Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 251

Author Topic: Bay12's Desktops  (Read 389059 times)

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12's Desktops
« Reply #960 on: October 24, 2010, 01:41:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Might as well post my new desktop, which isn't just the picture I use for it this time!
Daww
I imaged that the one person is preparing to break the neck of the smaller (shorter?) one.

I thought it looked like a sleeper choke...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 24, 2010, 02:05:38 am »

Might as well post my new desktop, which isn't just the picture I use for it this time!
Daww
I imaged that the one person is preparing to break the neck of the smaller (shorter?) one.

I was just regaining a small bit of my faith in humanity. Then this. Of course this is Bay12 so to expect anything less is foolish... but how the hell do you get a sleeper choke and neck break out of one K-ON!! character hugging another...? Much less with Yui and Azusa who're practically canonically together...
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #962 on: October 24, 2010, 02:08:56 am »

Daww

I was just regaining a small bit of my faith in humanity. Then this. Of course this is Bay12 so to expect anything less is foolish... but how the hell do you get a sleeper choke and neck break out of one K-ON!! character hugging another...? Much less with Yui and Azusa who're practically canonically together...
Look at the positioning of the hands. She's about to snap that neck. To do that smiling like that sends a chill up my spine.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 24, 2010, 02:19:22 am »

Last time I hugged someone, I wasn't hugging their head.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 24, 2010, 02:21:28 am »

I still don't see it.
I see the hold, but I don't see the intent.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 24, 2010, 02:35:27 am »

My Desktop:

WARNING, MASSIVE!
I have 2 screens going on at once, stacked slightly on each other as shown to make exiting out of things easier.

EDIT: works now!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 03:02:48 am by Heliman »

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 24, 2010, 02:38:09 am »

Last time I hugged someone, I wasn't hugging their head.

I suppose you've a point but... just because she's hugging her a bit weird means she'll kill her...? I find that logic to be... inherently flawed. On so many levels. But as it's after 3 in the morning and in the interest of not martyring myself for a picture I won't bother to press the point, interpret it as you will then.
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 24, 2010, 02:49:17 am »

One hand on top of head, the other around the neck, she's tensing up for the twist, and the dark haired chick's face is one that says "I am about to die".

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 03:11:10 am by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 24, 2010, 07:41:17 am »

But the taller one doesn't look like she's trying to kill anyone.

like the wallpaper looks like a nebula/fractal hybrid
I found it deviant art, they have some pretty good stuff in the various wallpaper sections (Along with some hentai-ish stuff of course :-P).

just what from gnome are you using?
Metacity manages the windows, and like I said, I have a gnome panel hidden on top (I think I can replace it with pypanel or something). I've also got gvfs, which, along with libimobiledevice, allows me to mount my iPod on the desktop. I also use various tools from gnome, the terminal, nautilus, etc (They're configurable through a registry like interface, which is pretty cool if you ask me). Nautilus is also extremely extensible.

e, Chromium doesn't seem to like me very much.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 07:43:35 am by ILikePie »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 24, 2010, 11:16:12 am »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 24, 2010, 12:12:27 pm »

I'm a perfectly logical person.  Hugging a person's head isn't logical.  It's a dominance move.  You are prepositioned in such a way that you can kill a person in the easiest known method (martially.)  To me it's like pointing a gun at someone's head.  You may be doing some intentional "trust" exercise, but you still have my life in your hands.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:16:11 pm by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 24, 2010, 12:30:18 pm »

Except that, you know... comparing one rather... eccentric... (Not to mention about the furthest thing from homocidal ever. There are 5 year olds with more killing intent, as they try and burn ant-hills with magnifying glasses) girl hugging another in a weird way to pointing a gun at someones head is rather... uh, illogical. I won't try and deny that you're a mostly logical person, and I can also understand the odds are good you've never seen the anime so you don't have an understanding of Yuis personality... but believe me when I say that the scenario you're proposing has less of a chance of happening than there is a chance of a planet being able to support life in the universe. Which if I recall correctly was a very long string of 1 in 1 billion chances or something like that.

At any rate, moving on - new background, in the name of Halloween. I could probably find something darker but that'd be too much work when I already have this on-hand.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:31:56 pm by Yaaga »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 24, 2010, 12:35:37 pm »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 24, 2010, 12:43:35 pm »

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 24, 2010, 12:50:31 pm »

Is that... Link crossed with Captain Ahab?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 251