Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Time Travel Mafia, Day 3  (Read 32263 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Time Travel Mafia, Day 1
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2009, 06:41:47 am »

I think I'm going to unvote and vote for ToonyMan. I'm not convinced he is mafia, but if the mafia decide to revive him, he would be even more suspicious than he is now and we would probably waste a day lynching him again.

How could the mafia revive him?  If he's lynched, there's pretty much no way he can be revived, unless the mafia has enough nightkills to change which way this vote wemt.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2009, 07:05:28 am »

All it would have taken is one person changing their vote from ToonyMan to you. Unlikely, but it's better to be sure they'll not try anything like that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2009, 08:14:26 am »

All it would have taken is one person changing their vote from ToonyMan to you. Unlikely, but it's better to be sure they'll not try anything like that.
Well then, that's a good sign that you're mafia and know that you can go back in time to kill.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2009, 08:33:45 am »

Quote from: Servant Corps
3) All Power Roles have access to Time Travel. They may choose to use their Power in the past (Last Night), the present (the Present Night), and the future (the Next night).

I was just assuming the rules hadn't been changed because I haven't seen Servant Corps mention that he has modified time travel.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2009, 08:36:04 am »

Quote from: Servant Corps
3) All Power Roles have access to Time Travel. They may choose to use their Power in the past (Last Night), the present (the Present Night), and the future (the Next night).

I was just assuming the rules hadn't been changed because I haven't seen Servant Corps mention that he has modified time travel.
Hmm... good call.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2009, 08:51:01 am »

Which, strangely, means that one of us is probably dead already, and our vote won't count.  Since all kills can be done the night before, doctors wouldn't be as powerful as we previously thought (we thought that the doctor could resurrect anyone, but he's powerless if the kill was already set to "yesterday").

And, of course, there are no roleflips in this game, for added confusion.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2009, 09:03:50 am »

Which, strangely, means that one of us is probably dead already, and our vote won't count.  Since all kills can be done the night before, doctors wouldn't be as powerful as we previously thought (we thought that the doctor could resurrect anyone, but he's powerless if the kill was already set to "yesterday").

And, of course, there are no roleflips in this game, for added confusion.
That is where you're wrong. Doctors simply have to work in the past, always. Otherwise, they are powerless. In fact, wouldn't it be better if every power went into the past? That was it couldn't be stopped... Now it's just about getting n+2 people to vote against scum than the n+1 that we thought. So, it's just that scum has much much more ability than normal.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2009, 09:13:55 am »

Hmm, indeed.

Actually, if the doctor did decide to work in the present, he would have a greater chance of blocking the mafia's next nightkill.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2009, 09:24:41 am »

Hmm, indeed.

Actually, if the doctor did decide to work in the present, he would have a greater chance of blocking the mafia's next nightkill.
Not really, since being killed in the past would stop them from protecting in the present...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2009, 09:28:46 am »

Being killed in the past would also stop them protecting in the past though, since they wouldn't be able to go back in time and protect in the past.

Ok, this is confusing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2009, 09:55:59 am »

Being killed in the past would also stop them protecting in the past though, since they wouldn't be able to go back in time and protect in the past.

Ok, this is confusing.
Yeah, I actually thought of that later, too. These rules are confusing.

Basically, if we have a Vigilante, and he kills a mafia member in the past that kills a townie in the present. Therefore, he stops a kill from happening by being really really lucky.

This game is too influenced by power roles...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2009, 03:37:11 pm »

It stills comes down to lynching the scum, in the end.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2009, 03:50:36 pm »

Protection occur before killing though. So, a Doctor could protect someone one night and then get killed later on that same night.

(EDIT: But if you kill someone one night, they won't be able to protect anyone the next night.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 04:44:30 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2009, 04:43:31 pm »

Protection occur before killing though. So, a Doctor could protect someone one night and then get killed later on that same night.
Yeah, but if he's killed on the previous night then he won't be able to protect someone.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2009, 05:11:32 pm »

Well, this got confusing pretty quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13