Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67318 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 3 dawns bright and dreary
« Reply #585 on: September 02, 2009, 05:54:48 pm »

You're a psych alright.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 02, 2009, 08:34:05 pm »

Web, I'm ready to lynch whomever you choose at a moment's notice.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 02, 2009, 10:18:20 pm »

Well, I was suspicious of him to begin with. A_Fey_Dwarf claimed Human Warlock, which is kind of a stretch, so if we were going to lynch him, I'd be doing it myself. Being another Human Warlock, I figured blocking him wouldn't matter, so I did. There wasn't a kill, which means 3 things might've happened:

1. AFD is a Dopp and he did the kill.
2. Forsaken did the kill and was blocked by the Dopp Seeker.
3. There was no kill.

Any other possibilities don't exist. Therefore, the most logical is number one, and the least logical is... number two? I have no clue why they would do that, but there is some footing for a number three. Not much, considering that will buy them little time, and we can confirm more people in ensuing Nights. Therefore, as soon as I get any other information, I will recommend AFD.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 02, 2009, 11:14:58 pm »

Please note that, in the event that AFD is telling the truth about his role, the Warlock's power no longer kills the last person to vote for them. A random player to vote for them will be lynched.

This changed a few rounds ago, but I don't know how many people picked up on it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 03, 2009, 12:29:06 am »

Well, I was suspicious of him to begin with. A_Fey_Dwarf claimed Human Warlock, which is kind of a stretch, so if we were going to lynch him, I'd be doing it myself. Being another Human Warlock, I figured blocking him wouldn't matter, so I did. There wasn't a kill, which means 3 things might've happened:

3. There was no kill.

Any other possibilities don't exist. Therefore, the most logical is number one, and the least logical is... number two? I have no clue why they would do that, but there is some footing for a number three. Not much, considering that will buy them little time, and we can confirm more people in ensuing Nights. Therefore, as soon as I get any other information, I will recommend AFD.

Hmm, I understand where you are coming from, and if I were in your position I would assume it most logical to lynch me as well. But I am town, so it can't possibly be your first theory. The other possibilities I can see are scum hitting someone with protection from a guardian, but you having everybody roleclaim to you will know whether this has happened or not. About number two, perhaps the scum didn't realize that the dopp hunter would block forsaken for the  night. Thinking that is was better to lose one dopp in killing you the proven role than to lose two, they sent forsaken to kill you.

Also webadict are you factoring aliens who are fake claiming into your equations, because that could be a possibility. Perhaps an alien was targeted and used a personal shield?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 03, 2009, 08:19:12 am »

3. There was no kill.

Hmm, I understand where you are coming from, and if I were in your position I would assume it most logical to lynch me as well. But I am town, so it can't possibly be your first theory. The other possibilities I can see are scum hitting someone with protection from a guardian, but you having everybody roleclaim to you will know whether this has happened or not. About number two, perhaps the scum didn't realize that the dopp hunter would block forsaken for the  night. Thinking that is was better to lose one dopp in killing you the proven role than to lose two, they sent forsaken to kill you.

Also webadict are you factoring aliens who are fake claiming into your equations, because that could be a possibility. Perhaps an alien was targeted and used a personal shield?
Well, then there's even more possibilities, aren't there?

1. The Dopps are all newbies, and sent someone they didn't know would be blocked.
2. You're trying to confuse everyone.
3. There are aliens who didn't tell me anything.

Well, 3 is a probability, but there could only be two types of Aliens, from what I can tell: Agent Seeker and Survivor. The Survivor wouldn't not claim, because there'd be no reason to. I'd make sure he survived. Secondly, an Agent Seeker would definitely claim, in order to find the Agent.

There can't be an Exterminator (or Operative), because they would've killed by now. Also, there's no Scientist, for the same reason. And we've already had a Dopp Seeker, so, that's all six.

Also, with forsaken being blocked, that does not exclude you from being a Dopp.

Oh, and no one else was attacked, or they would've told me.

But, how about this: Seeing as how the Dopps didn't get a kill, and I've verified a few people, I'll just end the Day with a No Lynch.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 03, 2009, 08:32:36 am »

My main suspicions at the moment are A_Fey_Dwarf and muchenik. On day 1, forsaken seemed like he was trying to distance himself from vector.

To answer your question: My number one suspect would have been Vector due to his sudden aggression towards me for no real reason, but now I'd have to say Pandar as he was very quick to jump over to Josh. Methinks I see a dopp trying to blend in with the town at the expense of a comrade.

I'm still highly suspicious of Pandar, and I think we should look into Vector some more as he has been very quiet lately.

After vector was replaced, muchenik seemed to just be trying to get people who have had a lot of votes earlier in the game lynched without any real attempt at scum hunting.

Seems kinda odd that two people that were gunning for ToonyMan turned up with toe tags.

I must apologize webadict if it was a bit unclear. If we are to believe that ToonyMan is being setup by the dopps and that no outside source removed Pandar then that we should be looking for someone that would benefit from Pandar's removal.

It appears that bloodbeard benefited the most from this townfolk death.

I suspect A_Fey_Dwarf because being blocked does seem to be the most likely reason for the dopps not killing.

Since you believe a no lynch would be best, I'll do it, but I do have a question. What prevents the dopps from changing the one who does the kill? Waiting an extra day seems like it's just giving them another chance at a night kill.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 03, 2009, 08:38:12 am »

The only reason I want to No Lynch is to avoid the fact that AFD could very well be a Dopp Warlock, in which case would suck.

But, it'll be fine.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 03, 2009, 09:02:21 am »

The Whiteboard
No Lynch: webadict, Xegeth
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 03, 2009, 09:10:08 am »

If what web says is true then only 2 dopps are remaining so we have to be very careful who we vote for so I can agree with  No Lynch
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 03, 2009, 09:29:18 am »

The only reason I want to No Lynch is to avoid the fact that AFD could very well be a Dopp Warlock, in which case would suck.

But, it'll be fine.

Hmm, it seems like in that case we'd just need to find the last dopp, and kill them first. Then it wouldn't matter who got hit with any potential warlocking.

Anyway, No Lynch. It gives the dopps another chance at a night kill, but it also gives the town a lot more information.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #596 on: September 03, 2009, 11:02:15 am »

I'll bow to the knowledge of webadict and no lynch.  More out of guilt of watching the lynch of a known townie...

Anyways, another possibility is that we have some sort of Vig-type role is around and can take care of our little (potential) Warlock problem.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 03, 2009, 01:47:12 pm »

Org was killed by a human (I think).  We should be fine.

No lynch.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #598 on: September 03, 2009, 01:49:12 pm »

It doesn't look like a normal dopp kill, maybe a dopp with a Vig-type role?

That would be one way to throw us off.  Don't make a normal nightkill, but use a nightkill role instead.  You give up on having two kills, but the town runs around in circles trying to figure out who blocked the scum.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 03, 2009, 01:52:59 pm »

It doesn't look like a normal dopp kill, maybe a dopp with a Vig-type role?

That would be one way to throw us off.  Don't make a normal nightkill, but use a nightkill role instead.  You give up on having two kills, but the town runs around in circles trying to figure out who blocked the scum.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the dopps knew he was a Human DoT that already used his ability, he's pretty freakin' useless now.  I bet it was Webadict just testing something.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52