Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Dawntide, an MMO in development  (Read 32058 times)

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide, an MMO in development
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2010, 05:24:43 pm »

z and x turn you, but you should probably set that to something else (I like Q and E). I'm incredibly lost and just got killed by a named rabbit. lol wtf is up with this game... wiki time!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2010, 05:46:46 pm »

z and x turn you, but you should probably set that to something else (I like Q and E). I'm incredibly lost and just got killed by a named rabbit. lol wtf is up with this game... wiki time!
I think the named rabbit is a monty python reference :P

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2010, 05:53:31 pm »

Rabbit of Caerbannog?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2010, 06:26:45 pm »

Ohhhhh ok. Lowering priority and realizing how to turn helped a LOT. Actually, lowering the priority solved almost all of the issues I have with it. Now I just need to figure out how to get to the options menu to change keybindings.

Edit: Oh there it is. Have to log out to get to it apparently.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:28:52 pm by Bluerobin427 »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2010, 12:14:29 am »

Anyone else getting a really low fps while playing and a crash when they log out?
Yep. Same thing.

Menus are extremely unresponsible, takes several clicks on anything to make it go. Even typing your password down is painful. It's nowhere near going into open beta like this. >.<
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:49:42 am by Soulwynd »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2010, 01:22:21 am »

Anyone else getting a really low fps while playing and a crash when they log out?
Yep. Same thing.

Menus are extremely unresponsible, takes several clicks on anything to make it go. Even typing your password down is painful. It's nowhere near going into open beta like this. >.<
Yah, it seems that the case is that they're not in a traditional sense open beta, but rather just opening up their closed beta/alpha phase to everyone now that they have the server infrastructure.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2010, 01:12:12 pm »

Theres a new patch today, and it seems to have stabalized it, I can actually get it to work now!

Started off and talked to some dude, blah blah blah, then some girl was like "oh theres an old man who's turning people against our religion, go talk to him!" so off I went, then I realised I had no idea where to go so I just picked a direction.

Headed over some stone bridge and found a graveyard, was trying (and failing) to pick some shrooms when some skellingtons started a fight, took the first one down but the second got me while i was faffing about trying to loot a mace from the first. Went back and got my corpse and it gives me the option to skin myself.

I can only assume I can then use my own skin to make some sort of clothing. I WILL WEAR MY OWN SKIN AS A CAPE!

Now I'm up in some lumber camp trying unsuccessfully to help them with some local wolves. It's looking pretty good so far, though I wish there was some indicator when you where attacking or not, sometimes I click attack and I'm not sure if it worked :S

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2010, 01:19:01 pm »

Well, I started the updater, it worked for ages on installing everything...  While it was doing that I went and played some Sacrifice.

Eventually, the Dawntide exe crashed Sacrifice, and now it's refusing to do anything.  If I try to execute it, it checks to make sure the patch is installed and then just crashes.  I get that incredibly useful Microsoft "Tell us about your problem!" dialog almost instantaneously.

This wouldn't happen to be geared towards Vista/Windows 7 users, hmm?  I'm still running XP.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2010, 01:47:56 pm »

I dunno, check the forums? Though installing somethign while playing a game is never usually a good idea.

I know that it kicks up a huge fuss if it isn't ran as administrator?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2010, 01:57:24 pm »

http://www.dawntide.net/client/DawntideSetup.zipPage not found                                     The requested page could not be found
Fail.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2010, 02:10:46 pm »

Is this going to be pay-to-play eventually?

It looks cool, but I don't know if I want to get into it if I'll have to drop it later. :/

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2010, 02:12:45 pm »

I think someone in the thread said it will be, I don't see it being free TBH. Still worth checking out the open beta tommorow though, it should last a good few weeks.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2010, 02:37:06 pm »

I think someone in the thread said it will be, I don't see it being free TBH. Still worth checking out the open beta tommorow though, it should last a good few weeks.

I'm thinking they plan at least several months of open beta, they aren't really that close to release I don't think.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2010, 03:37:47 pm »

- the R key is a good friend, if you're a miner or mason it is the skill to find minerals in areas that have them.
- Lumberjacking is a good way to get cash and skill going in the start to pay for recipes, go up the hill north east of starter town and you'll reach it.
- There are a LOT of physx/clipping issues at the moment. If you fall through the earth, try /fixme in chat.

I've been mashing the R key pretty much constantly, even found a cave and went spelunking (spider killed me :() but I've not found any minerals, ores, or rocks to harvest.

It'd help if pressing R gave any indication whatsoever that it was doing anything... Help says i should have a prospecting skill in my abilities book, but when i click on the skills tab nothing happens...

Any advice?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2010, 03:39:20 pm »

I made a mage, pretty much. I can go zap zap on things and they die good.

Not having any gathering skills will suck for money, I bet. But at least I can be a bodyguard to someone. =p
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28