Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: Dawntide, an MMO in development  (Read 32135 times)

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide, an MMO in development
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2011, 07:11:32 pm »

Well, I made a character, and am now in the copper mine near the first town, attempt to get a lot of cooper.

Got off until we figure out if we are making a bay12 town or not.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2011, 08:08:39 pm »

Well, I'm Rolf in game. I've been playing with Krinlon (not sure who he is on Bay 12) and he skinned a bandit. And tried to skin his own corpse.

By the way, apparently you need to either be a Jack of All trades and make sucky stuff, or band together with others to make awesome stuff. It really encourages teamwork.

For example, if I want to make copper ringmail boots, I need copper ingots (easy for me to make) and padding(made by leatherworkers). It wouldn't be such a problem, but the skill cap means I could only max out 7 skills.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2011, 09:34:46 pm »

Yeah, it definitely requires teamwork to do anything(or multiple characters. Limit is 5, last I checked). Building a ship, for example, requires high Carpentry(duh), Tailoring(for the cloth for the sail), and either Armorsmithing or Weaponsmithing(for nails, in fact, there's a recipe for either skill).

And of course, that's just for ships. You'll still need cross-skills for a whole lot of other things. Just making swords requires Mining(ores and ingots), Lumberjacking, Carpentry(these two for the hilt), and then Weaponsmithing.

Plus, if you're out gathering resources, you'll need fighting skills(or bring someone with fighting skills) to keep from getting ganked.

EDIT: Is it possible to stop the updater and continue later? It's taking awhile.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:37:24 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2011, 10:52:35 pm »

I think I'm up for it? I probably shouldn't be in a position where other people are relying on me, but I'll play a bit. Making Zyll (Fishing, Enchanting, Animal Training, Preservation, Elementalism, and Illusion) and I'll poke around for a little bit tonight.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2011, 11:02:13 pm »

Fishing and Animal Training are NOT in. Don't take them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2011, 11:04:34 pm »

Well... too late. Kinda figured they were because I specifically asked about animal training and someone said it was. Oh well I guess.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2011, 05:16:36 pm »

Patch server is down. Won't be playing today, I guess.

EDIT: It's back up. Still gonna take a long time to update, though.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:36:40 pm by Akura »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2011, 09:18:17 pm »

Well, I've formed the Empire of Armok. If anyone wants to get in, I can make them officers so they can invite people.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2011, 07:08:26 am »

I think i'll give this a shot, it sounds fun.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2011, 07:49:43 am »

Me too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2011, 09:36:09 am »

I tried this game out a while ago. It seemed pretty empty, and I couldn't really figure out how to do much. There were rabbits flying in the air, too.
After running around for about 20 minutes I quit, a little disappointed. But then again, it is an open beta, so I'm willing to give it another go if we have some kind of bay12 group deal going on.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2011, 09:53:53 am »

But then again, it is an open beta, so I'm willing to give it another go if we have some kind of bay12 group deal going on.
We do, apparently.

Personally, I find the gameplay to be like a 3D Ultima Online.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2011, 11:08:06 am »

Are the servers down? I can't connect at all.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2011, 11:08:50 am »

i'll try this game, will make a character after work

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2011, 11:58:23 am »

Servers seem to be having some intermittent problems. Also, the servers will be out between 3/7 to 3/11.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28