Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28

Author Topic: Dawntide, an MMO in development  (Read 32066 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide, an MMO in development
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2010, 07:09:49 am »

Huh, looks pretty neat. The site's down as I'm typing this so it's a bit hard to know exactly what I'm getting in to, but it'd be neat to try it. I'll send a PM.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2010, 09:06:05 am »

Anyone else getting a really low fps while playing and a crash when they log out?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2010, 11:43:33 am »

Just gave out my last key  8) Those went quick as I knew they would for a game like this.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2010, 11:54:02 am »

When I read the first post I saw "WURM" written all over it.
Seeing as I must've wasted years of my life on that lovable little game. That isn't necessarily a bad point.

I am now looking forwards to this. YAY.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2010, 11:58:31 am »

Awesome, thanks for the key! I have some classes and stuff until about 2:30 or 3, but I'll be downloading it and playing after that.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2010, 12:23:40 pm »

So all 10 keys are gone? that means there should be eleven of us, we should meet up and get some pillaging on the go. :P

I've just created my character, walked about 3 feet and fell though the floor, had to wander around in limbo mashing fixme to get out, but finally did! I'm in as fenrif so friendlist me or send a whisper or something.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2010, 01:08:04 pm »

i got 2 keys just pm if you don't got one.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2010, 02:39:19 pm »

I'm in for now. If it's enough like wurm I'll probably be staying for a while.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 02:47:23 pm »

I think we each get a beta key as well... not sure how it works, but the email said we get an invite as well. I'm downloading as we speak, but I had to engage the DF learning part of my brain to navigate the account creation and activation website.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2010, 02:56:32 pm »

If you don't get a key don't worry too much, Friday is the open beta start :P

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2010, 03:27:08 pm »

Dang, the player market interface isn't finished so I can't trade for components I need to make armor. :< Willing to trade my Metal Studs for Padding, it'll help leatherworkers make armor and me make armor as well :P

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2010, 03:35:04 pm »

Alright, I'll have to take a look at this. DF town? Let's call it Bottleneck...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2010, 03:35:21 pm »

Hmm, I've installed and patched this twice now, both times it crashed my computer and managed to corrupt its own install somehow... Gonna give it one more try tonight and see if itll play nice.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2010, 03:44:06 pm »

Hmm I got it installed and patched, just made a character and starting it up. I got an error when the program started after patching, but apparently it didn't matter. Zyll in game.

So... theoretically it's a fun game. In practice, I couldn't figure out how to turn except by using the mouse which was ridiculously hard to control and only about half of my keystrokes and clicks registered, which made it hard to even TRY spamming /fixme when I magically fell through the floor while not actually doing anything. Probably gonna give it a few minutes and try it again.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 04:14:53 pm by Bluerobin427 »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2010, 05:03:21 pm »

If you have input troubles, try setting the program's priority lower in the task-manager. This is a known problem, dunno when it'll get fixed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28