Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.  (Read 51197 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play... The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2009, 10:41:53 am »

How can you stab like a fist?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2009, 10:44:35 am »

How can you stab like a fist?

Gauntlet + Dagger + Duct Tape = PUNCHING LIKE THE FIST OF THE MOTHERFUCKING NORTH STAR
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2009, 10:48:43 am »

I think it's safe to say that you shouldn't sleep anymore. But yeah, totally go for the groin kill, he deserves it for being stupid enough to take a contract on you.

Who would be trying to kill you anyways?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2009, 11:09:54 am »

I'm gonna join the bandwagon and say stab the fucker first, ask questions steal his stuff later

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2009, 11:55:37 am »

Oh, I had fun with this game.

I remember last summer I got a list of all the NPCs, used the God-mode cheat, cheated my way up to 1000000 speechcraft, and taunted every last one of them to attack.

It took a month, but I managed to make it so that the whole of Vvardenfell hated me.  When I walked into a village, everyone would storm out to kill me.  Good times...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2009, 07:54:17 pm »

I've think I've got this down. Here's an earlier picture to compare to to get feel for how I've managed to fix it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
----------
The second assassin caught me when I was weakened, I hardly managed to get any rest. But I fight back, hard, shrieking like a madman. I think I actually see a trace of fear in his eyes I as beat him backward savagely unleash my blade across his chest. Eventually, he exsanguinates, and falls to the ground, twitching as his pulse gradually weakens and disappears. I take his equipment.

I return to Caldera, and have all his equipment appraised by the local trader.
I stand to make a pretty profit. I sell him most of the equipment, all that he could afford with his limited resources. (Later, I would sell the rest in Balmora, but it's not important to make note of it. Suffice it to say I end up with over 1800 more drakes.)

I leave Caldera with the very dagger that was nearly planted in my spine in hand, running for Balmora, no stops. Two assassins, both killed on their mission. They're clearly not about to give up any time soon. I need cover. Protection. House Hlaalu in Balmora seems the obvious choice for now; they've got Imperial ties, and plenty of territory crawling with watchful guards.

I head into their office in the upper section of Balmora, ask if I can be of any help to them.

Next thing I know, I'm in a horrible looking helmet, with instructions to go and impersonate a dead man deep in Redoran territory.

I won't go into detail; I do the dirty work. I'm not proud of it, but it nets me five hundred drakes.

It's around this time, on my way back from Ald'ruhn, that I begin to think more about how to deal with the Assassins. It occurs that the best way to learn about assassins...

Is to become one.

I notice the Morag Tong building tucked far behind the other buildings near the Hlaalu office. I walk in and ask about joining, and they inform me that the only way to go about that is to talk to the Grandmaster in Vivec. No one realizes that it may be helpful to tell me exactly where in the largest city in Vvardenfell to look. It doesn't matter, My second job from Hlaalu had me heading over there to steal some alchemy recipes.

From atop the Hills outside of Balmora, I can just manage to see the massive complexes that comprise Vivec rising out of the midday mists.

With that heading fixed, I begin walking straight in the direction of Vivec. The walk is long, but not dangerous. I take some time to run. By the time I get there, I think I can feel my legs getting beefier. I stand before the Foreign quarter of Vivec, itself alone probably larger in volume than the whole of Balmora. Finding the Morag Tong Grandmaster is going to be hellish.

I enter the Foreign quarter, and check into Inn in the canton, a bit overwhelmed by the size of the city. I decide to get some sleep before searching for the Grandmaster.

When I wake up, I feel much better. I Feel like I've everything I've been doing so far is exactly what I should be doing, inexorably leading me to achieve greatness. Already I feel like I've gone further than anyone else in my position could go.

Eventually, I find the target, the formula I must steal... I stare at the Alchemist. She stares at me. I stare at her... I swipe the scrolls from her desk, and run out of the room before she has time to scream at me. I think she was too surprised by my brazen theft. She didn't even tell the guards.

I turn my attention to searching for the Grandmaster of the Morag Tong. I ask around, wandering from Canton to Canton, but no one seems to know anything... Until I make a breakthrough in the Arena Canton.

They see Morag Tong agents around the Arena from time to time. They must have a hidden office somewhere in the Canton.

I don't find anything in the obvious places, the only place I haven't searched is the canal system under the Arena, and the sewers below them. So I do; I poke around down below...

The hell is this guy? Some freak in the sewers babbling nonsense at me when I got close. I brush him off, and keep looking.

I find a storage room in the canal system. The two other doors in the room are locked. I still have an apprentice lockpick, so I use it on the door that seems easier. Behind it, I find... A better lockpick, and a couple of trap probes.

I use these to unlock the opposite door, only to find yet another lock beyond impeding my progress.

I realize then, however I must be on the right track. Why else would the storage room have such good security? The Morag Tong must be close.

But there's no way I'm getting past that lock right now. Frustrated, leave the Arena. I guess I've got to start practicing my lockpicking. Also, I better take the formulas back to Hlaalu, and get my pay.

