Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Time for a creepy thread!  (Read 19844 times)

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a creepy thread!
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2009, 11:25:29 pm »

Spoilered for size.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2009, 11:27:47 pm »

You suck.

(Brix were shat)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2009, 11:29:12 pm »

That's horrible!

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2009, 11:41:53 pm »

Oh, that old thing.

EDIT: oh wow, looking at the url, you got it off the same site i saw it on XD.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 11:43:46 pm by Eagle »

Angellus

« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2009, 03:16:50 am »

That thing was awesome XD
I was expecting that later, not so soon XD

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2009, 03:25:02 am »

It was ruined for me because of how it loaded choppily.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2009, 08:08:29 am »

I've started really liking the holder series. It's neat, even though everything seems to have the same "mental hospital > secret passage > arbitrary instructions > random chance of getting killed for no reason > specific question" combination, all with equal chance of being driven insane by an eldritch abomination that's just hanging out in a closet somewhere.

The objects, which must never be brought together or else something bad will happen. Which kind of makes you wonder why anyone would bother to get them if all the objects are inherently bad, only do bad things, and you literally have to go to hell and back to obtain them. Whoever wanted them separated though did a really good job with the death traps though...

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2009, 09:25:48 am »

Have you ever heard of the parrot?

I cannot seem to see what is so scary about it.

It's usually supposed to be paired with this story

There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Angellus

« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2009, 01:54:28 pm »

thanks, I'll read it later on!

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2009, 04:26:24 pm »

Damn thats awesome. Though its not really a horror story, sound more like the plot behind a sci-fi detective novel or something.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2009, 09:10:04 pm »

Man looking at this thread after the "internet is 40" thread just reminded me of those ridiculous chain letters everyone used to forward

It's truly insane how much the internet has sped up the life cycle of memes. They go from birth to popular to backlash within DAYS.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2009, 02:21:28 am »

On the line between dreams and madness lie the bane of mankind. Many say this world obeys certain rules, and try to organize it as such. Ever searching, everything fits in to place so neatly. But there are happenings, unexplainable things that occur far closer than one would expect, the very thing that allows you to know of the world is unknowable.

There is always a deep dread of what lay inside this Pandora's box, and this conflicts with our quest to know everything. You can learn much, and you can learn too much. Those that do can no longer be called men. The ones that overcome all human prejudice, with clear thoughts! We keep them in special buildings now. Those mad raving monsters separated from society, not for fear of the people they harm, but the knowledge they bring.

They are scary because they embody the fear of what lay in our own mind, how someone so similar to us can become a monster simply from knowing what is in there! You'd tell yourself that you'd rather not know. But there is always a tinge of curiosity that threatens to pull you from the darkness and into the searing light.

No beast can possibly compare to this destroyer of men, more have succumbed to it than any disease or illness. We all have it locked away safely inside, ignoring it, and leaving it to fester and rot. This is what we fear: Madness.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2009, 02:24:42 am »

[Removed cause of idiocy on Eagle's part]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 02:42:53 am by Eagle »

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2009, 02:30:49 am »

I actually cried when you did that. You hurt my feelings.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2009, 02:42:31 am »

I actually cried when you did that. You hurt my feelings.

D:

Im sorry dude. Im really impaired in my thought processes right now. Havent slept for like 3 days.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10