Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67335 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 2
« Reply #555 on: August 31, 2009, 02:05:31 pm »

I third the day ending.

Just so we're clear, if Kashyyk flips dopp then everyone does everything in their power to stop Webadict. If Kashyyk flips human DoT then Web is cleared 100% and everyone should role claim to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 31, 2009, 02:11:46 pm »

If Kashyyk flips dopp that doesn't make webadict 100% scum.  He could have been tricked by the DoT that came to him claiming town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 31, 2009, 02:17:34 pm »

If Kashyyk flips dopp that doesn't make webadict 100% scum.  He could have been tricked by the DoT that came to him claiming town.
I doubt he could be a dopp, unless he or another one of the Dopps were a DoT. He got my role exactly.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 31, 2009, 02:21:35 pm »

Which isn't out of the question , but the odds of a dopp DoT protecting a human warlock are pretty slim. I don't see what he would have to gain. In any case, i'm somewhat confident that kashyyk will turn up human, and if he doesn't then i'm not willing to take the risk on web.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 31, 2009, 02:45:06 pm »

I agree with ending the day early.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #560 on: August 31, 2009, 03:10:37 pm »

First, I agree with the day ending early and will unvote on the off chance of something very strange happening.  I'm still suspicious of BloodBeard, but we can deal with that after having a confirmed town base.

I'm still mildly opposed to the idea of purposefully lynching a relatively likely townie, no matter how much it helps us.  It just feels... off.  I don't have a better way to do it though, so I won't stand in the way.

I would still like to hear Kashyyk's opinion on this plan before actually pulling it off though.  Not that it will likely change anything, but just to hear it.

Second, I am more interested than I was in what Forsaken actually is.  If I'm reading the Dopp Hunter correctly, then both the the hunter and Forsaken will vanish and we won't be told the alignment / role of either.

Actually Mephansteras, can you confirm / deny that?  If a Dopp Hunter abducts a player, will we be told the Alignment or Role of either / both or will they both just be reported as missing the next morning?

I know that Forsaken is either personally a Medium or is in contact with one.  But what interests me is that he was acting suspiciously earlier, but some recent PMs with him feel more like a new player than scum.  Meh, either way, he's going to end up gone I guess.  I would just like to know...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 31, 2009, 03:17:53 pm »

Actually Mephansteras, can you confirm / deny that?  If a Dopp Hunter abducts a player, will we be told the Alignment or Role of either / both or will they both just be reported as missing the next morning?

When a Dopp Hunter alien abducts someone, they and the person they abduct leave the game that night. Since they are gone, both have their race/role revealed.

This is a bit different from the Alien Scientist, who has to abduct 3 people. In that case the race/role info is only given when he leaves with all 3 players.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #562 on: August 31, 2009, 03:21:10 pm »

Ah, thanks.  That's much better than I was expecting.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #563 on: August 31, 2009, 04:06:57 pm »

Just woke up. I agree, lets end the day and get this over with. :)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 31, 2009, 04:08:08 pm »

Yeah, end the Day.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 31, 2009, 04:44:03 pm »

I see I have broken the game...

oh well, if the town wins, then so be it.

unvote and if it is socially acceptable, vote kashyyk

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #566 on: August 31, 2009, 04:45:23 pm »

Maybe Meph added Jesters without telling anyone... :P

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 31, 2009, 07:29:04 pm »

Kashyyk, as I agree that it is the best plan available to us. And also, Vote day end

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 31, 2009, 07:30:44 pm »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: forsaken1111, Frelock, JanusTwoface, ToonyMan
Kashyyk: A_Fey_Dwarf, BloodBeard, Kashyyk, Mr.Person, NUKE9.13, Org, Rysith, RedWarrior0, muchenik, webadict, Xegeth

With Kashyyk resigned to die for the greater good, you end his life with a quick bullet to the brain. He falls to the ground, dead, and remains human. You check out his house, and find several books and religious artifacts that show that he was a Disciple of Truth. You ponder the ramifications of this as you head home.

Ok, since we got a lot of votes for the day to end, it is now Night 2. Send in your actions, people!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 3 dawns bright and dreary
« Reply #569 on: September 02, 2009, 01:52:31 pm »

You awaken the next morning to a light drizzle. After gathering at the court house you realize that Org, forsaken1111, and Mr.Person are all missing. You decide to go investigate before starting the day's trials.

You go first to Org's house. The door is locked, and you can't see any obvious entry points. Eventually you decide to just bust the door down. Inside you find Org dead with his throat slit, still in his bed. Looking around his house reveals that he was a Disciple of Truth, much like Kashyyk was. No other clues as to who did this or why, though.

At forsaken1111's house you find the door unlocked but the house otherwise undisturbed. There is no sign of him, but you do find evidence that indicates that he was a doppelganger Medium. Perhaps Mr.Person's house will have some clues.

There you find very little. The house is almost empty, with scant furniture and no personal effects.  You do find pictures of all of the townsfolk, however, and strange alien lettering scrawled on each one. Forsaken1111's picture is circled in red. Checking the Doppelgangers are Real! website gives you a suggestion. It seems that Aliens will sometimes hunt doppelgangers and capture them for unknown reasons. It looks like that is probably the case here. Fascinating!

You head back to the courthouse and start the trials. Only two doppelgangers yet. You might live through this after all!

------

Day 3 is up! It will go until ~10am Pacific Friday
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52