Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I have charcoal and lignite but smelter won't offer turn Lignite to Coal job  (Read 3943 times)

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have charcoal and lignite but smelter won't offer turn Lignite to Coal job
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 04:53:39 pm »

OK so deleting the data/objects files didn't fix it, neither did embarking elsewhere on the same world.  I had to generate a completely new world and lignite works ok there.

I did a checksum on the file:  There's no difference in the contents of the reactions file whether I am playing the world where lignite works, or the one where it doesn't, or after I delete it and make it regenerate.

But at least I can fix it by starting over with a new world map.
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: I have charcoal and lignite but smelter won't offer turn Lignite to Coal job
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 10:51:15 pm »

Most likely cause is that the number of reactions was changed after generating the world. I know you said this is not the case, but are you certain you didn't do it by mistake? I've seen this happen with other reactions.

Hamster Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 01:46:06 pm »

ALL THAT MATTERS IS ITS FIXED also I told you so.
So there's that, as well. It looks like the only chronic problems that water can't cure are nausea and cave spider bites.
Which, coincidentally enough, can be cured by magma.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 09:13:46 pm »

ALL THAT MATTERS IS ITS FIXED also I told you so.

If we don't understand the cause, we can't prevent it from happening. The mentality you describe just leads to idiocy and dependence on others.

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 10:56:22 pm »

:-\  I think people are getting confused whether each reply is meant to refer to the original poster or the other person who had the same problem.   :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 01:37:22 am »

:-\  I think people are getting confused whether each reply is meant to refer to the original poster or the other person who had the same problem.   :P

How so?

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 10:23:08 am »

How so?

LOL I guess I must be the one who got confused then.
Pages: 1 [2]