The past few days have not been easy, but I think I'm getting a hang of this. Maybe I'll even see what the Blades want me to do soon...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 08:00:11 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2009, 08:04:26 pm »

Ask Caius about orders after wrapping up the other business.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2009, 08:22:33 pm »

This is turning out great. If only the characters in this game had the retardedly hilarious RAI of Oblivion, and this would be the perfect video game. I think we should focus on House Hlaalu and Fighter's Guild stuff for now, whenever it's possible to progress. To be honest, I say don't even do the main quest until after the side quests, or at least don't go too far. These games have a habit of sweeping you up into campaigns that are very difficult to break yourself from.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2009, 09:24:05 pm »

Damn, I want to play Morrowind now, but I have a billion mod load errors, compatability issues, and GMST's and shit. Maybe in the next week I'll have some pictures of my awesome texture pack.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2009, 07:23:02 pm »

Gah, you didn't visit the main attraction of Caldera while there! The tame scamp known as Creeper, never bother selling your stolen goods anywhere else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2009, 07:35:23 pm »

Gah, you didn't visit the main attraction of Caldera while there! The tame scamp known as Creeper, never bother selling your stolen goods anywhere else.
I think he and the mudcrab merchant are cheating, so I have a mod that removes them. Why bother with mercantile when you have limitless piles of cash?

Good new! I got all my mod issues sorted out and the game runs properly!

Bad news! I get single digit fps outside. I got less than one fps at Vivec. Inside runs smoothly enough, however, so it looks like no distant view for me. Sigh.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2009, 10:44:21 pm »

By the way, post seven is taking so long as I'm trying to Legitimately raise my Security skill up high enough I can open the trap door in the Arena store room, and it's taking a FSCKING long time.
!!&!!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2009, 10:06:13 am »

A scroll of Ondusi's Unhinging would help you out there. Just gotta go dungeon delving a bit to find one.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2009, 01:58:09 pm »

If you find Ekashi's Lock Splitter, SAVE IT.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2009, 04:09:12 pm »

Not as much action this time around, but as will soon be revealed, that is soon to change.

-----------------
I leave Vivec a bit disappointed with myself. I failed to make it into the Morag Tong headquarters, (assuming that trap door even LEADS to it,) due to my inexperience with the lockpick. Perhaps I had been a bit arrogant in my assumption that I was worthy. As I leave, I take some time to take note of the surrounding area.

There are quite a few Netch floating around, and over a hill, I find what seems to be a small village. Further investigation reveals it to be the Dren Plantation.

There are many Khajiit and Argonian slaves working the fields and tending the Netch. One quietly suggests that I may free them. A rather dangerous looking Dunmer who kind of looks like a sad mime quickly dispels this idea.

Deciding to make the trek back to Balmora on foot, despite some unfamiliar terrain, I stumble upon some things I hadn't noticed, or didn't have an opportunity to notice before. A small shrine to Vivec... This Vivec person is starting to increasingly seem like a real prick. I mean, shrines dedicated to his name, temples to his glorification, and a massive sprawling city named after him. What's the big deal about him, anyway?

Anyway, I manage to make it back to Balmora without incident. It doesn't take me long to decide what I have to do; I need lockpicks, and practice using them, cheap training too. Also, a way to lock things after unlocking them. Footnote here; I make a quick run between the Mages Guilds in Balmora and Caldera, and find an appropriate spell. It locks doors. Simple enough.

Caius told me about the Thieves Guild. I seek their local representative, and politely inquire as to joining.

She signs me up, and I speak to another member downstairs, to acquire a few lockpicks.

With that done, I return to Caius' house, but not to talk to him. I use the spell I acquired on his door, and go about unlocking it. I repeat this process far longer than I care to think about, but the experience was fruitful. In this time, I gain a great deal of knowledge about the art, but not enough.

It's been a long time since I slept; I had been running between Vivec and Balmora a lot, fighting a view minor beasts in between. I checked into the Corner Club again, and tried to sleep through the night... I couldn't. I woke up around midnight, holding my head. Then it hit me; and it seemed obvious, this whole time I had been acting with my head in the clouds far too often. I just need to settle down and focus, set my mind on figuring out this lockpicking thing, and soon I will be the Master of Unlocking.

I needed the Thieves to trust me more, as I was merely a Toad to them. I ask for a task from Sugar-Lips, and she instructs me to fetch a few diamonds from the Alchemist on the North side of the river.

I'm not proud of it, but I do.

I will say that in this period, I arrogantly returned to Vivec to try my hand at the trap door again, only to find I still hadn't a firm enough understanding for this more complex lock type. I beat myself up about it for a while, and went up to the top of the Foreign Quarter for a breath of fresh air.

It was a bit disappointing, all that practice and the trip over here to find that I hadn't progressed nearly as much as I thought I had.

Deflated a little, I took the Silt Strider back to Balmora, scrounged together every Drake I could earn, and paid the Thieves Guild trainer to teach me. She seemed impressed however... In fact, people were commenting on it lately, as if my progress and understanding was far more rapid than expected.

I reflect on this... Did the Emperor know that my progress would be rapid, that I was capable of more than I ever imagined? Is that why I was released and given to the Blades? Am I needed in Morrowind specifically because I am capable of progressing so quickly? I'd rather not think about it too much.

I make a lot of headway with the trainer, but it costs me just over two thousand drakes to get to the point where I felt I could do what was necessary. With only a hundred or so drakes in my pockets, I rented one more night in Balmora, before I would return to the Arena in Vivec to try one last time.

The next morning, I feel amazing. I feel like my feet could carry me faster and my heart beat easier. I could run and jump over my obstacles without thinking, I could pick a lock or parry a sword on instinct. I'm ready.

I don't remember much of my trip back to the Arena, until I make it to the locked trap door. I crouch over it. It only takes me one attempt to get it right.

I climb down with my heart racing... This must be the place; people are down here, quietly directing me through the hallways until I find their Grandmaster.

He tells me they've been watching me for a long time, which is somewhat unsettling, but grants me an opportunity to join their honorable ranks; he hands me a Writ of Honorable Execution for a local man in the Hlaalu canton, tells me he hangs out at The Elven Nations corner club there.

I can't wait to meet him.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:27:24 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14