Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Stars! PBE  (Read 18491 times)

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
Re: Stars! PBE
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2009, 01:22:34 pm »

Goddammit I can't do anything right! Sending AGAIN.

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2009, 01:42:05 pm »

No problem dude, I could've just as easily started the game, I waited up because it wouldn't have been fair for you, besides, we agreed to not start until this evening. ;) Whenever you're ready.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 01:44:04 pm by Serefan »

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2009, 01:55:10 pm »

OK i've sent it. I'm getting excited, weirdly.

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2009, 02:17:45 pm »

And so, we're off. :D

Good luck everyone, I've never played with this many people before, so I'm predicting a massacre. ;D

Remember: Losing is fun. As bad as it gets, keep on playing 'till the others really get you on your knees. :D

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2009, 02:43:32 pm »

I just thought of something, I think everyone wants at least one turn a day, so I'd figure if I haven't got a turn by the end of the day, I put that player on AI for one turn, what do you guys think about that?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2009, 02:53:01 pm »

Good luck everyone, I've never played with this many people before, so I'm predicting a massacre. ;D

Hey this is the first game I've played against humans at all, I'm just hoping you all act like the AI does :)

I just thought of something, I think everyone wants at least one turn a day, so I'd figure if I haven't got a turn by the end of the day, I put that player on AI for one turn, what do you guys think about that?

I thought that was what the 48 hour limit was for? If you haven't done your turn by then it gets automatically generated or something. If you have everyone's turns before then there is no reason you can't generate even if it's only been a few hours or something.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2009, 03:00:32 pm »

Don't count on it Shades. Unless you've battled multiple hardest mode AI's, and even then it's a totally different gameplay.

I'm getting scared with these 6 guys around me. Especially since I've played with EagleV before, and he's a bastard lunatic in that game.

Also, if anyone feels like it's easier passing on files that way, you can add me on MSN if you like. Same address.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:03:08 pm by Serefan »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2009, 03:12:47 pm »

Don't count on it Shades. Unless you've battled multiple hardest mode AI's, and even then it's a totally different gameplay.

Oh well 'losing is fun' :) although maybe I should have gone with a less experimental race design.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2009, 03:13:34 pm »

Me, a bastard lunatic in that game?

I might be a bastard, and I might be a lunatic, but NOT, I repeat, NOT in that game  >:(

Also, good luck to all, and kiwi's to the winner.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2009, 03:19:40 pm »

Indeed, kiwi's for everyone.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2009, 03:28:39 pm »

Oh yeah, first turn sent. How very exciting!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2009, 03:47:01 pm »

Okay so what file(s) do I send back when I've done my turn? :)

Edit: RTFM

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2009, 04:27:44 pm »

First turn finished. Good luck, everyone.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2009, 04:42:05 pm »

I think i just sent my turn...

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2009, 05:06:40 pm »

Rysith is still out, IHO you too, I haven't received any .x file from you yet I think.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13