage of the wrap around screen to juggle it back and forth at the screen edge and if it comes for you turning to face it normally sends it running so that it can try to come in at angle you aren't facing.

I find cruiser's turning speed not quick enough... before I can scare the probe away it's already dancing all around me.

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2009, 04:12:53 am »

Yeah, but pretty much every other ship you get is superior to it. Just doesn't have enough speed to be a two shot pony. And if you have to fight anything other then a probe, your hosed.

the cruiser was the best one(aside from the Shofixti) for me to use on the probes, because they were just so damn expendable.... but i hardly ever lost a cruiser anyway....thank goodness for the gravity whip.... once you master that then you are set with cruisers.....

There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2009, 04:33:56 am »

the cruiser was the best one(aside from the Shofixti) for me to use on the probes, because they were just so damn expendable.... but i hardly ever lost a cruiser anyway....thank goodness for the gravity whip.... once you master that then you are set with cruisers.....

I used the cruiser in my first fight against a probe... the probe was spawned quite near, and I didn't have a chance. The probe closed in and danced all around me. I couldn't escape because it's faster, and I couldn't use nuclear missile because my turn rate was too slow (and thus could not scare it away). RNG also arranged an asteroid for the probe to recharge... The lightning killed me before I could deal enough damage with point defense laser.

If you are spawned far away then I can see you have a chance... otherwise it's too risky.

Edit:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:44:31 am by kcwong »

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2009, 04:05:48 am »

nice job!!

yeah, alot of the game is trial and error. but if you cant fight too well then you dont stand a chance....lol

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2009, 10:55:37 am »

I made my way to the upper right section of the map, and talked to this alien race...

Edit:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:16:23 am by kcwong »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2009, 11:49:03 am »

Here's a hint for you kcwong: They fell for party tricks once, they'll fall for party tricks again.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2009, 04:45:51 am »

I'm at the very last stage of the game now.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:56:45 am by kcwong »

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2009, 06:28:19 am »

the glory device was more of a joke in my opinion. tho it is good against the VUX, Thraddash, and Druuge,

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2009, 08:04:09 am »

I did it! I finished the game!

I'm really amazed about the power of the Pkunk Fury. I used only two in the final battle to clear everything up. With good piloting skill it's an extremely good ship.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2009, 07:22:03 pm »

If only there was a ship that had unlimited ammunition, and a 100% invulnerable shield that pretty much recharged itself indefinitely as long as it gets hit by the blobs...

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2009, 10:00:11 pm »

If only there was a ship that had unlimited ammunition, and a 100% invulnerable shield that pretty much recharged itself indefinitely as long as it gets hit by the blobs...

I can never time it correctly, and end up with no energy. -_-

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2009, 11:33:58 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7