Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.  (Read 51160 times)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2010, 08:22:14 am »

Time to sink another three months into Morrowind. :D
But yeah, do those, some of them I've tried and they're quality.

EDIT: If it hasn't been suggested yet, there's a Combat Enhanced mod
This one looks good too, adds lots of dungeons.
Adds a new area, looks good.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:01:02 am by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2010, 08:49:18 am »

Have you guys had luck with any leveled list addition mods? All the ones I've tried were horrible. One added a whole bunch of armor. Problem was, a bunch of the armor was ridiculously good and only occasionally priced to match. That alone is pretty easy to fix, but the real problem was the lazy as fuck creator just created a new list with ALL of his additional armor and the default leveled lists stuck together at level 1. Not only was his stuff crowding out the default stuff when they should of had equal chances of appearing, but he was also sticking in 200,000+ gold costing light armor that's lighter, defends better, and enchants better than daedric armor... to appear at level 1.

Sorry, I don't feel like redoing the entire fucking mod just because you were too half-assed to stick your new armor into the existing lists with fair levels.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2010, 09:02:54 am »

I'm in the process of collecting a few of the most important things. To me anyway. Graphics Extender, Script Extender, etc. Going to grab better bodies and heads, but I need a suggestion for a good everything Texture pack. The one I had before for the LP had improved resolution textures for basically everything in the game. I don't recall what it was called. I really ought to start writing these things down somewhere.
!!&!!

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2010, 09:59:11 am »

Oh and this mod, it's in one of those lists but you should really use it, it's a ship!
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2010, 10:18:46 am »

Have you guys had luck with any leveled list addition mods? All the ones I've tried were horrible. One added a whole bunch of armor. Problem was, a bunch of the armor was ridiculously good and only occasionally priced to match. That alone is pretty easy to fix, but the real problem was the lazy as fuck creator just created a new list with ALL of his additional armor and the default leveled lists stuck together at level 1. Not only was his stuff crowding out the default stuff when they should of had equal chances of appearing, but he was also sticking in 200,000+ gold costing light armor that's lighter, defends better, and enchants better than daedric armor... to appear at level 1.

Sorry, I don't feel like redoing the entire fucking mod just because you were too half-assed to stick your new armor into the existing lists with fair levels.
Check the list I've provided. All of the mods are high-quality and most of them are integrated in leveled lists properly. If you use WryeBash you can edit leveled lists btw.

Oh and this mod, it's in one of those lists but you should really use it, it's a ship!
Yeah it's a cool ship, but it has a retarded (IMHO) quest to get it.
I like Fishing Academy.

And all of those mods you suggest are on the list :). It's quite long but I would suggest to read through it and make your choice.

P.S. Oh god, what have you done. I've just got a 2Gb stick and was going to play some GTA4. Now I uninstall GTA4 and install Morrowind...

P.P.S. Don't miss the "Living Cities of Vvardenfell", "Morrowind Comes Alive" and "Travelling Merchants" mods, they are in the "NPC Realism" section of the "realism" list. It really adds to the immersion.

First one makes npcs to switch cells based on the time of day, and even places in cells, so the world is living without the borked "Radiant AI", and the second one adds many new unimportant NPCs here and there so cities look like cities.
Third one adds a bunch of merchants with their own trading routes. You can accompany them and trade with them. It makes the world much more immersive.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 10:25:30 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2010, 10:27:28 am »

Oh yeah, Fishing Academy is good too, I was just linking them since those pages are a wall of links and aren't all compatible, look! Two more! Mining! Farming!

If I remember correctly the ship has dancing strippers. :D

EDIT: I can't find it but there's a custom race that has unlimited breath, goes really good with the Water Life mod
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 10:54:52 am by Hugehead »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2010, 11:08:57 am »

With proper mods argonians can breathe underwater.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 23, 2010, 03:44:58 pm »

My name is Dwarf Midget and I approve this thread.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2010, 04:29:23 pm »

Check the list I've provided. All of the mods are high-quality and most of them are integrated in leveled lists properly. If you use WryeBash you can edit leveled lists btw.

No, see, I already knew about Telesphroro's list. And yes, the leveled list mods on it are still just as crappy as they were 6 months ago when I originally looked through them.

I wasn't aware an Oblivion mod-managing utility was capable of editing leveled lists. Ok, now that I'm done being a smart ass, I wasn't aware Wrye Mash could do anything with leveled lists beyond merging them. I usually edit through the Construction Set, but I'll use the Enchanted Editor if I just want to see what's changed.

My favorite texture pack is called Ultimate Textures Complete. If you don't want the terrain to look like crap afterwards, get a mod called "Texture Fix" and then get three called "correctUV rocks", "correctUV trees", and "correctUV Diverse Ore Veins". These will fix the seams that are really noticeable with high-resolution textures.

Make your life easier. Get the Morrowind Patch Project 1.6.5 (yes, it updated again), Morrowind Code Patch 1.8 (it also updated, there's also a 1.9 beta out), and Exe Optimizer. These will fix a LOT of bugs and will dramatically reduce CTD's. I haven't tried it out, but there's also one called GOTY Script Tidy which fixes scripting bugs, which is also supposed to reduce CTD's.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2010, 01:24:37 am »

Oops I meant Wrye Mash. I haven't modded Morrowing in a while but I am sure this or some very similar utility allows to edit leveled lists, I used it to "fix" some mods with cool armor which appears in every shop.

Yeah, I use UTC too, I liked it a lot. I think I missed the seam-fixing mods, thanks, I will look for them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2010, 01:35:18 am »

There's a tool called like... The Elder Scrolls Advanced Mod Editor, I think, that might let you edit lists. I don't know, I didn't play around with it much.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2010, 07:32:21 pm »

I've decided that I am going to use Filesmelt.com to host the images for the LP.

Free Sample of how things are progressing.

Click to Embiggen.

One problem though. There are several objects that disappear when I get closer to them. trees, Boats, that sort of thing. Any ideas?
!!&!!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2010, 07:42:04 pm »

sounds like a bad computer or corrupt save.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2010, 07:44:38 pm »

Definitely not a bad computer. Corrrupt save? Maybe. More than likely something with Morrowind Graphics Extender.
!!&!!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2010, 08:34:11 pm »

Vivic City from a distance. Helpful teaser?

Some things to note; Over the shoulder third person camera. high definition 1920x1080 screenshots, shrunk with the image tag only so that you can view the full size with just a click, or viewing in another tab. High resolution textures for armor and landscapes. This will be a very pretty LP once I've got everything set up right. Right now, minor bugs with some trees and objects are throwing it off. There's a boat in Seyda Neen that disappears when I get closer to it, but fades in as I move further away. Same for some trees and giant mushrooms. Once I can resolve these issues, we're set to go.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:48:00 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14