Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: They came... from beneath the earth!  (Read 3780 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
They came... from beneath the earth!
« on: September 01, 2009, 11:01:22 pm »

I was busy depopulating a goblin town (this is in Dig Deeper), when I got shot in the face with an iron arrow. Naturally, I retreated to heal. When I came back, THIS happened:

Naked mole dogs from beneath the earth! They only attacked the goblins once I'd severely weakened their forces. They scattered as soon as they saw me, but I kept on getting combat-spam about Prisoners being grappled, necks (I made necks a [JOINT] for realism and awesomeness) being snapped, limbs being torn off, and suchlike.

Also:

Caped Crusaders came out of nowhere and started mauling humans and goblins! It was horrifying.

Later on, I realized that the fort was over a bottomless pit, but still: I'd like to know if this is the kind of thing that happens when a civ over a chasm or pit gets depopulated enough. Do the denizens of the deep rise up and attack the surface world?

Has this happened to anyone else?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: They came... from beneath the earth!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 08:34:00 am »

That is weird.  It happen to me, but only because I gave my character the [MAGICAL] tag (I thought it hadn't worked, but then suddenly began getting random combat spam).

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 06:46:55 pm »

I've arrived at forts and dark towers in the middle of a battle against the pit creatures. Before I'd even begun killing anyone.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 06:48:25 pm »

It is always awesome to stumble upon this. However, do note that every time you reenter the map, apparently new creatures spawn.

This could cause hordes for persistent adventurers.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 06:53:19 pm »

Hmm, I'm going to look for a chasm and see if it happens again.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 07:06:13 pm »

Restart restart restart.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 09:06:59 pm »

Actually, it seems every dark tower I go to has a chasm/bottomless pit..so it lags a LOT everytime I go to one.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 09:17:54 pm »

Are you sure you didn't put the [trEMORS] tag in there? Cause Just remember, sand worms easily kill cowboys.[/joke]

IronBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 03:39:49 pm »

My last fort I built with the endgame of producing very high-grade gear for an adventurer later. There was an exposed magma pipe right next to an exposed bottomless pit- I incorporated both into my fort's defenses.
I show up as an adventurer a little bit after abandonment, and the area is overrun with Batmen, Naked Mole Dogs, Troglodytes, and a couple Fire Imps. It gets better. Once I'd recovered the gear I wanted, I ran into a Giant Cave Spider on the bridge spanning the bottomless pit! But the monster's claws were no match for my armor.

So, it appears that magma and chasm creatures have a different manner of spawning in Adventure mode (not just with the practically-infinite numbers).

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 04:30:35 pm »

I once stopped world gen RIGHT in the middle of an elf/human war.... I was a human and got to fight a war against 400 elves as an adventurer.  By the time it was done the only humans left were me, a farmer, a guard who had no eyes and a priest, the priest was the only one sporting no wounds, he also had 40 kills, I had 39 DAMN.  After I left and came back all but the priest had moved and there was HUNDREDS of fire imps everywhere since the town was beside an open magma pipe.  The priest was fighting the fire imps and winning, two years later he's still alive with over 200 kills....
Nom nom nom

KaziArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 05:12:23 pm »

I once stopped world gen RIGHT in the middle of an elf/human war.... I was a human and got to fight a war against 400 elves as an adventurer.  By the time it was done the only humans left were me, a farmer, a guard who had no eyes and a priest, the priest was the only one sporting no wounds, he also had 40 kills, I had 39 DAMN.  After I left and came back all but the priest had moved and there was HUNDREDS of fire imps everywhere since the town was beside an open magma pipe.  The priest was fighting the fire imps and winning, two years later he's still alive with over 200 kills....
Please tell me you know this mans name

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 05:20:55 pm »

NO BUT I HAVE THE SAVE FILE!!!!
Nom nom nom

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 05:25:47 pm »

QUICK, CHECK. This priest fights with the holy power of [insert god here].

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 05:40:50 pm »

he actually has 6 objects of worship.......
Posa Shimmerglitter, object of worship
Thimeth the oily spark, object of worship
Sas, object of Ardent worship
Mubo, object of worship
Bekat the misty sun, object of worship
Sekur, object of casual worship.

Dunno why it's not showing his imp kills.... anyways he has 77 elf kills, before finally having an epic duel with Olova Wavedships, his smashed both the elfs feet and it's nose, hand and chest before he was killed by him.

This epic humans name is Acik agenonust Zicabdacapoce, "Acik Owltested the Revered Glad Dusts."
ON VANILLA DF

P.S. HE FIGHTS WITHOUT A WEAPON!!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 05:44:10 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 05:43:02 pm »

Sas, his most prized goddess, only had 10 worshippers, 4 of which had full names with All the titles......., one was an elf.... she died.
And this goddess, is depicted as a female human and is associated with FOOD!?!?!?
Nom nom nom
Pages: [1] 2 3