Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Hearts of Iron 3  (Read 7453 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: Hearts of Iron 3
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 05:32:06 pm »

Invade America. Conquer the entire world. Post screenies.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 05:37:12 pm »

I tried to launch a covert attacking force of tigers on New York but was intercepted by the Japanese fleet before I got there.

So I guess, before I can invade America I must defeat the Japanese navy. Man... history got completely rewritten.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 08:10:16 am »

tried it today. I can see what Umiman means: it took me 3 hours to get USA from 1936 into 1937 (well, I guess it was already februrary of 1937 when I quit). This was a time of absolutely no action (I set up my research que and intelligence actions, and maybe messed with production a dozen times.) at full speed. argh!
(I really hope I just have a slow computer)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 08:57:14 am »

There's supposedly a bug with nations offering trade agreements to eachother etc. way way to often, causing slowdown.
Magma is overrated.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 12:49:49 pm »

I found another bug. Italy surrendered to France but decided to fight to the death. On my way to liberate Roma, I made France surrender which in turn made Italy exist again... only except it didn't.  So the land of Italy belongs to Italy, but the government of Italy is still in exile.

What this means is that Italy can't do anything except occasionally randomly spawn militia units. I also can't reinstate their government as technically, Italy exists and if I allow someone to take control of Roma and recapture it, it merely goes back to Italy while telling me that I don't control their capital.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 04:41:53 pm »

Paradox just turned the HoI3 forum into a police state, limiting posting to people who bought and registered HoI3 and veteran users. They also flatly refuse to provide costumer service and patches to non HoI3 costumers and by registering you waive any rights of selling the game at a later date. I was planning to ask some questions about the performance of the demo but that source of criticism has been thwarted preemptively.

I found both the demo and somebody elses unpatched version(because she too disagrees with the policy of "patches or re-sale, not both") unsatisfactory and the extreme defensiveness on paradox's behalf makes the think that more people think the same and instead of improving their game they silence all who disagree. They don't have the cash to throw around lawsuits scientology style but i wouldn't be surprised if they would like to.

Update: I made a post on the HoI2 forums voicing my concerns about the lack of an official place to get help regarding the HoI3 demo and the thread was locked, the only reply consisting of a link to the rules(which said absolutely nothing about discussing the demo of the sequel being illegal).

For their vehement denial of the existence of fascism in their game, they sure seem to resemble them to an uncanny degree.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:52:30 am by Asehujiko »
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 01:32:27 pm »

For their vehement denial of the existence of fascism in their game
huh?  ???
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 03:08:17 am »

For their vehement denial of the existence of fascism in their game
huh?  ???

The Paradox version of facism is a carbon copy of the nearest allied state except for a tendency to be zergrushed. They are managed in exactly the same way. Most of the stuff on the politics screen makes no sense whatsoever for a one party government and the same problem applies to the USSR. They are either taking their political correctness to new levels or they rushed the game out of the door without bothering and with their recent attitude i honestly can't tell which one nor can i ask because i only have the demo, which apparently mean I'm not welcome over at the paradox forums.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 09:23:38 am »

Anyone got the mod that lower the TRADE AGREEMENT SPAM to 1/5th of the usual?

I heard it on /tg/...

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 03:12:35 pm »

They also flatly refuse to provide costumer service and patches to non HoI3 costumers

Well why shouldn't they?

Eh, nevermind i'm not going to bother. You obviously have your opionion, and by the looks of things have it in such a rabid way that i'm never going to be able to change it.
Magma is overrated.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 04:01:37 pm »

They should because it effectively cuts of potential customers from deciding if they want to buy the game, by preventing them from asking questions on the community forums, even from asking questions about the demo.
!!&!!

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 04:01:51 pm »

They also flatly refuse to provide costumer service and patches to non HoI3 costumers

Well why shouldn't they?

Eh, nevermind i'm not going to bother. You obviously have your opionion, and by the looks of things have it in such a rabid way that i'm never going to be able to change it.

Cough*the demo is in dire need of  tech support and patches too*Cough*

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 04:56:37 pm »

the funny part is it's not working. people discuss HOI3 on other forums, and they distribute patches overnight. Until I got 1.1 I honestly though this would be one of those clever anti piracy dealies. you release a beta of game, everyone pirates it and then you give the "patch" the converts it to the final product to people who can prove they bought your game. Supreme Ruler had that.
Sadly Hearts of Iron is just that bad.  :-\
oh well, guess I'll go play EU:rome.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 05:09:41 pm »

I'm actually having fun now, conquering the known world. I probably wouldn't do it again considering the brutal amount of time to get to this point of the game, but it is fun right now. The fact that my economy is so large that scheduling 100 battleships to be built isn't even 10% of my IC is hilarious.

I still have 8 more years to go. I swear Germany will conquer the whole world and will prove it with a Youtube video when I'm done.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 05:16:03 pm »

oh well, guess I'll go play EU
Fixed.

@ umiman: What difficulty are you playing on? Or... what? That sounds rather... impressive. And what's your IC?

As for my HoI3 experience, it's limited to about 20 in-game days before a bajllion crashes have made it virtually unplayable. *waiting for 1.2*
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4