Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Time for a creepy thread!  (Read 19841 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a creepy thread!
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2009, 11:47:53 am »

That's what you get for reading these stories... ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That one is quite good. Sleep deprivation combined with hormonal nervous breakdown can really do that shit to you. I'm so NOT going to let my gf read that, she already freaks out when I tell her that baby-bones are rubbery and they actually bounce back up if you throw them on the floor, I tried it yesterday!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2009, 12:27:03 pm »

What happened?  I missed it.

My favorites are the You Fail -Insert Scientific Field- Forever creepypastas.  Like the one about how nightmares are real because the memories are stored in the part of your brain that stores real memories.

wat
Shoes...

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2009, 01:10:41 pm »

I actually cried when you did that. You hurt my feelings.

D:

Im sorry dude. Im really impaired in my thought processes right now. Havent slept for like 3 days.

It's mostly a joke. But I must say I should've seen that coming. I spent all of five minutes typing that paragraph up.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2009, 11:23:52 pm »

I actually cried when you did that. You hurt my feelings.

D:

Im sorry dude. Im really impaired in my thought processes right now. Havent slept for like 3 days.

It's mostly a joke. But I must say I should've seen that coming. I spent all of five minutes typing that paragraph up.

Well damn. Eh, i was at the point where all your tiredness catches up to you and everything is hilarous.

Oh, and im not sleeping for so long cause of a combination of loads of homework, drivers ed, and college apps, not the stories. Although the smile.dog thing did make me look over my shoulder a bunch when i first saw it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2009, 07:44:58 am »

Why?  The smile one is the least scary of all of them.

And I skimmed through the story that came with the parrot.  It kind of ruins it.  Isn't the point that the image itself is what destroys your brain?  If some fractal parrot comes after you later, that's stupid.
Shoes...

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2009, 12:14:38 pm »

Why?  The smile one is the least scary of all of them.

Eh, i just have a vivid imagination, and it helped that i was tired and not expecting it.

I like the stories that make you get creeped out, then scared, then terrified that its right behind you.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2009, 08:24:27 pm »

And I skimmed through the story that came with the parrot.  It kind of ruins it.  Isn't the point that the image itself is what destroys your brain?  If some fractal parrot comes after you later, that's stupid.

The point is that being reminded of the image kills you. Looking at an image and living in fear of ever being reminded of it is a far more frightening concept than looking at an image and dying on the spot.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2009, 03:55:31 pm »

The image is what destroyed his brain.  Hence the "He had seen it through too many angles."  Seeing it through those cracked lenses he wore shielded his mind from the immediate effect.  But later on his mind pieced each of the parts back together into the whole image.  The parrot "stalking" him was him trying to block the image from forming in his mind.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2009, 01:32:43 pm »

I just skimmed a bunch of those and a majority werent' even scary. It was like "if you find this mystical car wash in Idaho, it will fix all the dents and dings on your car!"
My favorite from the OP was the Narnia-like stairway that led down into an endless savanna with bones everywhere and mysterious creatures just out of sight. Sounds like the basis for some kind of surreal novel.
it also reminded me of that one short story where the kids have a virtual-reality nursery and it turns into a savanna with lions and the parents go in to find the kids and get eaten.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:52:19 pm by Jude »
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2009, 04:19:37 pm »

it also reminded me of that one short story where the kids have a virtual-reality nursery and it turns into a savanna with lions and the parents go in to find the kids and get eaten.

"The Veldt" by Ray Bradbury, for those that might be interested.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]