Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67368 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 2
« Reply #525 on: August 30, 2009, 05:21:16 pm »

So I turn up town, what are you going to do?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 30, 2009, 05:33:39 pm »

Like I said, either Forsaken is scum, or Xegeth's source is scum, or Xegeth is scum.  There's only one dopp left after that.

Hold on, I missed this. What are you talking about there's only 1 dopp left? There are 3 now, 1 in possible forsaken(likely)/Xegeth(not likely), then there's 2 left.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #527 on: August 30, 2009, 07:09:27 pm »

Okay, I didn't actually want to do this because I had suspected the existence of a Dopp counterpart role, but I am the town Medium.

Are you calling Xegeth a liar?

No, I'm calling him mistaken. I claimed to him in PM and he has accepted my role. I don't mind dying, as my role isn't terribly vital to the town now, especially as we're ahead with 3 dopps to go, but I would prefer to allay any suspicions people still harbor towards me.

The only reason I am now claiming is that I may have been wrong. With the fact that there were two town psychic wardens and two town Disciples, perhaps the other medium is town.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 30, 2009, 07:34:24 pm »

Whoops, I miscounted, and you're right.  I thought there were only 4 dopps for some reason.  So web is only cleared if Kashyyk is town.  I still find a web/kashyyk team unlikely though, as they would have forged strong, public bonds between one another, meaning if one is scum, then both are.

Hmmm, you might have a point of lynching kashyyk.  Then web would be the defacto center for a town base.  We all PM him our roles during the night, and he figures out a way to prove who's who.  Game-breaking strategy there.  Of course, it's likely we have a AWV in our midst, so web could order said AWV to kill you.  Still, I'd want both web and kashyyk's approval before we go that course.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 30, 2009, 07:42:48 pm »

Actually, lynching Kashyyk seems like a perfectly reasonable idea. Considering the power that people have claimed and the roleflips, it would shock me if there wasn't either a town guardian or a heroic/vengeful guard in the town somewhere. Worst case scenario, Webadict is confirmed and gets to tell the town the optimal play strategy for the night. Hell, with medium(s), Webadict dying doesn't have to be the end of him.

Ok, unvote and vote Kashyyk. Sorry mate, but you understand, right?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 30, 2009, 07:48:37 pm »

That would make lynching Kashyyk a moot point if you need his permission. Now that it has been brought up i'd rather people not base their decision on if he's alright with it since in the slim chance that he's a dopp then he could just claim that he's alright with it to make people think that he's town. If it's to be done it'll be done of peoples own choice. I don't know about you guys but I actually want a town base, and if webadict truely is town then I can't think of a better role to form a base on. Lynching Kashyyk will confirm it.

If people don't want to then i'll continue to scum hunt for another target. I would also defend myself against any accusations but it's hard to defend yourself against "You're scum, I don't need a reason why other then I don't like you".

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 30, 2009, 07:56:42 pm »

Mr.Person: I don't think you voted for anyone  :-X

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 30, 2009, 08:26:05 pm »

Paranormal is clearly not friendly to my "have other things to do" strategy of playing.

However, once again we've got a DoT claim out there. I can't say much about the suspicious running around between Bloodbeard, Xegeth, and Forsaken, other than that Bloodbeard continues to arouse my suspicion by seeming panicky. I don't have to, though. We know that Kashyyk and Webadict are the same alignment.

If we can confirm Webadict as town, we've likely won the game. In that case, we've got a publicly claimed heroic guard in Redwarrior, which seems to mean that we would have Webadict for at least two nights, and more if he can confirm a medium before the dopps kill him. Plus, Webadict takes a dopp down with him.

If we can confirm Webadict (and Kashyyk) as scum, we've got another two dopps down. Webadict almost certainly doesn't last the night, as the AWV or dopp seeker will take him. The town continues to be in an excellent position.

Given that, I don't see any choice but to vote Kashyyk to find out which of those paths we should take. I'm definitely suspicious of Bloodbeard, but I'd rather either get a town base or get 2/3rds of the dopps than lynch someone I'm suspicious of and leave that question up in the air.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 30, 2009, 09:17:45 pm »

What's an AWV?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 30, 2009, 09:30:34 pm »

Aggressive war vet- a town-aligned player who can perform a nightkill. 

Also, kashyyk being scum does not make webadict scum for sure, however, it does increase the probability by quite a bit.  There's also no word if there's a town medium or not.  Forsaken is scum, and will be taken care of by the dopp seeker tonight (remember folks, medium is no longer a town-only role).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #535 on: August 30, 2009, 09:36:52 pm »

(remember folks, medium is no longer a town-only role).

This is meaningless, neither the Disciple of Truth or Psychic Warden are town-only either. Does this 'prove' Toony is scum as well?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 30, 2009, 09:53:59 pm »

No, Xegeth's contact proves you to be a dopp.  However, some people were starting to talk about a town medium, which may or may not exist.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 30, 2009, 09:56:32 pm »

If Kashyyk was a dopp DoT and web was town i'm pretty sure he would have kept it to myself and secretly plotted to get the town to lynch him instead.

My heart tells me that they're both telling the truth, but there's that small possibility that could prove disasterous if we don't confirm it. To everyone else, look at it how Rysith put it. Redwarrior has claimed heroic guardian, and personally I don't see a reason for him to lie. That's two nights minimum of a 100% confirmed and powerful townie guiding everyones night actions. Come on?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #538 on: August 30, 2009, 09:56:55 pm »

No, Xegeth's contact proves you to be a dopp.  However, some people were starting to talk about a town medium, which may or may not exist.

What does that mean? Xegeth, in private messages, accepted me as town medium a while before I claimed it here. That is, in fact, my role.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 30, 2009, 10:28:31 pm »

That's why I said "If Webadict can confirm a town medium before he dies". Without a town medium, we've got at least two nights (N1 redwarrior protects him, N2 he coordinates but dies). With a medium, we've got at least three (one more for the dopps to kill the medium). There could definitely be more (Toony could block the right people, there could be a guardian, etc.), but we might not even need more than two or tree nights.

If Kashyyk is town, Webadict is town since they agreed that he was a confirmed human warlock.

If Kashyyk is scum, for Webadict to be town Kashyyk would need to be a dopp DoT who scanned Webadict, claimed to webadict to have scanned him, and now with the public claim would need to be trying to trade Kashyyk for webadict + some other townie when we lynch him.

Given all of the ways that that could fail (other investigative roles trying to find web's "real" role, notably), I honestly can't see that as a viable dopp plan over just having Kashyyk scan someone and then night-kill Web while there was suspicion on him to try to get one of the people who suspected him lynched tomorrow.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52